Better facilities for lorry drivers

Paul Kingsley T/A PJK International used to deliver McDonald’s packaging north of Madrid on the National 1, tidy fleet of white and green 112,113 and 142 Scania’s.

Fred’s place on the N1 was doomed to fail as it was too far away from Madrid and most drivers didn’t know it was there.

Fred’s original restaurant was on a dust bowl by the residential flats , the food was good and cheap but you had to check your change as he was well known for short changing foreign drivers.

He then moved to the industrial estate and the armed guards who were built like gorillas were a right pain with their rules.

I used to walk to the airport to get an English newspaper.

I could not understand why drivers would sit in their cabs from Friday night until Monday morning to clear customs Monday.

I would take the train or bus to Madrid, it’s an amazing thriving and booming city.

My new bike was chained to a bin and on returning it was gone as the bin men had a key that unlocked the bin, i didn’t realise that, I would use the quieter roads to cycle to the city.

He is still trading in Madrid at a tower block.

One Senorita used a syringe to put some iodine down the wee hole , the sting was unbearable, now I know how a cow feels when it has Mastitis.

Another thing about the original Fred’s dust bowl was don’t drive on the dust bowl.When it rained the dust turned to grease which gave zero traction when it came to driving away.

Or having the windows open as it was too hot to sleep and all the dust would blow in the cab and awake to see and hear all the other drivers using their air dust guns blowing the dust out.

njl:
Swindon truck stop getting improvements.

swindonadvertiser.co.uk/new … 85k-boost/

Probably should have been given much more than that.

I read elsewhere that the deep fat fryers have been down for six weeks, when mentioned when are they getting repaired, the stock answer is a couple of days, they don’t like it when anyone replies with, “you said that three weeks ago”