Belgian marques: Denonville

abc

Hey ERF, it must has worked till 1960 and be in the region Borinage as the card shows.
Never seen one, who is the owner of this one■■?
Have seen a pic of a tipper once, still in someone hands.
Bye Eric,

abc

Another ‘captured’ 8-tonner Denonville, thought to have a MAN engine, though ■■■■■■■ was also offered I think. Robert

Denonville_8t_Lkw_bei_WH.jpg

To be crisp…the Denonville Diesel showed in the garage of CDB had a “new” cab (by Heymans)
as the truck came back from the Wehrmacht with quite some damage…but be assured the
Wehrmacht vehicle shown IS the last existing Denonville Diesel of 1939!

Hey ERF, Looks like the chassis was longered too, the man,I think was very happy to see his lorry back after war.
Not much could say that after war, and in a time between '35 and '39 as there were a lot of trucks sold,
was it very hard to give it to the army or been stolen by the German army.
And after war" if" you found it in one of the afterwar materialparks set up by the Belgian government, you were not sure to get it back, because of the black market and money. Every time you came back to see your truck and try to
get it back, bits and parts we stolen.
My grandfather had one and put the wheels of, but the Germans were not so stupid as he was told to keep it ready
next time. Luckily the same came not back and they made a horsecard out of it till after war.
But between '44 and '48 that’s an other difficult story, happily the surplus came soon then.
Is it still in the hands of the Denonville’s■■?

Bye Eric,

Eric…old times, same problems to keep your belongings save, even when you don’t possess them…

Yes, the Denonville Diesel is located at Scania-Denonville in Couvin…when you visit that dealer,
you will certainly have the opportunity to see this heritage! Owner is Jean-Gilbert Denonville, the
grandson of Arthur Denonville, founder of SADENO and SOBELMA in Brussels. I will later scan more

Extractions of the book…with reference to Stevens-Ledeberg

ERF-Continental:
Extractions of the book…with reference to Stevens-Ledeberg

Bounced input…to be continued later

abc

abc

abc

abc

abc

abc

Some extractions out of the book on Stevens-Ledeberg, now composittrailer in Gent

Picture of Denonville-tractor with trailer and group-cabin

Picture of truck and trailer for fruit-merchant ELVEPE which stands for Leon Van Parijs from Antwerp.

Earlier a Minerva of ELVEPE was shown on the relevant thread/

Denonville-Y.jpg

Denonville-X.jpg

Good checking on the web Mr Holmes or Mr Watson! The company of Stevens is now Composittrailer
and the pictures came out their book on the overall history.

Have a good end of 2014 and a very nice start of 2015!!!

abc