Being told"not allowed to stop en route"

Drift:
All facilities should be available on site for everyone, its discrimination if you are refused and a breach of health and safety legislation.
Would they tell a prospective client they cant have a smoke or a ■■■■■ as they are not a member of staff :wink:

As I am on the ball so so speak, aint it a human right to evacuate ones urinary bladder from time to time :wink:

I very much doubt they would deny the use of a toilet, but well within there rights to deny a driver access to a smoking area if its in an area that drivers arent allowed!

happysack:
Do any of you moaners ever drive 4 1/2 hours without a stop?

Yes I’ve done it loads of times but not because I’ve been told to by a company that treats drivers like gutter trash.

I’ve only been to Amazon Swansea so I don’t know what the other depots are like, and to be fair I haven’t been there for over a year, but unless things have changed, collecting loaded trailers from Amazon Swansea you’re expected to wait in a cold draughty room with not so much as a coffee machine, why the [zb] should anyone care about companies that treat you like they do :imp:

I bet you were carrying 30 tons worth of Playstation 4s and Xbox Ones…

tachograph:

happysack:

Yes I’ve done it loads of times but not because I’ve been told to by a company that treats drivers like gutter trash.

I’ve only been to Amazon Swansea so I don’t know what the other depots are like, and to be fair I haven’t been there for over a year, but unless things have changed, collecting loaded trailers from Amazon Swansea you’re expected to wait in a cold draughty room with not so much as a coffee machine, why the [zb] should anyone care about companies that treat you like they do :imp:

Didn’t have you down for a moaner, Tacho :laughing:

SwedishSteel:
I bet you were carrying 30 tons worth of Playstation 4s and Xbox Ones…

I prefer to not know what is in the containers I pick up, and never told whats on them, very rare to have a high value load on, but I have parked in a layby with 26 tonnes of bacardi on, I did have a go at the office for not hinting because I doubt I would have parked in the layby!
Yesterdays 40’ High cube was rammed with 42" flat screen tvs, but didnt know until the container was opened at delivery point.
I think its better not to know, then you dont worry about it.

madguy:

happysack:

switchlogic:
If you can’t go from Rugely to Hemel without needing the loo or to stop maybe it’s the wrong job for you. They’re hardly asking you to drive halfway round the world non stop are they…

In the region of a hundred miles? Blimey. Luke I salute you if you can do that in a single hit. You obviously are a far greater trucking legend than some on here! :wink:

Seriously boys and girls, switch is right. I can tell my daughter to goto the loo before a journey and she can last out a few hours. My dogs can, and I can’t even explain to them we are going in the car.

As has been mentioned on here before, there are drivers and there are drivers, some just like to moan, go home every night, do nothing and get paid £800 a week after tax.

I’d rather that than tramp about all over the place for the money some of the people on here quote that they earn!

weeto:

tachograph:

happysack:

Didn’t have you down for a moaner, Tacho :laughing:

Lol, I hope I’m not a moaner, I’ll put up with the cold and droughts, the [zb] and the general poor conditions, but not providing a coffee machine is going waaaaay too far :smiling_imp: :wink:

It’s not really about whether you can or can’t do Rugeley to Hemel without stopping, it’s the fact that they’re TELLING you that YOU MUST NOT STOP EN ROUTE. Ask them to put it in writing then see if they stand behind it.
ANC (pre FedEx) had the same rubbish printed on their depot maps many many years ago, they soon reprinted them when they realised their ‘rules’ could get them into serious trouble in the event of an accident.
Amazon are just another shower of ■■■■ that demand everything because they think they’re important and everybody else is inferior, the reality is they’re just another company selling the same old ■■■■ as everyone else.

ThrustMaster:

GasGas:
If the load is that high value they should consider a second driver/gunner?

As you have to stop to swap drivers and digi-cards, how would that solve the problem of not stopping en route?

I was being a bit tongue in cheek: hence my reference to gunner!

Changing drivers without stopping…regular practice on Australian road trains and Turkish long-distance coaches, apparently.

You can either engage cruise control or get cozy on the driver’s seat, I’m told.

I really don’t see the problem either, it’s what, 2 hours/2.5 hours?

So if you’ve been told you mustn’t stop (unless it’s an emergency), you make sure you go to the loo before you leave.

Simple??

Pimpdaddy:

scotstrucker:
cost himself his job and the firm the work.

Sounds like he/she is better off without the job, doesn’t seem worth it…

he wasnt botherd about losing the job but it was told later that another driver from another transport firm had been breaking the seal and going in the back helping himself too stuff then glueing the plastic seal back together.

I really don’t see the problem or how this is bad treatment. Its something lots of companies do. I used to do cigarettes from Nottingham to Dublin and we were asked not to stop until we hit Holyhead. And you know what I’m not a big fan of being parked up with a full load of ■■■■ on really so I used to do it non stop. Drivers making mountains out of molehills again. Try working in a call centre, where you have set times for toilets and any outside that you have to clock out and in so they can deduct your pay. In fact in lots of jobs you’d be expected to work without going for a pee every hour. A couple of hours isn’t hard.

Mountains out of molehills.

I’m setting up the TNUK MooM Committee. ‘You want me to do what boss? Pick up a loaded trailer and deliver it? No way, human rights wont allow it’

Rentadent:
It’s not really about whether you can or can’t do Rugeley to Hemel without stopping, it’s the fact that they’re TELLING you that YOU MUST NOT STOP EN ROUTE. Ask them to put it in writing then see if they stand behind it.
ANC (pre FedEx) had the same rubbish printed on their depot maps many many years ago, they soon reprinted them when they realised their ‘rules’ could get them into serious trouble in the event of an accident.
Amazon are just another shower of [zb] that demand everything because they think they’re important and everybody else is inferior, the reality is they’re just another company selling the same old [zb] as everyone else.

this^^

I`ll say when I eat/drink/smoke/■■■■ etc,

Supposing you are caught in a traffic jam and run out of hours. Well you have to stop by law. Don’t think VOSA would accept " Well Amazon told me i couldn’t stop. "

[/img]I had this problem once running down the tapline with no stoping,just pee in a bottle. :slight_smile:

I may have been on the road a couple of hours before picking up the load,add in load/tip time…and then the trip to mk,maybe a bit of traffic for good measure…and you`re looking at a good few hours.

I may not have eaten so far that day…so my first port of call WILL be breakfast

■■■■ em

switchlogic:
Try working in a call centre, where you have set times for toilets and any outside that you have to clock out and in so they can deduct your pay. In fact in lots of jobs you’d be expected to work without going for a pee every hour. A couple of hours isn’t hard.

Mountains out of molehills.

I’m setting up the TNUK MooM Committee. ‘You want me to do what boss? Pick up a loaded trailer and deliver it? No way, human rights wont allow it’

I have worked in a couple of call centres, no such thing happens, not where I worked anyway :wink:

commonrail:
I may have been on the road a couple of hours before picking up the load,add in load/tip time…and then the trip to mk,maybe a bit of traffic for good measure…and you`re looking at a good few hours.

I may not have eaten so far that day…so my first port of call WILL be breakfast

[zb] em

greeting baby faced boo hoo

Drift:
I have worked in a couple of call centres, no such thing happens, not where I worked anyway :wink:

even Toyota let you go to the toilet if you put your hand up :smiley:

SwedishSteel:
'…I bet you were carrying 30 tons worth of Playstation 4s and Xbox Ones…;

Crikey, that makes him one of Santa’s elves: How cool is that :exclamation: :sunglasses:

Respect :wink: