Bentons Driver Injured

keep on trucking andy rip.

My condolences, my thoughts and prayers are with you all at this time

bloody hell :frowning:

You dont expect to read things like this on TN.

Condolences to the wife and kids.

RIP

A thread to remember Andrew and pass onto his family and friends condolences has been opened HERE
Please only use that thread to pass on such messages-
this thread can be used for any other discussion on this tragic event. Both threads will be archived and saved.

I will also copy over after a few days any condolence messages from this post that are not posted in the other one

under the circumstances ive opened a new sticky for the R.I.P.S.

HERE

keep on trucking andy.rip.

Does anyone know the circumstances of his accident?

And what is bizarre,is that Lucy and I had a phone conversation only a few days ago about my big accident in 2000,when I was lucky to survive.

There but for the grace of God,go I.

Ken.

Copied from the condolences thread, please use this thread for discussion:

jessicas dad:

gogzy:
jesus thats really sad to hear that, R.I.P.

mayby we should chip in and get some flowers for the funeral from us at trucknet or something?

ive got no problem myself dropping them off at the seen or wherever on behalf of everybody. :cry:

jessicas dad:

MR VAIN:
I’m deeply saddend by this news, although our paths may never of crossed, we’ve lost a colleague, a fellow road warrior. May you rest in peace.

just go’es to show it could be anyone of us next. :open_mouth:

rest in peace driver may the road be kind to you mate

That is horrible, particularly as it said his injuries weren’t life-threatening.

Sleep tight Dratsabasti.

Rikki, is there anything we can do as members to help his family :question:

The Professional Drivers Foundation ( the Charitable arm of the PDA ) are in touch with Andy’s family and have been since Friday.
Sadly on this occasion the only thing we could do was be available last night for them to ask us to let everyone know of Andy’s death.

One thing I would like to mention is that it took 24 hours for the Police to trace Andy’s next of kin because no records were kept, appaerently by his Employers.
This has turned out to 24 hours less his family have had to spend time with him.
.I’m going into work on Monday and will ask the question, and insist some records are kept if they are not already.

I think you should all do so too.

Andy left a son aged 18 and a daughter aged 16, and his ex wife is ringing me tomorrow to let me know details of the funeral.
I will post them on here.

Pat

what awfull news RIP :frowning:

about the next of kin thing, ive never really thought about it but id be in the same boat really if anything happend so something to remedy asap just in case

I went past the scene while they were cutting the poor fellow out and my heart missed a beat.It just goes to prove what a dangerous job driving can be.
I had never met Andy but reading all the various comments about him he seemed a top bloke.
R.I.P. Andy.

Just setting off for Scotland, given the Missus and 3 yr old son a big hug, tears in my eyes, you just never know in this job or any job for that matter!

Gold bless him and his family, my thoughts are with you.

This is terrible news, Andy was one of the good guys in this job.

I had heard of the incident but hadn’t realised it was so bad.

My heart felt condolences go to his family. R I P mate

jessicas dad:
the thing with this forum is althought most of us have never met we still feel like friends with each other through the banter and bickering, so its times like this we all feel like we have lost a friend and a collegue.

bloodoodle:
The Professional Drivers Foundation ( the Charitable arm of the PDA ) are in touch with Andy’s family and have been since Friday.
Sadly on this occasion the only thing we could do was be available last night for them to ask us to let everyone know of Andy’s death.

One thing I would like to mention is that it took 24 hours for the Police to trace Andy’s next of kin because no records were kept, appaerently by his Employers.
This has turned out to 24 hours less his family have had to spend time with him.
.I’m going into work on Monday and will ask the question, and insist some records are kept if they are not already.

I think you should all do so too.

Andy left a son aged 18 and a daughter aged 16, and his ex wife is ringing me tomorrow to let me know details of the funeral.
I will post them on here.

Pat

Please forgive my ignorance, but what or who are the Proffesional Drivers Foundation ?. Never heard of them before…

bedgar047:
Please forgive my ignorance, but what or who are the Proffesional Drivers Foundation ?. Never heard of them before…

Taken my pre Xmas CM column

The PDA (Professional Drivers Association) continues to try to raise the profile of the LGV driver, and work towards solutions for the problems faced by many in the industry. In the new year the PDA will be starting a new initiative to provide the industry a charitable benevolent fund , [The Professional Drivers Foundation]](http://www.pdafund.org) aimed at assisting the professional drivers who have had misfortune fall on them. something this industry should have had a long time ago.

Please note all questions or comments regarding this initiative should be directed to the PDA