Best truckfest?

Hi guys

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in

I’m looking to attend a truckfest this year but I’m wondering which the best is? “I cannot attend may”

By best I guess I’m asking biggest? Most enjoyable? Best facility’s? Most stalls? Most trucks?

I don’t know if you could pin point the above points I just want to attend the “best one”… I’ll be camping over the weekend on my Tod where ever I go

Thanks for any info you can give
All the best
Dave

Peterborough is a good one…But unfortunately it is in May…

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I went to truckfest south west (Shepton Mallet I believe?) a few years back. Went with my uncle and his actros 500 V8 and it was a really good / really enjoyable weekend spent hours and hours before hand getting the truck ready! Years before I became a driver :slight_smile:

If you want to go to the best truck festival you really need to go to mainland europe.

The british arent even in the same league as our european brethren.

Nog harder, lopik, first weekend of august is imo one of the best. Il be there this year.

Assen truck show.

I keep wanting to head to scandanavia for a holiday/truck festival but i can never get it to work with work dates.

Peterborough is the best of a bad bunch. I only go as it’s a weekend away with mates and I get to see friends from far and wide I don’t catch up with during the year. The regionals aren’t really up to much imo. I’d save my pennies if I was you. Assen and lopik are a week apart, or at least they usually are. Make a fortnight of it and go to Holland to do the two. You won’t be excited about truckfest after that

The best truckfest was 1993 when Erf were celebrating 60 yrs at peterborough ,it went down hill after that for me .

Punchy Dan:
The best truckfest was 1993 when Erf were celebrating 60 yrs at peterborough ,it went down hill after that for me .

That’s a long time for a breakdown, even by erf standards :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

What about stobbartfest but don’t know when or were :slight_smile:

Peterborough is probably the biggest and arguably best in the uk anyway, but as has been mentioned don’t think ours are as good as the ones abroad if you’re keen enough.

Ergot2005:
Hi guys

Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this in

I’m looking to attend a truckfest this year but I’m wondering which the best is? “I cannot attend may”

By best I guess I’m asking biggest? Most enjoyable? Best facility’s? Most stalls? Most trucks?

I don’t know if you could pin point the above points I just want to attend the “best one”… I’ll be camping over the weekend on my Tod where ever I go

Thanks for any info you can give
All the best
Dave

Save yourself a few quid mate, get yourself down to Poplars at Lymm, loads of trucks, loads of facilities, and it’s all FREE… …you’re welcome. :sunglasses:

Sorry mate :laughing: not my cup of tea looking at trucks, bit of a busmans wotsit , but if it floats your canoe bud…crack on, each to his own and all that. :wink: :smiley:

I do however enjoy looking at vintage truck shows, but it makes you feel bloody old when you have driven some or most of the exhibits :laughing:

Concretejim:
If you want to go to the best truck festival you really need to go to mainland europe.

The british arent even in the same league as our european brethren.

Nog harder, lopik, first weekend of august is imo one of the best. Il be there this year.

Assen truck show.

I keep wanting to head to scandanavia for a holiday/truck festival but i can never get it to work with work dates.

+1…assen…end of story…the uk ones ar as robroy says and the equivelant of wandering around lymm… truckstar.nl/festival/english/ you can camp at asserboys site which is 50 yards away from the paddock…nothing in the uk compares…last weekend in july. itl cost you 15 euro per person in 1 van to camp there.

the best truckfest are not truck fest same celebs year after year zzzzz, they are the private ones likes truck bash at nuneaton/ the great north west truck show manchester/warwickshire charity truck convoy, all money from the truck enter goes to charity and not in the back pockets :wink:

I heard Truckmania at Beaulieu last year was pretty good, planing to go this year as its 30mins from me. Went to southwest last year and that was good.

Problem Iv notice is truck fest south at Newbury is on the same weekend a Truckmania.

Even I’m likely to go this year as there’s one at Newbury. Not taking the lorry though as I don’t agree with paying to show trucks (without which there’d be no truck show), but I’d love to take mine in “straight from work” colours, just to annoy some anoraks. :laughing:

Muckaway:
Even I’m likely to go this year as there’s one at Newbury. Not taking the lorry though as I don’t agree with paying to show trucks (without which there’d be no truck show), but I’d love to take mine in “straight from work” colours, just to annoy some anoraks. :laughing:

This is what I find a little odd, Most car shows I attend are free if you are an exhibitor or pay at the door and park in a car park.

Im hoping to get to one this year

montytom:

Muckaway:

This is what I find a little odd, Most car shows I attend are free if you are an exhibitor or pay at the door and park in a car park.

Im hoping to get to one this year

It’s because they have to pay for these Z list celebrities, those who want to see them should pay extra IMHO.

I cant see the logic in paying out good money to walk around a field to look at trucks when you can stand by any road side on any day of the week and look at them for free :confused:
Unless you are one of the said anoraks …

Went to Ingilston last year just after i started driving. It was more the mrs wanted to go to see if i could get any job contacts there and meet a man from Stobart. Anyhows i couldnt have been more bored out my ■■■■ if you handed my a financial times.

Its one thing to work and drive these things, its a step too far when you use things like this as a ■■■■ mag to get your kicks on your day off.

been to truckfest twice and wont be going a 3rd time - too tacky for me, plus the fact I reckon its all fixed like dog shows and the likes, although I have no proof :unamused:

war1974:
plus the fact I reckon its all fixed like dog shows and the likes, although I have no proof :unamused:

yer not wrong there well not far out anyway.the last one I went to ( a few yrs ago now) there were drivers saying almost spot on who was picking up what award.

Thing is some places take the trucks off the road for a week or weeks beforehand to prep the trucks from wheels kept in store just for the shows to stripping out the cab to deep clean it completely .

Small independent shows seem to be better .