Being recovered,can you do this

say you do your max 15 hrs,you then wait for a truck and 2 drivers to recover you,2 nd driver drives you to your home, youve done 20 hrs by the time youve finished,is that legal.
i know its not if youre taken back to yard, but what if your taken home,im being told by other drivers it is,home o.k,work not.
ta

ady1:
say you do your max 15 hrs,you then wait for a truck and 2 drivers to recover you,2 nd driver drives you to your home, youve done 20 hrs by the time youve finished,is that legal.
i know its not if youre taken back to yard, but what if your taken home,im being told by other drivers it is,home o.k,work not.
ta

As the vehicle has been recovered the time travelling either home or back to base is “Other Work” or “POA”.

561/2006:
Article 9

1. Any time spent travelling to a location to take charge of a
    vehicle falling within the scope of this Regulation, or to return
    from that location, when the vehicle is neither at the driver’s
    home nor at the employer’s operational centre where the
    driver is normally based, shall not be counted as a rest or
    break unless the driver is on a ferry or train and has access to a
    bunk or couchette.

other work and make a print out with explanation on it. :sunglasses:

Sorry should have said “No” it’s not legal :wink:

ady1:
ta

why didnt you drop the trl for somebody elese to pick up an sleep in the cab

tachograph:

ady1:
ta

As the vehicle has been recovered the time travelling either home or back to base is “Other Work” or “POA”.

561/2006:
Article 9

1. Any time spent travelling to a location to take charge of a
    vehicle falling within the scope of this Regulation, or to return
    from that location, when the vehicle is neither at the driver’s
    home nor at the employer’s operational centre where the
    driver is normally based, shall not be counted as a rest or
    break unless the driver is on a ferry or train and has access to a
    bunk or couchette.

if travelling home is considered “other work” does that mean that if you get back to base on 15 hours you can’t go home because that would exceed your spreadover?? :confused:

welshboyinspain:
if travelling home is considered “other work” does that mean that if you get back to base on 15 hours you can’t go home because that would exceed your spreadover?? :confused:

Travelling home from anywhere that your employer has as an operating centre doesn’t count as other work.

Travelling home from anywhere else does count as other work.

So to answer your question you can still go home if you’re up to 15h when you arrive back at base.

Paul

welshboyinspain:

I do believe, suprise suprise, that travelling to and from a place of work is not covered by the regs as your own personal vehicle doesnt come under the tacho rules.

Therefore, theoretically, you could do:

Drive 4.5h to work
Work a 15 spread
Drive 4.5 home
Turn around when you get there
Drive 4.5 to work
Work another 15 spread
Drive 4.5 to work… etc

So if I am right, as long as you don’t exceed the EU tacho laws, the above is legal. :open_mouth:

EDIT: Sorry, Repton posted while I was keyboard bashing. :laughing:

205:

ady1:
ta

it was a hypothetical question :wink: ,it never really happened :wink: ,but hypothetically it could be your last sift of week [45 hrs in services not good], :wink: ,your birthday next day and girlfreind has treat for you :smiley: :wink: ,

ady1:

205:

ady1:
ta

it was a hypothetical question :wink: ,it never really happened :wink: ,but hypothetically it could be your last sift of week [45 hrs in services not good], :wink: ,your birthday next day and girlfreind has treat for you :smiley: :wink: ,

In that case leave the truck in the services, go home by whatever means you choose, taxi, public transport, girlfriend collects you, walk, cycle or any other way, enjoy your birthday treat :wink: and then return to the services to book back on after your weekly rest. That would be legal. You start and end your weekly rest in the same place and as you are free to dispose of the time as you wish you can go home. You must book back on at the place you started your rest though, you can’t book back on at the yard.

It sounds to me like you’re not going to get much rest when you get home either. :smiley: :unamused:

Coffeeholic:
You must book back on at the place you started your rest though, you can’t book back on at the yard.

now this brings another question mr coffee :smiley:
i regularly get to a town called huetor tajar about an hour north of malaga on a friday and catch the bus home for which the boss pays but as he has a summer residence in the town (spanish middle class :smiley: ) he drives it to malaga on sunday so i can start from malaga on the monday but this would seem wrong under your quoted rule??

welshboyinspain:

Coffeeholic:
You must book back on at the place you started your rest though, you can’t book back on at the yard.

now this brings another question mr coffee :smiley:
i regularly get to a town called huetor tajar about an hour north of malaga on a friday and catch the bus home for which the boss pays but as he has a summer residence in the town (spanish middle class :smiley: ) he drives it to malaga on sunday so i can start from malaga on the monday but this would seem wrong under your quoted rule??

I suppose the question here is when you travel home by bus do you have time to get home before you are legally obliged to start a daily/weekly rest period, in other words could the time spent travelling home be legally recorded as other work ?

If so then I don’t see why there would be a problem.

very rarely di get near a 15hr day in europe, what usually happens is if i’ve used my 10hr drives up and i can get to huetor tajar in 9 i park in the petrol station and jump on the bus which takes an hour to get home so if it was classed as other work would fit easily into my day i was just wondering about neil’s statement that you must book back on in the place you booked off. one of the good things though about the digitach is i book off as E AN and i book back on E AN so it looks ok

welshboyinspain:
very rarely di get near a 15hr day in europe, what usually happens is if i’ve used my 10hr drives up and i can get to huetor tajar in 9 i park in the petrol station and jump on the bus which takes an hour to get home so if it was classed as other work would fit easily into my day i was just wondering about neil’s statement that you must book back on in the place you booked off.

Only in the situiation where you are out of duty time and want to go home. In your case you just make a manual entry to cover the bus journey and begin your rest when you get home rather than where you parked the truck.

Or, in the real world you do as you are doing and book off in E AN and back on in E AN, which is after all the same place. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

To the original poster what the law says and whats really happens in hat situation are 2 completely different thing
If want sleep across the seats in a day then fine go ahead remember you could be given all the bad work

Welshboy you know aswell as I do that Spain works to it’s own regs I don’t think it would be a problem there

The answer i would say is no if say another driver is sent to drive your truck back to base and you then have to drive a company van or car to the base, also if you are being driven to the base it would still be classed as duty time so should be entered manually on the back of the chart, or on a print out (digi)

We had a similar prob, where as we would arrive at our local depot, but the vehicle (hgv) was parked up at a different depot some 4hrs+ drive away, the boss had a mini bus for this,or you would be given a company van to drive, once we got there we would start our shift, we should of legally been recording the time it took us from clocking on to jumping in the hgv,but the boss man didn’t want that so we in the event of being double manned would be on duty an extra 4 hrs that wasn’t counted on the tacho,