Benifits

Hi all. Is anyone familiar with the signing on procedure… I was signing on in November, but got work in december coming up to christmas, so i signed of… I went this week to sign on for a new claim again and they informed me that im not entitled to i anymore… They said because i live with my girlfriend and she works full time that she should look after me… My girl is a waitress and obviously does not earn more than the minumum wage… Her wages wouldnt even pay our rent and council tax, and because im not signing on i cant get help with council tax… Surely i must be entitled to some help, crikey look how much tax and N,I we pay when were working and once i want helpthey tell me where to go…

Any advice is appreciated, im sure with the current climate there is people in my situation…

Ring the Citizens advice and get an appointment, or better still be there at 9am and join the queue, you will be seen. Either that or wait for Conor to explain why the DWP have knocked you off pay

try this,

entitledto.co.uk/

if your circumstances are the same as before just ask for a rapid reclaim.

if you have qualified previously for Contribution based JSA you should be able to claim again without a problem , unless you have exhausted the 26 weeks allowed. If you have claimed for 26 weeks then you need to claim under Income based JSA which does take account of income from partners etc which may stop you having any benefit.
If your claim was refused you should have received a letter stating why and giving details of how to appeal if you feel that the decision is wrong.

I would say that both you and your partner need to have a talk to an adviser as it seems that you may both be loosing out on many benefits.
Don’t forget to book an appointment with your local council as well as some benefits come from them

If they are lumping you together as a single unit, your other half will qualify for working tax credit.

The one thing you can be sure of is that they will never volunteer too much help for you to be able to claim all your entitlements. With respect to the posters on this forum this isn’t the best place to ask as you will get some wrong advice however well meaning. You can find a lot of info online these days of course. Have you thought of converting to Islam/turning gay/doing drugs? You will get all the help you need then,I think this is might be where you’ve gone wrong? Good luck heterosexual christian drug free citizen of good ole Britannia!

Let me see if I understand this…

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE UK BORDER ILLEGALLY; YOU GET A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENCE, SOCIAL INSURANCE CARD, WELFARE, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE, FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE, AND IN MANY INSTANCES YOU CAN EVEN VOTE.

This country stinks!! :imp:

I feel for you mate.

Hi its maybe a bit late but just seen your post my missus woks for the DWP and i think you been told wrong if you still got a problem making a claim pm me and she mite be able to help give you the rite advise if its any help. Hope you get it sorted mate

jayeastanglia:
if your circumstances are the same as before just ask for a rapid reclaim.

Rapid reclaim HA! I’m in the same boat as wizardofoz and after spending 2 days phoning up last week to reclaim, then having to wait in the dole for 1:45mins to see an advisor, then another hour with the advisor going through my claim form and taking photocopies of my wifes part-time job details, then 2 days later getting a letter through the door asking for more info and wageslips from my wifes job before they can process my claim. So where does the rapid come in to it. (P.S. all my circumstences were the same as when i signed off)

wizardofoz:
Hi all. Is anyone familiar with the signing on procedure… I was signing on in November, but got work in december coming up to christmas, so i signed of… I went this week to sign on for a new claim again and they informed me that im not entitled to i anymore… They said because i live with my girlfriend and she works full time that she should look after me… My girl is a waitress and obviously does not earn more than the minumum wage… Her wages wouldnt even pay our rent and council tax, and because im not signing on i cant get help with council tax… Surely i must be entitled to some help, crikey look how much tax and N,I we pay when were working and once i want helpthey tell me where to go…

Any advice is appreciated, im sure with the current climate there is people in my situation…

**ASSUMING YOU MADE SUFFICIENT NI CONTRIBUTIONS IN 2006-08 TO QUALIFY FOR CONTRIBUTIONS BASED…**If you have claimed Contributions Based JSA in the current tax year for 26 weeks, you are only entitled to Income Based. Income based takes into account your partners earnings so as she works fulltime, even on NMW, it exceeds the £90-odd you’d be entitled to as a couple so you’re not entitled to anything.

You can put in a claim for council tax and housing benefit. Also check out working tax credits.

Still sign on as you are credited with NI credits which will affect the level of State Pension you receive.

Thanks for the advice. Just of phone to them today again and they have said im defnitly not entitled to anything . They said the law states that 2 people living together should be able to survive on £195 a week which i think is the weekly wage on full time hours for the minimum wage… But it def does not seem right… But they say it is, I friggin slipped up anyway telling them i lived with girl, should of said i lived with a friend in a shared house… See what happens when your honest… Another scenario is, that my girl could leave her work, get her boss to say she was paid of, then we both be unemployed and get rent, council tax all paid for and get our dole, what we would get on benefits would be well mre than what she earns … Fnny how it works, The less you do the more you get in this country…

Mate, I feel for you. The only thing you ever get for free in this country is a smack in the mouth for trying.

Unless, of course, you have no right to be here in the first place…

There are still many benefits for those whose total income is considered a low wage especially where the outgoings are well above income so do not give up.
You both need advice as to what you are entitled to and how you go about it

Koop:
Let me see if I understand this…

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

Actually that sounds a better idea than being born in Britain 51 years ago. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

As mentioned previously, the CAB is the best way, they will complete the forms, make the phone calls and they do actually know what they are talking about.

Ive been on and off of benefits for nearly 4 years now due to me breaking my neck. had a complete nitemare with it all to be honest. somebody will tell you to claim something, you do it, then u get a knockback ffs. my surgeon has advised me not to work as i am having some probs with my left arm, ive had my scan last week, i claimed emplyment and support allowance, had to have a medicle by dwp and was told i am fit and well to return to work, even tho my surgeon had said no until we know everything is ok. Now can somebody explain the logic in any of it. i do think im now a minority in my own country thats y i cannot get help. become a muslim mate, start a hate group up and u will get everything. The country has gone to pot!!!

johnny boy:
Ive been on and off of benefits for nearly 4 years now due to me breaking my neck. had a complete nitemare with it all to be honest. somebody will tell you to claim something, you do it, then u get a knockback ffs. my surgeon has advised me not to work as i am having some probs with my left arm, ive had my scan last week, i claimed emplyment and support allowance, had to have a medicle by dwp and was told i am fit and well to return to work, even tho my surgeon had said no until we know everything is ok. Now can somebody explain the logic in any of it.

Same story bud. I mentioned CAB because I went through the same problem with DWP and am still on appeal. I was called to exam by ATOS healthcare and the scoring system is ridiculous. I got the full result and when I read it I applied to the 2012 Olympic committee for a Gold medal. According to ATOS I was so fit that there was no reason to be on ESA, it matters not that I cannot walk to the end of the hallway without painkillers or a walking stick, the question is, can you walk? can you bend enough to touch your knees? etc

Call working tax credit they may be able to help with money also try your local council just because you cant get job seekers that dont mean much tbh

as had been said sorry i dont have the number for tax credits now but it is in Preston