Best sit com ever?

neilg14:
Not a sitcom but The Inbetweeners, funniest programme since “Only Fools.”

+1

neilg14:
Not a sitcom but The Inbetweeners, funniest programme since “Only Fools.”

+1 Thorpe park episode etched in my mind forever :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The-Snowman:

scanny77:
modern comedies are not funny because they have to be politically correct which takes out most of the humour

+1
Best and funniest for me is Only Fools & Horses. I could recite every episode word for word with the sound down and I know exactly whats going to happen and yet I STILL laugh out loud at it. Also still game is good but im not sure if the English guys will know it. Not sure if it got broadcast down south

they wuldnt comprehend still game south of the border…""feeeeecheezzz “” as quoted in the stuck in a lift hogmany special would be a fair example. if you watch an audience with billy connelly then the scots in the audience are wetting themselfs,whilst most of the english are sitting with fixed grins wondering whats funny,but pretending to look amused at the same time…worlds apart.though burniestoun has its moments as well… the link says it all :unamused:

youtube.com/watch?v=sAz_UvnUeuU

Ever decreasing circles…sheer genius.

… Mrs.Browns Boys, ta’ be sure :slight_smile:

My favourite has got to be the old Open All Hours with Ronnie Barker. Could watch them all day long.

Peter Kay`s “Phoenix nights” was damned funny.

For an old school offering, Ronnie Corbett was very funny in “Sorry”.

For me in no order

Phoenix nights
Max and paddy’s road to nowhere
Inbetweeners
Black adder 2 and 3
Some mother do have em
Faulty towers

dieseldog999:
.""feeeeecheezzz “” as quoted in the stuck in a lift hogmany special

And feeeeeeecheezzz to you as well! :laughing:

Get that bus out butler…
It’s distilled into me that phrase.

Dads Army, timeless still makes me laugh after 40 years.

Last of the summer wine.

Fools & Horses is my all time favourite, Bluestone 42 is very funny & I love House of Fools, Cuckoo, Dads Army & the Inbetweeners.

The-Snowman:

dieseldog999:

nobody outwith a 50 mile radius of glasgow is going to know what that is… :wink:

Peep Show” - Bit of a niche/cult comedy that was shown on Channel 4 late at night. It might take you a few episodes to “get it” if you’ve never seen it. And you should watch it from series one, episode one - and then continue in episode/series order. Once you “get it” it does have some great comedy moments.

dieseldog999:

The-Snowman:

dieseldog999:

nobody outwith a 50 mile radius of glasgow is going to know what that is… :wink:

As far as 50? :laughing:

Rab C Nesbitt was another that was hilarious.

Dan Punchard:

F-reds:
Flay Otters. End of.

Yep watery fouls for me too.

■■■■■ towels and the best one…flowery ■■■■■■ :laughing: or to get through the censor flowery 2 wats :smiley:

The Worst Week of My Life
Goodnight Sweetheart
2point4 Children
Till Death Us Do Part
The Piglet Files

Bottom.

fingermissing:
The Worst Week of My Life
Goodnight Sweetheart
2point4 Children
Till Death Us Do Part
The Piglet Files

Watching those last four “sitcoms” would be the worst week no doubt :laughing:
Goodnight sweetheart was ok but without David Jason to bounce off Nichalos Lyndhurst cant carry a sitcom on his own