Best route in Europe

I am guessing it would be the 101 route,Armazan,ie the picturesque inland route,from Valencia to Irun via Sunbilla,not the national one from Madrid to Burgos/Vitoria,that way is crawling with hassle from our cousins that like to wear knee high leather out rider boots,and bright red uniforms with a cherry for a hat.They sat me in Irun for a week to pay for a fine of 2301 euros for not having a wide load permit,in fact the machine moved over in transit by 30 cms,Baskeys got me on the last toll towards Francia,the permit had to be sorted at Vitoria,via an agent,and not by the Transport office of the Basque land in San Sebastian which was a ten minute bus ride from where i was held a prisoner at the “Autogrill” services.
The rest of the fine for a hand written 28 day attestation activity form which was done on line,but my boss wrote crucial information in biro,which is illegal,i had to raid the ATM daily,use some of the running money to get going,and got refunded from the boss on return.With food supply running low,it was not funny,as the Portuguese double man teams would take the ■■■■,and see me in the same ■■■■■■■■■■■■,when they had done 2 trips from Portugal/Germany/Portugal.Back to back,laugh Porkies then.

think you 're a bit confused on your numbers toby, to get to irun via sunbilla would be the N121 and the road from Almazan is the CL101?
this was a point i made about the best route some time back,
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49227&hilit=+best+route#p562654

I would guess the A2 Jubilee Way downhill section :laughing:

toby1234abc:
I am guessing it would be the 101 route,Armazan,ie the picturesque inland route,from Valencia to Irun via Sunbilla,not the national one from Madrid to Burgos/Vitoria,that way is crawling with hassle from our cousins that like to wear knee high leather out rider boots,and bright red uniforms with a cherry for a hat.They sat me in Irun for a week to pay for a fine of 2301 euros for not having a wide load permit,in fact the machine moved over in transit by 30 cms,Baskeys got me on the last toll towards Francia,the permit had to be sorted at Vitoria,via an agent,and not by the Transport office of the Basque land in San Sebastian which was a ten minute bus ride from where i was held a prisoner at the “Autogrill” services.
The rest of the fine for a hand written 28 day attestation activity form which was done on line,but my boss wrote crucial information in biro,which is illegal,i had to raid the ATM daily,use some of the running money to get going,and got refunded from the boss on return.With food supply running low,it was not funny,as the Portuguese double man teams would take the ■■■■,and see me in the same ■■■■■■■■■■■■,when they had done 2 trips from Portugal/Germany/Portugal.Back to back,laugh Porkies then.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

So, anyway toby, apart from all that,for you the best route would be the 101 route,Armazan,ie the picturesque inland route,from Valencia to Irun via Sunbilla.

Got there in the end :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

Wheel Nut:
I would guess the A2 Jubilee Way downhill section :laughing:

I prefer the uphill section, that means I am only 20 minutes from home :slight_smile:

Can’t remember the number of the road, but it goes from Montepulciano, through Perugia and Assissi and out to the Adriatic near Civitanova Vechhia, fun in an artic, but would be a scream on a fast bike :wink:

The N504 from Point D’Ain down to Chamberey was also a favourite of mine :wink:

I’ve always enjoyed driving the A25 from Pescara across the mountains and beautiful scenery.

Sorry to bring an old thread up but drove to Italy last year ( i hate flying ) for our annual hols and thought the road going over the Alps via the Simplon pass was superb and that made it all worth while driving and not flying. Also not many of you would have done it in a truck but driving into Monaco is amazing too especially when you come out of the last tunnel and you look to your right, amazing.

bald bloke:
Also not many of you would have done it in a truck but driving into Monaco is amazing too especially when you come out of the last tunnel and you look to your right, amazing.

Done that a few times in an artic when delivering in Monaco and you’re right it is a cracking view.

bald bloke:
Sorry to bring an old thread up but drove to Italy last year ( i hate flying ) for our annual hols and thought the road going over the Alps via the Simplon pass was superb and that made it all worth while driving and not flying.

the view from the top of the Simplon is absolutely brilliant

Yeah the simplon was brilliant, we stopped for a picnic and saw clouds floating pass below us, it was like being in a plane.

bald bloke:
Sorry to bring an old thread up but drove to Italy last year ( i hate flying ) for our annual hols and thought the road going over the Alps via the Simplon pass was superb and that made it all worth while driving and not flying. Also not many of you would have done it in a truck but driving into Monaco is amazing too especially when you come out of the last tunnel and you look to your right, amazing.

I done Monaco circuit in a truck; F88 three axle with 40’ trailer & have photo of confused cop. I was on my way to Italy in the 70’s & took a look round.
Best route; Granada to Seville in Springtime with all the blossoms.

harry:
Best route; Granada to Seville in Springtime with all the blossoms.

as long as they’ve cut the bushes back in the central reservation otherwise you end up with your mirror in the hedge when overtaking :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The Simplon is still one of the best routes to drive.

Route nationals from Perpignan to Foix. Challenging but stunning views :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bald bloke:
Also not many of you would have done it in a truck but driving into Monaco is amazing too especially when you come out of the last tunnel and you look to your right, amazing.

Is this the View you mean? :smiley:

Is that Jenson Button`s pad for weekend use only,helicopter pad there somewhere.!

I went thru Monaco in a 3 axe unit & semi just for the craik .I got the snaps somewhere of the confused looking Flic.

I have taken a road train down there for a removal job once, I don’t know how much that pad in the picture would cost, but the 7th floor flat that we moved this person into cost £11,000,000 and he told us it was one of the cheaper properties in the principality :open_mouth: He also pointed out that to park a boat in the Marina cost in the region of £750,000. So not a place I will be retiring to just yet! I managed to get to the Grand Prix one year when I parked on the services above the town, and even managed to blag a free seat :grimacing:

jimti:
I have taken a road train down there for a removal job once, I don’t know how much that pad in the picture would cost, but the 7th floor flat that we moved this person into cost £11,000,000 and he told us it was one of the cheaper properties in the principality :open_mouth: He also pointed out that to park a boat in the Marina cost in the region of £750,000. So not a place I will be retiring to just yet! I managed to get to the Grand Prix one year when I parked on the services above the town, and even managed to blag a free seat :grimacing:

You got a better view of the F1 than me, went for 6 years and this was normally my view of the F1.

And this was the chaos in the pit lane,

it’s about 5-10 minutes before we start running, and trying to get these people out was a nightmare. Infact the Monaco GP was always harder work than the other GP’s, I know that many in the F1 paddock felt the same.