Best truck ever!

Hi Bewick

I don’t do “get stuck in” I prefer reasonable debate in order to reach a logical conclusion, but thank you for your encouragemant I enjoy following you and carryfast on here, I find it very entertaining, keep the thread going, good luck and cheers for now, John

I suppouse the reason trucks stand out as been the best or favourite of our carraer are because they were a lot better than what we have driven before. Hence why f88s lb series scanias 2800 dafs etc are so highly rated by drivers of a certain age as they were such a leap forward over the brits of the era. In 20 years time we will probally talking nostalgicaly of the volvo fh with i shift as that was a huge leap forward in trucks.

fodenway:
It’s a case of horses for courses. It depends what kind of work the wagon is meant for - that big shiny Kenworth would be as much good delivering to the mills around Dewsbury as a Scammell Scarab doing the Middle East run. What pleases the driver probably wouldn’t do much to make the transport manager or the accountant happy. Even if you’re judging on looks alone, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it’s good that we’re not all the same.

Theres probally some idiot out there who recons he down the m/e in a scarab.

Bewick:

John McVey:
Hi newmercman, I hear what you are saying about the lorries of the modern era and yes I agree that they are far superior in every way to those I mention but surely these belong to this time and in 10 or 20 years will be looked upon as inferior to those of that day, no my question is “BEST TRUCK EVER” which for us can only mean to date, I’m struggling to put in to words what I mean but it’s about which truck stood out as being an icon maybe, or one that will be remembered, for instance will any of the current trucks however good they are be remembered fondly in 30 years time, keep in mind this is only a discussion and I invite opinion

Cheers for now

John

John don’t be apologetic “get stuck in” what you need is Carryfast on the case and he will put the thread in the picture as to what the best truck is !! He may be 100% wrong but he will stick to his gun’s even in the face of superior fire power !!! Cheers Bewick.

Well said Bewick but would that include your idea that Allied tanks and MTB’s etc in WW2 used,or sould have used,Gardner engines instead of what they were actually fitted with :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:But I reckon that 1972 Kenworth conventional (especially if it was fitted with a Turbocharged 12V71 Detroit 2 stroke) was 30 years ahead of it’s time and would still be remembered fondly 30 years later which is why more than 30 years later they have’nt changed the design much (except as newmercman says the modern one of today would propably be running with a Detroit 4 stroke) (because they listened to all the propaganda against 2 strokes) working on the princible if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Carryfast:

Bewick:

John McVey:
Hi newmercman, I hear what you are saying about the lorries of the modern era and yes I agree that they are far superior in every way to those I mention but surely these belong to this time and in 10 or 20 years will be looked upon as inferior to those of that day, no my question is “BEST TRUCK EVER” which for us can only mean to date, I’m struggling to put in to words what I mean but it’s about which truck stood out as being an icon maybe, or one that will be remembered, for instance will any of the current trucks however good they are be remembered fondly in 30 years time, keep in mind this is only a discussion and I invite opinion

Cheers for now

John

John don’t be apologetic “get stuck in” what you need is Carryfast on the case and he will put the thread in the picture as to what the best truck is !! He may be 100% wrong but he will stick to his gun’s even in the face of superior fire power !!! Cheers Bewick.

Well said Bewick but would that include your idea that Allied tanks and MTB’s etc in WW2 used,or sould have used,Gardner engines instead of what they were actually fitted with :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:But I reckon that 1972 Kenworth conventional (especially if it was fitted with a Turbocharged 12V71 Detroit 2 stroke) was 30 years ahead of it’s time and would still be remembered fondly 30 years later which is why more than 30 years later they have’nt changed the design much (except as newmercman says the modern one of today would propably be running with a Detroit 4 stroke) (because they listened to all the propaganda against 2 strokes) working on the princible if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Hiya Carryfast ! see you philistine I’m not too hard on you — Only when you are talking S**t ( which is ,of course , most of the time !! ) but its a free country (just ) although if it weren’t I’m sad to say you’d be the first one in fron’t of the firing squad ( don’t say it !! and I would be second !! ) Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

John McVey:

Cheers for now

John

Hiya Carryfast ! see you philistine I’m not too hard on you — Only when you are talking S**t ( which is ,of course , most of the time !! ) but its a free country (just ) although if it weren’t I’m sad to say you’d be the first one in fron’t of the firing squad ( don’t say it !! and I would be second !! ) Cheers Bewick.

You two are like Ali and Frazier,you will keep punching until your both knackered,and the winner will be Don King. :laughing:

ford D series. mega cool. brilliant. shove your scanies up your ■■■, give me a new six legger D series cargo. :unamused: :unamused: i ordered one this week. the man hasn’t phoned me back yet. i’m still waiting. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: ■■■■…I’ll just get a thames trader :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

don corleone always makes you an offer you can’t understand :cry: :cry:

jimmy m:
ford D series. mega cool. brilliant. shove your scanies up your ■■■, give me a new six legger D series cargo. :unamused: :unamused: i ordered one this week. the man hasn’t phoned me back yet. i’m still waiting. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: [zb]…I’ll just get a thames trader :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Thats what I call a bloke with taste !! Buy the Trader jimmy they never did anyone any harm !!! Cheers Bewick.

kr79:

fodenway:
It’s a case of horses for courses. It depends what kind of work the wagon is meant for - that big shiny Kenworth would be as much good delivering to the mills around Dewsbury as a Scammell Scarab doing the Middle East run. What pleases the driver probably wouldn’t do much to make the transport manager or the accountant happy. Even if you’re judging on looks alone, beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and it’s good that we’re not all the same.

Theres probally some idiot out there who recons he down the m/e in a scarab.

His name is “Carryfast” !!! Anon.

Dave the Renegade:

Bewick:

Carryfast:

Bewick:

John McVey:

Cheers for now

John

You two are like Ali and Frazier,you will keep punching until your both knackered,and the winner will be Don King. :laughing:

No no !! Don King wouldn’t understand any of the B****s on this site so the winners are the Guest’s ! they would have to pay good money for a show like this normally !! our joint Bank a/c is Coutts & co London A/c no ******** oh Fk it Carryfast has veto’d the thread ! Sorry Bewick.