Belgian marques: cab- and bodybuilders

Fair point Fernand! No doubt we keep this marque listed!!!

HeCa of Ramsel nowadays…a daughter-company of Frans Hendrickx of Wiekenvorst.

Difficult people to deal with and really a mixture of strange equipment despite Volvo-
loyalty but I feel pitty with the mechanics and planners with those different vehicles.

For what it’s worth I had an Austin Princess Vanden Plas at one time.

Jazzandy…the model and looks were top!

Atelier Tonnaer Maaseik (ATM) -Maaseik

Acomal - Mechelen (Hanswijkvaart)

Aluvan - Brugge
Van Muylder - Willebroek
Vrancken - ?

OVA in Ardooie.

ERF-Continental:
Thank you! Also MOL of Hooglede (who acquired Bus & Car) should be in the list.

Are you sure we don’t mix up with car-bodybuilders? I remember VandenPlas as
the luxury version of the Rover cars

I was already afraid that MOL wasn’t going to be on the list :stuck_out_tongue: Sarens used to have a few off them, don’t know if they still got them though.

Patrick

Patrick: I agree so much…with all respect to all previous inventors MOL showed guts and out of the box thinking
by numerous solutions in the broad field of transport in a technical format!

By the way, especially the companies of West-Flandres were innovative, aware of new techniques and the labour
involved to gain the results. Stas of Stasegem, Gheysen & Verpoort of Menen (Lauwe, I lived 3 miles from their
company) Atcomex of Gullegem) but also the many forwarders: Van Steenkiste, Vanneste, Vuylsteke, Maenhout
and many other who risked a lot but succeeded to maintain a deserved place in transport!

Geoffo:
OVA in Ardooie.

Without doubt OVA (Oscar Van Steenlandt Ardooie) should not be forgotten!

Strong in tippers and bulk-equipment

ERF-Continental:
Patrick: I agree so much…with all respect to all previous inventors MOL showed guts and out of the box thinking
by numerous solutions in the broad field of transport in a technical format!

By the way, especially the companies of West-Flandres were innovative, aware of new techniques and the labour
involved to gain the results. Stas of Stasegem, Gheysen & Verpoort of Menen (Lauwe, I lived 3 miles from their
company) Atcomex of Gullegem) but also the many forwarders: Van Steenkiste, Vanneste, Vuylsteke, Maenhout
and many other who risked a lot but succeeded to maintain a deserved place in transport!

I sometimes drive past the MOL factory coming or going to the french Steenvoorde border, there’s always something special in their yard. And if I’m not mistaken their are still some MOL tractors doing what they’re made for in the Rotterdam container area.

To lift up this thread, very much worth to give more attention, I input the attached Krupp from
Bosmans of Leuven (Louvain) but I have no clue on the cab-manufacturer.

hey ERF, some made their cabs by themself, even trailers,

Transport De Toekomst next to MOL,here a pic of them
Coddart Metals, later they had some Lancia’s
Ateliers Cafmeyer, very few just after war, until about 1950.
Here two pics,
Mack with sleeper from ■■?
Completely converted Diamond T 980 by MOL with 180hp Henschel too.

Eric,

For the Bosmans Krupp, could it be the typical body indentification plate of Van Hool at the bottom of the door ?

Herewith an update on the now close to 50 cab- and body-builders in Belgium!

Unknown if TTA (Truck and Tractor Appliances) from Merksem (Antwerpen) also manufactured
the cab on the MAN-tractor, but chassis and body-work of the trailer is TTA!!!

R.A.Y. (Yernault)-Brussel (Schaarbeek) should not be excluded in this listing

R.A.Y. a company of G. Yernault received a lot of compliments and interested customers during
the Brussels expo of 1935. Thorough engineered axle-configurations in relation to suspension/spring
and soon also a company in Leopoldville (name after King Leopold of Belgium) in Congo/Africa.

Since the foundation of the company their location was Avenue de Scheut 194 in the Anderlecht part
of Brussels and after WW2 Boulevard Maurice Herbette 33-35 (also in Anderlecht) was their home-base.

Condor -Borgerhout

Sapem - Haren (Brussels)

Lambert - Uccle

Dumont - Namur

Casteleyn - Oostende (AMB)

Gazelec - Brussels

An important correction: Gazelec is/was the electric-company in Belgium promoting the Sovel-
lorries (from France) for N.M.B.S/S.N.C.F (Belgian Railways) and B-colli used some of these.

The quality of the documentation is not that good but I scanned a 1930-leaflet on the Ford-conversions
also made on the continent, this time by T.T.A. (Truck and Tractor Appliances) from Merksem. 1930

T.T.A. was very known in and out the Antwerp-region for trailers and bodies