Being told"not allowed to stop en route"

Hi guys
Went into Amazon rugeley this afternoon got loaded then was told by work and the office bod at amazon "your not allowed to stop between rugeley and hemel Hempstead no matter what even for the loo or a ■■■ nothing ".
So even if I need the loo you have to hang on till I got to hemel hmmmm maybe its just me I know its prob a high value load but still seems a crap deal either way.

Jeff.

If the load is that high value they should consider a second driver/gunner?

Surley thats not right, you are the driver if you felt ill or tired and had an accident the first question asked would be “Why didnt you stop in a safe place?”

I did ask about what if I felt ill amazon said Cant stop only emergency reasons, they said its the same with all our depots no stopping no services or lay bys.
Asked the office bod wheres the smoking hut he said “staff only your not allowed your a driver” charming snotty ■■■■ .

& you’d actually listen to that…zb them, it’s my bladder & I’ll empty it when It needs emptying…

You’re driving the truck, you do what you want when you want.

All facilities should be available on site for everyone, its discrimination if you are refused and a breach of health and safety legislation.
Would they tell a prospective client they cant have a smoke or a ■■■■■ as they are not a member of staff :wink:

As I am on the ball so so speak, aint it a human right to evacuate ones urinary bladder from time to time :wink:

Daytrunker:
Hi guys
Went into Amazon rugeley this afternoon got loaded then was told by work and the office bod at amazon "your not allowed to stop between rugeley and hemel Hempstead no matter what even for the loo or a ■■■ nothing ".
So even if I need the loo you have to hang on till I got to hemel hmmmm maybe its just me I know its prob a high value load but still seems a crap deal either way.

Jeff.

i know of 1 guy who did stop with a high value load on when told not too, they had put a tracker in the load and was watching it, cost himself his job and the firm the work.

Excactly if you need the loo so be it you gotta go you gotta go holding it in can make you ill in the long run and no jobs worth that.
The lads who get amazon regularly where moaning about it last week first time I have done it work arent bothered as they get a decent bung off DHL for doing it for them.

I have been ‘told’ this by UPS on a night trunk…I was even encouraged to go over the 4.30 :unamused: Needless to say I didn`t and took a break, they were non too happy, but it is my licence and my call.

Ok…you’re 5 mins out of Rugeley and the fuel light comes on. Now, you and I and the fairy on the wall all know we’ve got 100km or so before we need to panic, but an agency who doesn’t know the truck?
If anybody anywhere told me I wasn’t allowed to stop I think I would stop…just to prove them wrong.

scotstrucker:
cost himself his job and the firm the work.

Sounds like he/she is better off without the job, doesn’t seem worth it…

scotstrucker:

Daytrunker:
Hi guys

Jeff.

i know of 1 guy who did stop with a high value load on when told not too, they had put a tracker in the load and was watching it, cost himself his job and the firm the work.

It’s all a bit over the top to be honest.
It’s not a nuclear warhead.
Last year i took a load to amazon Swansea and the customer told me not to stop because the load was “high value” and they wouldn’t tell me what it was, however I already knew as my guvnor told me the day before :slight_smile:
I hadn’t planned on stopping at all but as it turned out I left at 3am the next day and i had to stop twice otherwise I would have been down a ditch.
Companies like that arnt worth working for.

Just tell them the motorway matrix told me to stop every two hours :wink: but I stretched it out to 4 hours 15 minutes before I went into a caffeine reduced coma which when replenished set of the diuretic effect caffeine has so I had to stop a half hour later for a peepee at which point I found all the Christmas edition of Delia Smith’s cook books still untouched…so now sell the things… and stop thinking you can get then nicked and claim on the transport companies insurance :smiling_imp: :laughing: :laughing:

If you can’t go from Rugely to Hemel without needing the loo or to stop maybe it’s the wrong job for you. They’re hardly asking you to drive halfway round the world non stop are they…

switchlogic:
If you can’t go from Rugely to Hemel without needing the loo or to stop maybe it’s the wrong job for you. They’re hardly asking you to drive halfway round the world non stop are they…

On that note, I didnt do my geography :blush: :laughing:

GasGas:

As you have to stop to swap drivers and digi-cards, how would that solve the problem of not stopping en route?

switchlogic:

In the region of a hundred miles? Blimey. Luke I salute you if you can do that in a single hit. You obviously are a far greater trucking legend than some on here! :wink:

Seriously boys and girls, switch is right. I can tell my daughter to goto the loo before a journey and she can last out a few hours. My dogs can, and I can’t even explain to them we are going in the car.

Do any of you moaners ever drive 4 1/2 hours without a stop?

happysack:

switchlogic:

In the region of a hundred miles? Blimey. Luke I salute you if you can do that in a single hit. You obviously are a far greater trucking legend than some on here! :wink:

Seriously boys and girls, switch is right. I can tell my daughter to goto the loo before a journey and she can last out a few hours. My dogs can, and I can’t even explain to them we are going in the car.

Do any of you moaners ever drive 4 1/2 hours without a stop?

As has been mentioned on here before, there are drivers and there are drivers, some just like to moan, go home every night, do nothing and get paid £800 a week after tax.

Just get on with the job and be grateful you have one !!

Madguy :smiling_imp:

ThrustMaster:

GasGas:

As you have to stop to swap drivers and digi-cards, how would that solve the problem of not stopping en route?

Why would you need to stop? its a 2hr 15min run.