Best truck for you

what lorry you likes most of all for driving.

MAN TGA XXL, not driven the TGX but assume its even better.

DAF XF SSC

Volvo FH16 750…sorry couldn’t resist

switchlogic:

not that your bias or anything… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Enjoying it switch?

Fh16, didn’t want it at first, love it now

lilysgranpa:

switchlogic:

Enjoying it switch?

Its the most amazing vehicle I’ve ever driven. I get annoyed when I run out of hours its that comfortable. Its an absolute monster of a truck. Still pinching myself to make sure its really happening.

Andrejs:
what lorry you likes most of all for driving.

Thames Trader or Bedford “S” type(thats confused you Andrejs) :angry: :angry:

For an 8w, Merc Axor :open_mouth: Loved the one I tried.
For a 6w I’d be happy with a Foden Alpha or Volvo FE. The Foden is tougher but I’ve never been a fan of the CF cab whereas the FE is easy to drive and no frills.

scania for i prefer the position in them ( can pull the wheel right out ) and they feel great on bends
i only ever driven a volvo once for a week but could live with one full time if given the chance

I personally like Mercedes’ (except the Atego) and any DAF (especially the XF).

switchlogic:

lilysgranpa:

switchlogic:

Enjoying it switch?

Its the most amazing vehicle I’ve ever driven. I get annoyed when I run out of hours its that comfortable. Its an absolute monster of a truck. Still pinching myself to make sure its really happening.

And there’s me chuffed to bits with my 540

tonyb70:

switchlogic:

lilysgranpa:

switchlogic:

Enjoying it switch?

And there’s me chuffed to bits with my 540

And I’m still chuffed with my 56 plate 520 after 2 years. :laughing: So I suppose that means it’s a Volvo FH for me then. :smiley:

Renault premium 460 great all rounder, quiet, comfortable and don’t look to bad either.

I will stick wae my old Mack CH daycab, nothing to look at but pulls like a train,never fails to get better fuel economy than the newer visions lighter as well (nearly 500-650kgs ) and handles like a dream.
jimmy

You can keep your high-power motors for the willy-wavers and the waiting room bores. I’d love my 52 plate 420 4-series Topline back.

But if it’s a 62 plate, I’d take a 480 TGX XXL.

Got a delivery mileage 62 plate daf xf 460, absolutely shocking :open_mouth:
Gutless, slows down on any hill even when empty, traction control seems to kick in all the time, can’t pull away at roundabouts and junctions without written permission in triplicate and 48hrs notice:evil:
Build quality is dire, so many rattles and squeaks it’s like driving a mobile budgie farm.
Gearbox is awful and any rain sticks to the side windows and won’t clear and the heater has to be on full just to get a trickle of warm air!
Fuel economy is rubbish too, 30l per 100km :open_mouth: running empty half the time!
So definitely NOT the best truck for me, but the boss bought it and is paying for the diesel so I’ll just crack on with it.
Would love to have my old daf85 380 with a twin splitter, now that WAS the truck for me :sunglasses:

Man TGM or Volvo FM. The Renault Premium isn’t bad either. Any DAF you can burn, horrid, hateful things.

I learned in a DAF CF and drive a Premium 460 6x2 now, so I don’t have a massive amount of experience but I would take the Renault over the DAF any day.

Sure, I would love the 500 unit in the Magnum, full loads of beer can be a ■■■■■ with “only” 460 to play with. I would also like to find the swede responsible for that abomination of a gearbox and put his nuts through a garlic crusher. The only gearbox worse than the “Optidriver” (one assumes its called that because any driver would Opti to use a manual over it) is the old EasyTronic in the Vauxhall Corsa.

There is however a good amount of space. Build quality is good if not up to a MAN or a Merc. Price is where the Renault is King and it isn’t too bad on juice either.

For pure looks though, you can’t beat the new Actros. It just looks like it owns the road.

nsmith1180:
I learned in a DAF CF and drive a Premium 460 6x2 now, so I don’t have a massive amount of experience but I would take the Renault over the DAF any day.

I would also like to find the swede responsible for that abomination of a gearbox and put his nuts through a garlic crusher. The only gearbox worse than the “Optidriver” (one assumes its called that because any driver would Opti to use a manual over it) is the old EasyTronic in the Vauxhall Corsa.

Out of all the trucks I’ve driven I’d say the Renault has one of the best gearboxes around.