Behind the times ipod

so im quite embarrased about my lack of knowledge with modern technology,and im still astounded that this one slipped past me… :astonished: :astonished:
a couple of xmas ago,my wife bought me an ipod,said i could use it in my truck or whatever.at the time i thought it was a bit pointless as i had a radio in my truck,and so my kids sometimes use it,i never bother.
this week whilst getting my truck washed,i was talking to the owner about music(a big passion of mine),and he showed me his ipod in his car.it had a device clipped into the bottom,and meant he could play his ipod through his vehicle radio…DOH!.
one of my mates i have just found out,runs his through a digital radio stuck to his window like a satnav■■?.
now,as i still think the vic 20 is the must have computer,can anyone recommend the best system to use,best buys,and if they download FREE music from anywhere apart from limewire,basically anything you know and any tips please■■?.(ps i already have the ipod just need a thingy bob to play it through i think.). :confused: :confused:

Most new radios have a hole to plug an i-pod/mp3 in these days.I just get my songs of i-tunes and my c.d’s. :smiley:

how dp you pay for i tunes then?

Ipods or any MP3 players are amazing for music, used to find i’d make up a few cd’s and bore myself to tears with them after a week or so. With the 20gb ipod got so much music can listen to anything i want really, usually stick it on shuffle.

I got a load of my music off my cd collection, and some is downloaded.

Kenny1975:
Ipods or any MP3 players are amazing for music, used to find i’d make up a few cd’s and bore myself to tears with them after a week or so. With the 20gb ipod got so much music can listen to anything i want really, usually stick it on shuffle.

I got a load of my music off my cd collection, and some is downloaded.

thats exactly my feeling as well kenny,so the new system when i figure it out will be right up my street.

set up i-tunes account on pc normally pay with credit card about 79p a track i think. Ive got a belkin transmitter thingy. Plugs into ciggy lighter transmits to free frequency on radio and charges i-pod at same time.

I tried various FM Transmitters.

I don’t have an ipod. I don’t like being forced what and where to buy so got a Phillips.

But the guy in the shop confused me.

He told me I’d have to go to 8 pop concerts, I’d have to tear my cds up, or was it set them on fire, and to make sure everything was waterproof because to get the msic from my laptop to the M3-ip-PeaPod player, I’d need to put everything in the sink.

:open_mouth:

dambuster:
I tried various FM Transmitters.

I don’t have an ipod. I don’t like being forced what and where to buy so got a Phillips.

But the guy in the shop confused me.

He told me I’d have to go to 8 pop concerts, I’d have to tear my cds up, or was it set them on fire, and to make sure everything was waterproof because to get the msic from my laptop to the M3-ip-PeaPod player, I’d need to put everything in the sink.

:open_mouth:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you are joking…right? :confused: :laughing:

It’s dead easy - even for oldies like us bonny lad!

If it’s a ‘proper’ ipod, the instructions are in the box. How to connect to a computer, download ‘itunes’ (pay with a credit or debit card) how to pick & save the tunes you want & get them onto your ipod device! You can also download any of your cd’s to the ipod to!

If you have a modern radio/cd in your truck then it should have an aux port (little round hole like a headphones socket - 3.5mm jack plug) & you just need to buy a lead from ipod to radio, select aux playback and your away. Otherwise you need to buy a wifi type plug in for your ipod, which you tune your radio into and your away again!

Depending upon which ipod it is depends how many songs you can save to the memory. Mine is ‘just’ a 4gb but I find it big enough as I keep updating it every now & then. Mostly play it on shuffle when theres nowt on the radio that please me!

Oh and I wish I’d had 1 years ago - no tapes, 8 tracks or even clumsy cd’s - and I can use it under my helmet on a motorbike!

Stuff like cables and stuff ebay is your friend because big stores charge silly money.

When you upload your CDs, make sure the computers got internet connection, then it’ll find all the track names online and automatically list them :sunglasses: Have fun

Kenny1975:
Stuff like cables and stuff ebay is your friend because big stores charge silly money.

Ner, theres a shop here in The Galleries, Washington that sells all sorts of stuff at a reasonable rate for ipods & mp3 players as well as laptops & computers :smiley:

buck73:
how dp you pay for i tunes then?

You can pay for tunes on itunes thru paypal. The same system that you can use on ebay as well when paying by card.
Itunes also have a base of free downloadable podcasts on a everything and anything!

One of the best things i have bought since i started driving has been something called an i trip which allows me to play my i pod through the radio. You just plug it into the cig lighter and set the frequency to one that isnt used by a FM station, i normally use 88.1. I got mine off amazon, cant remember how much it was though.

removalboy:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: you are joking…right? :confused: :laughing:

Nah.

Cos i iz street.

Word.

The thing your mate has on his windscreen is a pure highway DAB radio I wrote about all my cab kit here its a passion of mine , you should see my windscreen.
http://www.roadtransport.com/blogs/transport-operators-blog/2009/05/whats-hot-and-whats-not.html

I also have links to the amazon site here on all the kit I have , to see the technical stuff click them .
http://www.lorryday.com/id1.html

My ipod plugs into the highway on most journeys , its great if you dont need to see where your going :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: any advice needed pm me , but bedtime now :slight_smile:

my son bought a nwe ipod so i nicked his old one its brill i have about 5000 tunes on it. i also got a roberts dab radio goes through a inverter and i have planet rock on all day best station going by far. i also plug my ipod into it so its pink floyd and the who all day :smiley:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/Linex-Wireless-FM … 286.c0.m14

i’ve got one of these…had a few transmitters i’ve bought in the UK over the past few years and they have all been rubbish…especially the Belkin one…this is just simple…its has about 6 different frequences,takes 3 AA batteries which last for ages and has a range of 40ft unlike the UK ones that are only allowed to transmit 8 ft or something stupid like that…just plugs in the laptop too,so you can play ur DVDs and have kinda surround sound through the truck speakers. :wink: :wink: :smiley:

have bought my Mrs one too and got 3 of my mates them,with no complaints…they dont look too fancy,in fact they look rubbish,but the sound quality is very good IMHO

I was just the same, a mate of mine beckoned me into his cab one night to show me his nano :open_mouth: Thought he was about to pass me the headphones over for a listen when he does a bit of jiggery pokery and I’m like “Wha…?!! Through the [zb] radio? You’re havin’ a laugh, right”. Needless to say, I was straight down the shops pretty sharpish.

I’ve stuck with what he was using, a Griffin Itrip.

Just one thing I take exception to. A COMMODE a must have compo? Everybody knows that Spectrum rules :sunglasses:

Saxon786:
Just one thing I take exception to. A COMMODE a must have compo? Everybody knows that Spectrum rules :sunglasses:

NO NO and thrice NO
The Commodore 64 is The must have computer :laughing: :laughing: