Best satellite tv system for truck?

what is best option for tv in a truck, i’v given up on analogue and freeview digital through an aerial, has anyone a satellite dish system on there truck?
whats good?

hi mate i don’t know how good it is but it may be worth a look

maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=48737

Maplins also do this one

maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=218642

Friends of mine had something similar on his caravan, said it was OK, but only the basic channels, not the 250 as claimed, but this poss due to the footprint of the dish. Guess if you had room could use a normal SKY dish■■?

Other thing he said was a signal reciever was a boon in setting up the dish…

I’ve got this

its got a telescopic pole you fit on the back of your truck and has a remote control to turn the aeriel round to get the best signal

costs around £90 iirc

Alternative if got internet (but not as many channels) - WATCH TV ON-LINE

I use my laptop when im out and about, just plug the dongle in and om away, its great for BBC I player and ITV Player, also because ive got the whole Sky package at home, i can watch all the Sky channels through my laptop for free.

mr bluecity:
I use my laptop when im out and about, just plug the dongle in and om away, its great for BBC I player and ITV Player,

how much bandwidth does that use ■■

also because ive got the whole Sky package at home, i can watch all the Sky channels through my laptop for free.

is that the sky tv and broadband package ?

Hi Denis, ive got a T Mobile Dongle, i pay £15 month for 3gb usage, when i phoned T mobile and asked them how much is 3gb worth they told me basically how long is a piece of string, they told me as long as im not downloading hundreads of songs and programmes each month i should be fine. Also if you ever did go over the 3gb usage for the month you dont get any extra charge, they just send you a letter stating that youve gone over your monthly allowance, ive used it for 3 months now and each night i usually watch a film from sky or watch what evers on bbc iplayer or itv, in the time ive had it luckily ive never had any problems with coverage or signal from the dongle.
Also yes i do have the sky broadband package at home.

ah those dongles pretty quick then for internet speed, i use the web and walk thing from t mbile when i connect the phone itself to the laptop and its dog slow maybe just enough to view the forums and check email but not enough for vids etc,

I find Andrew if ive got full signal on my dongle its just as quick as my broadband at home.

mr bluecity:
Hi Denis, ive got a T Mobile Dongle, i pay £15 month for 3gb usage, when i phoned T mobile and asked them how much is 3gb worth they told me basically how long is a piece of string, they told me as long as im not downloading hundreads of songs and programmes each month i should be fine. Also if you ever did go over the 3gb usage for the month you dont get any extra charge, they just send you a letter stating that youve gone over your monthly allowance, ive used it for 3 months now and each night i usually watch a film from sky or watch what evers on bbc iplayer or itv, in the time ive had it luckily ive never had any problems with coverage or signal from the dongle.

I’ve only got 1gb from 3 at a tenner a month :blush: :blush: :blush:

Also yes i do have the sky broadband package at home.

I’ve only got the tv package so guess that won’t work for me :cry: :smiley:

Denis F:

Yes it will if you have a sky subscription you sign up to use sky player http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

bubsy06:

Denis F:

Yes it will if you have a sky subscription you sign up to use sky player http://skyplayer.sky.com/vod/page/default/home.do

thanks Bubsy

BEST SAT TV IS FOUND AT THE NEARIST PUB!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Just buy a house digi aerial(about £20) and away you go, I get LOADS of channels everywhere.
I’ll see if I can get a Pic nxt week to show how it fits to the Vehicle.

globby 480:
BEST SAT TV IS FOUND AT THE NEARIST PUB!!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

That is the best option!

bugcos:

globby 480:

That is the best option!

lol i know aint it :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

i pay 7.50 a month for 3gb from vodafone dogle
but i never use it just use my wireless at home

Joshh:
i pay 7.50 a month for 3gb from vodafone dogle
but i never use it just use my wireless at home

that’s well worth paying for :unamused: :unamused: :smiley:

try some of THIS

Deepinvet:
Just buy a house digi aerial(about £20) and away you go, I get LOADS of channels everywhere.
I’ll see if I can get a Pic nxt week to show how it fits to the Vehicle.

Do you have to get up and turn it before use or does it pick up digi ok?