Bentons Driver Injured

Andy Gormanly had an accident yesterday and is in Lincoln County Hospital. I thought he was a member on Trucknet, but I am not sure what his nickname is. If anyone knows,please let us know and our thoughts go to him. He has quite a few injuries and broken bones etc. Get Well soon Andy. Liz and Terry.

Posts under the name mercenary on t’other site.

i havent seen him round for a few weeks on the road hope hes ok liz have you got andys number or can you pass mine on to him as ive lost it

Get well Soon Andy

Get well soon Andy…

IIRC he’s on here as Dratsabasti.

Get well soon Andy.

BiggerBirdie:
IIRC he’s on here as Dratsabasti.

Get well soon Andy.

I think you’re right :cry:

( post edited under circumctances ) jd

Get well soon Andy.

Get well soon mate

Andrew Gormanly 4/2/55 - 10/1/09

It is with deep regret and sadness that I have to announce Andy died from his injuries around 2000hrs this evening.

His ex-wife and children are obviously very upset and have asked me to post this on their behalf.

My condolences to them all.

Terrible news

RIP andy

Very sad news, R.I.P Andy

God thats terrible news, RIP Andy

another good local lad gone rip andy

anything i can do dont be affraid to ask,

Sad news.

Whilst I never met Andy I can remember that he was instrumental in laying a wreath at the site in the North-East, where another driver, Derek Bailey, from Cornwall, was burned to death, and for which a local youth was later jailed. On the 1st anniversary of the occurrence, Andy, on behalf of TNUK, repeated the gesture. IIRC, he had a young son who accompanied him on these occasions and expressed a degree of pride in fulfilling this role.

If my memory serves me right, he also ventured (briefly) into the Driver Training field. Whereby his employer took on a Class C candidate who was trained ‘on the job’. We exchanged a number of PM’s on this subject and I supplied him with various training diagrams for use in his new venture.

Condolences to the one’s left behind.

R.I.P. Andy.

so we’ve lost a member :cry: :cry: :cry: Dratsabasti rip.

RIP BUDDY.

Deeply saddened by this tragic event.

Andrew had been a member on here since 2003 and his contributions to the community were varied, informative and helpful. he was also active on other forums and took a large role in the Professional Drivers Association. He will be missed

My condolences to his family and friends

RIP andy. Condolences to your family. :frowning:

Good grief, that’s awful. I was only talking to him at IKEA in Donny just before Xmas. A massive, massive loss to us all of a very good man.