Been offered job but truck old e reg

stvme2519:
been offered a job but truck is old e reg
just been nosey who would drive wagon that old

Work is work and money is money, take it and earn what you can when you can…you never know when the work will dissapear and the money will dry up!!! (been there, done that :cry: )

And if its to get experience then definatly take it…firstly it will put hours under your belt and secondly, it should put you in a favourable light with any future employer who finds out what you have been prepared to drive (and prepared to do) to earn money and gain experience!

globby 480:
mmmh, can you take the motor to tesco/asda and get your shopping for NOTHING !!! eeerh i dont think so, so if it was a brand new shinny truck could you go to tesco/asda etc again… NO… age of a truck is the last thing well if you have any sence that is, MONEY…MONEY…MONEY…MONEY and then a truck… it will still do the same job, but thats just me i guess its all to do with £££££££, daz

sorry daz i dont understand i thought you worked at knowles’s have you changed job’s.

Is it beneath you to drive an old lorry■■? Can you only drive new ones■■?
As long as it is roadworthy and earns you a reasonable living, does it matter how old the vehicle is?

whats wrong with driving a 1967 wagon then?

biggusdickusgb:
whats wrong with driving a 1967 wagon then?

Nothing…in 1967, the world has moved on I’m pleased to say. :smiley:

correct cm, just an old guy making a point, the old E reg is 67, i had one when i first passed in 78, and it was old then.

biggusdickusgb:
correct cm, just an old guy making a point, the old E reg is 67, i had one when i first passed in 78, and it was old then.

yes, true steve! in 80 when i started there was plenty of 60’s motors for young pups as i to get into the job in! :sunglasses:

the thing is, if you look at the changes in motors, a 60’s lorry in the late 70’s was a cruder beast compared with an 88 lorry in the 00’s, if you see what i mean.

totally agree with you mal, i was just being pedantic, to me an old E is 67

yer i still there jd, but money to good to leave mate 36.5k last year with no nights out home every day?? eeerrrh like i say money first then motor jd, its a good paying job there :wink:

id drive this for 36 grand

I wouldn’t your legs would soon get tired, i’d atleast want an engine :laughing: