Best truckstop food

Riverside cafe on the old A4 near Heathrow. Plenty of parking and stonking good food however a touch pricey

Cheap breakfast and hot drinks at Costco Magna Park.Bacon butties and the coffee is only 40 p.Friendly kitchen staff.I fill up there to save paying rip off prices up the road.Shuts at 11.30 am.

toby1234abc:
Chippenham is not bad.Had some good stews and casseroles in there.Big helpings too.

I agree ^^ nighted out there last Tuesday and had a very generous helping and it was hot and nicely done.

Albion inn truckstop jct 25 M5, cracking food & nice people running it.

Staff canteen at Argos RDC Bridgwater is very good meals and cheap.
Wilkinsons RDC the same.

Any one that does good fresh salad gets a vote from me, and they are unfortunately few and far between :frowning:

I’m not a veggie but I do tend to have salad with most meals :slight_smile:

Doug’s Diner Gillwilly est Penrith. Only 5 mins off M6 J4O
Good quality, not crap, meat. All meals cooked fresh to order so not quick, so I normally phone ahead and it’s ready for you and saves waiting.
Recommend the ■■■■■■■■■■ sausage breakfast. If parked overnight you get a voucher.
J40, past the truckstop rhs, Tj right, first left, left fork, 200yds or so on right.

robroy:
Good quality, not crap, meat. All meals cooked fresh to order so not quick, so I normally phone ahead and it’s ready for you and saves waiting.
Recommend the ■■■■■■■■■■ sausage breakfast. If parked overnight you get a voucher.
J40, past the truckstop rhs, Tj right, first left, left fork, 200yds or so on right.

Agree with that one, plus if you work for a tight wad company you can park for free on Cowper Road just round the corner.

PJ’s at Sudbury just off the A50 always impressed me, quality service and decent food. York auction/lorry park is also very good value, only a tenner last time I stopped there if I remember with security on site all night. Decent food, decent showers etc

Hearthead moor services east bound the cafe behind the services is great

no bodies mentioned j26 m25 yet ,i have had 3 out of 3 decent meals ,the Hollies is not bad but tatties are a tad lumpy ,Holmewood ,some good days some bad, main gripe is the mushrooms ,they are tinned or frozen not fresh

Trev_H:

Dave55:
The Hollies, I last went in there when the owner was on CB as Green Goddess(have I just made that up?) it was slop.

No you were right but that would have been close to 30 yrs ago :open_mouth:
It has since had a refurb and conditions much improved !

30 years? :open_mouth: Christ - time flies when you’re having fun :confused:

anisboy:
Any one that does good fresh salad gets a vote from me, and they are unfortunately few and far between :frowning:

I’m not a veggie but I do tend to have salait’s sith most meals :slight_smile:

Junction 23 Truckstop do a cracking salad, Red Rum would have trouble jumping it!

I’ve found on the few occasions I’ve used truckstops that if you’re lucky enough to turn up when either the food’s just come out or they cook you it from scratch then it’s usually decent, it’s when it’s been sat on a hotplate for hours when the quality is diminished.

Standeford farm on the A449,
Stibbington diner on the A1

robroy:

last time i was in dougs (must be 3-4 years ago) i waited 40 mins too get a seat cause it was full of railway workers, never did get a seat so i voted with my feet and never went back, pity cause the grub was well nice.

Used to be Graham’s by Wiseman’s just off the M5 by Bridgwater.

Now? Codford Café A36

I went to J38 truckstop the other week as we use it often for fuel as we take trombone trailers to prestwick airport for a well known aircraft manufacturer! I stopped fo fuel but time was not on my side so popped in to get a take away meal! I opted for cheesy chips with gravy and a ■■■■■■■■■■ sausage! £7.25 yes that’s right £7.25 pulled my pants right down! Luckily I grabbed an extra hour to compensate! But that is extortion!

M25 Junction 26 Waltham Abbey.Good meals there.Gets full early.I walked to the town.You did not miss much.It was dead mid week.

mozzer44:
I went to J38 truckstop the other week as we use it often for fuel as we take trombone trailers to prestwick airport for a well known aircraft manufacturer! I stopped fo fuel but time was not on my side so popped in to get a take away meal! I opted for cheesy chips with gravy and a ■■■■■■■■■■ sausage! £7.25 yes that’s right £7.25 pulled my pants right down! Luckily I grabbed an extra hour to compensate! But that is extortion!

Jesus… Thats Orwell prices, and they ARE a rip off…

Tebay
Carnforth
Dougs at Penrith.
Cedars Grantshouse
Exeter Arms. Clyst Honiton.
Ballinluig.
Newtonmore.
PJ’s.
Cowfold.
In any order really but poss Carnforth and Dougs near the top

J38 is expensive but very tasty and locally farmed or made