Been offered job but truck old e reg

been offered a job but truck is old e reg
just been nosey who would drive wagon that old

Ive driden a D reg fl, but only for a day and never again. It would depend on the state of it. But to be frank there are thousands of cheap relatively new trucks around, there really is no reason to be running something getting on for 20 years old.

Given a choice between that and the dole, yes. Given a choice between that and something better, no, unless the money was particularly good.

WHATis wrong with the wagon yes it is old but is still roadworthy and tax and tested,““YES”” right what type of wage is being offered this is for me the prority and not haveing a flash motor and low wages. what have you heard about the place which offered the job good or bad reports talk and listen to what they say about the firm if it is a good one and the wages match then take , I have pals here in germany who drive lorrys with over 1.5million KMs on the clock and they are happy with this as the job,&lorry plus the WAGES are okay,TAKE a look at the brillant ERFs from ERIC VICK and these are not all the latest models either,

If it’s the right job and the money is right then unless it’s completely knackered then I’ll drive just about anything.

Paul

no probs at all, if the motor is all above board id drive it…that is as long as the job is a good one, the motor (to me ) is allways secondry to the oversall job. i could care less if it was the lates whatever swedeish motor, this or that, if the jobs a race n tear for pennies i wouldnt do it.

works about 20-22 grand a year class2

Take it.

The age of the motor should be of little importance, I’ve seen old motors that are really looked after a tidy and I’ve seen a motor a month old that I would dream of doing a night out in because the regular driver is a slob.
What I’d consider is the motor tidy for it’s age and do they take running legal seriously? Is the money good for the area and is it a nice steady job?

For what hours / shifts?

For what type of work?

TruckNet becoming Snobnet ?

stvme2519:

I think the average round here for class 2 is about £17-18,000pa not including nights out.

As long as its roadworthy and taxed and tested and in decent nick then I’d say go for it. I dont know where you are but that wage sounds better than some for class2. My motor’s a “W” reg, and to most that is old by todays standards, but after spending a few hours giving it some tlc its looks as good as any motor on the road.

but wotever you decide, good luck mate.

Jase

if you dont take it pm the details and if its near enough i’ll have it :wink: not many jobs around in january beggers cant be choosers and all that.

go for it what you got to lose

jon

stvme2519:

well if it bothers you that much you can use the difference in a years wages to buy yourself a newer one. :laughing:

Totally depends on the maintenance and the way it’s been treated. Bus companies run vehicles for decades, and then there’s the routemaster, 1/2 a century!! No reason why you couldnt do the same with a truck or even a modern car.

As someone’s said you could have a 2 month old one in a worse state than a 20 year old one.
The T reg VW LT i drove when i started on Tesco.com had 170k on the clock when it was defleeted at 5 years, but was in better cosmetic condition and drove far better than some 6 month old ones with 20k.

dont laugh now people ive just started my job so as per usual last in gets the shed at the moment i drive a s-reg 7.5t volvo flc thats showing just over 700000 miles on the clock but i believe its been round once it goes like a snail but at the end of the week when im getting paid im happy still on the brighter side its going in the next month or two and im getting a new one hopefully going for my class 2 soon aswell so yet another new one due when i pass :smiley:

current motor 51 plate with 1/2 million k on it,but it stops :smiley: ,starts ,turn corners, and keeps me warm in current ice age.
ask the same question to a fairground owner and he says, hand me the keys thats the newest on the fleet. :slight_smile:

stvme2519:

I drive an 04 reg and earn less than two thirds of that.

I’d take it.

muckles:

stvme2519:

I think the average round here for class 2 is about £17-18,000pa not including nights out.

:cry:

Andyroo:

muckles:

stvme2519:

:cry:

average around here is about £15,000pa. does that make you feel better. :laughing:
and it’s probally why you don’t see any Polish drivers in Norfolk, :smiley: We’ll be hearing of Polish drivers complaining about these Norfolk drivers coming over and working for naff all money and not being able to speak the langauge, mind you some of us don’t really speak English either. :laughing:

mmmh, can you take the motor to tesco/asda and get your shopping for NOTHING !!! eeerh i dont think so, so if it was a brand new shinny truck could you go to tesco/asda etc again… NO… age of a truck is the last thing well if you have any sence that is, MONEY…MONEY…MONEY…MONEY and then a truck… it will still do the same job, but thats just me i guess its all to do with £££££££, daz