Best country in Europe

My vote goes to Scotland,friendly peolple,adequate truck stops,good food,amazing scenery,the guys where i delivered to gave me their tokens to the coffee machine,you do not see the Southern Softies do that for a driver.
Keswick to Penrith,that is a scenic route,but that day is saw mobile speed camera`s and a police car hiding in the sun light.Yes,i know that is not in Scotland,before the holier than mightier brigade start nit picking with me,Luke and Raymundo,do you have a problem with me.
Edinboro by pass,what a breeze,no hold ups.

Best Sausages in Europe anyway Flat as a Lorne

Always happiest when doing a Scotch run. And yes, I know that scotch is a drink, not a country :wink:
Once I get north of Lancaster, I love the wide open views. Not so keen on the Glasgow section of the M8 mind…

Clean truck stops,and afternoon tiffin which is a huge plate of sanwhiches and home made biscuits with tea.
I have seen a lot of stress free dual carriegeways and the motorway network is spot on too.

As a boy I much prefered traveling around Europe with my dad but things were far different then, it was much more care free and still something of an adventure. By the time I started doing continental myself in 2006 it was a world of difference, Belgium used to be a doddle to transit, somewhere you could get your foot down and just crack on, but now its all hassle from start to finish. No over taking from 6am to 7pm on dual-carriage ways except where posted otherwise, no over taking in the rain etc and they try and fine you stupid amounts of money for the most trivial thing. The traffic in Germany and endless overtaking bans also make driving there a very unpleasant experience these days too. France still seemed ok to me but I only ever did northern and eastern France going down to Swiss or loading in the Strasbourg area etc so I dont know about the rest of the country.
If I went back to the UK I’d probably go back to doing European work again but only because its more interesting than running trailers from Immingham dock across the M62 five times a week. Having said that, with all the crap in Europe now, I’d almost say that running up and down from Scotland all week would be more enjoyable. I certainly used to enjoy my occasional jaunts up there.

Sweden with Holland a close second.

The Nederlandz for me please . I Could learn the language properly instead of just saying " mag ok jou in de kont [zb]? "

Scotland, good food?! Really?

switchlogic:

In places… :wink:

switchlogic:

Nobody said it was healthy - just good :wink:

Norway. Or of course Wales, but then that’s not technically a country.

This will probably come as a bit of a surprise, but I used to like Poland.

Not really, Harry. :wink:

HarrysDream!.jpg

switchlogic:

excuse me old chap but Wales is technically a country it just happens to be occupied by another one :laughing: :laughing:

welshboyinspain:

switchlogic:

excuse me old chap but Wales is technically a country it just happens to be occupied by another one :laughing: :laughing:

It’s not, it’s a Principality. How’s that for pedantry.

The Deutschland deffo best country in Europe. Quite funny some folk thinking Scotchlands best, not very well traveled perhaps? :confused: or and England so bad? :confused:

pavaroti:
The Deutschland deffo best country in Europe. Quite funny some folk thinking Scotchlands best, not very well traveled perhaps? :confused: or and England so bad? :confused:

Except to drive a truck in which case Germany is a complete nightmare

welshboyinspain:

switchlogic:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Next you’ll be trying to tell us Luxembourg is a country. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Hi all.I think that one of my favourite countries for driving must be Norway because of the relaxed mentality of the people,even in the winter.The cost,and quality of food is the only down side.
But i think at the top of my list must be Turkey[it’s almost Europe],It’s such a wonderful country,food people,culture and landscape all combine to make it something special.Mike

Coffeeholic:

welshboyinspain:

switchlogic:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Next you’ll be trying to tell us Luxembourg is a country. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

Some madhead was trying to tell me Scotlands a real country. :open_mouth: :unamused: We were argueing other this for a few mins with this madhead saying something about holyrood and MSP’s. I ended the conversation with “What does it say on your passport?” :bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :smiley: