Been offered a change of working week

I was asked today if I wanted to work Sunday to Thursdays instead of mon to fri due to a regular Sunday run that needs doing
Sunday will still be double bubble on any hours worked
I’m single so no young family
What your thoughts ■■

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don’t like working Sundays, I wish the shops were closed to, it just doesn’t feel right going shopping on a Sunday, I remember years ago, me and dad would walk through Birmingham City centre on a Sunday, everything was closed and quiet, I’m never going to see that again now.
I have church organist commitments on a Sunday, so it’s a non starter for me, I just think it’s nice to have one day a week for families to be together, or if you don’t have a family, meeting up with friends, wish they would ban lorries off the road on Sundays, don’t they do that in France…

Will the Sunday run be at a quiet time, or mixing it with weekend/holiday traffic going home? Will any early Sunday starts interfere with your Saturday evenings?
Extra pay has gotta be good.
I would certainly give it serious consideration.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Sploom:
I don’t like working Sundays, I wish the shops were closed to, it just doesn’t feel right going shopping on a Sunday, I remember years ago, me and dad would walk through Birmingham City centre on a Sunday, everything was closed and quiet, I’m never going to see that again now.
I have church organist commitments on a Sunday, so it’s a non starter for me, I just think it’s nice to have one day a week for families to be together, or if you don’t have a family, meeting up with friends, wish they would ban lorries off the road on Sundays, don’t they do that in France…

Sunday truck restrictions in France, Germany, Italy, Swiss, at least.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Depend if like me young and single I can spend the whole of Saturday in the pub with my mates that work Mon-Fri so when I have to work Sunday’s I can’t party as much.

If Sundays don’t matter to you crack on and take the extra wage and have Fri-Sat off, whats the likelihood though that soon enough they will have you working every other Friday?

A whole day in the pub, that sounds good, I could do that when I was single, those were the days!

I worked Sunday to Thursday for a few years and thought it was great. There is a lot less traffic around at the weekend (although there are the dreaded weekend drivers) and the bosses are doing whatever bosses do on their days off.

I am not big on clubbing or boozing and don’t go to church, so getting six days pay for five days work seemed like a no-brainer.

Sploom:

In an ideal world I would like to have Sunday as a set day off for everyone, apart from emergency and essential services (who should be adequately compensated for their trouble). Sunday ban for HGV’s comes up a lot with the truck-hating lot, but I couldn’t see it working here - too much of a 24/7 want it yesterday culture. When I was last in France, the culture towards Sundays was much different. Most of the shops were closed on a Sunday, bakeries/cake shops seemed to be one exception - one large hypermarket was open, but only for a few hours - rapidly reducing all of it’s prices on fresh goods ready to close at lunchtime. It’s some years since I’ve been, but I’ve read more recently than many French still see Sunday as a day of rest.

Rip their arm off.

Sundays are a lovely day for travelling, lack of lorries see.
Fridays are a nightmare once past midday.

5 days work for 6 days pay, cos double time Sunday.

A winner no matter how you look at it.

I’d take it. Less hassle on a Sunday and more money. With no comittments why not grab the cash while you can…

Just to add the run is to a factory and not shop work
And yes I won’t miss the Friday A34 southbound traffic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another thing to consider is that you get a weekday off when you can get the chance to get some admin done without needing to book it off in advance.

Winner all round, assist from missing church obviously :smiley:

Do like my weekends off when I get them but when I am working a Sunday I feel so much more relaxed. Very few trucks on the roads, traffic tends to be better and being Didcot based and doing a fair amount of south coast, the 34 is actually bearable.

Push them for overtime rate on Fridays, sooner or later you`ll be running in, or working on a Friday.

I do Sunday-Wednesday myself, i can tell you sundays is a lovely drive, a lot less people on the roads, none of the usual rush hour traffic so no need to plan routes to avoid it.

It’s also wonderful having weekdays off now as you can book appointments without having a day off.

I’d say its a no-brainer, 6 days wages for 5 days work, plus foot down friday is always the worst day to work.

Work Sat to Wed, Sat Sun rate paid, plus Sat rate if i work Thurs or Fri. lot less traffic, but i start at 11am weekends so done about 11pm.

Enjoy my days off as less people about when i go out in day, ie cinema, shopping etc
Also with Xmas day falling on Fri next year an extra days holiday :smiley:

pig pen:
Push them for overtime rate on Fridays, sooner or later you`ll be running in, or working on a Friday.

Any thing after 48h is time and half so yes. I’ll be doing odd fri

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was me,I would take it get paid more to enjoy quieter roads and as it’s getting warmer more scantily dressed crumpet out and about.
Just think how good a beer on a Thursday night will be knowing no more fridays in the madhouse.

blue estate:
I was asked today if I wanted to work Sunday to Thursdays instead of mon to fri due to a regular Sunday run that needs doing
Sunday will still be double bubble on any hours worked
I’m single so no young family
What your thoughts ■■

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi blue estate,
I would go for it.
I’ve been working Sunday to Thursday for about 10/11 years now and it was the best shift change I ever did.
Benefits of working Sunday to Thursday are, less traffic to deal with on Sunday’s and not starting at stupid o’clock.
Fridays is overtime if you want a little extra cash from time to time.
No more running in on a Saturday morning and the best bit is not having to have days off for appointments as you always arrange appointments on fridays.
Hope this helps.

Sent using smoke signals

Your first thought was double bubble for Sunday so no doubt you will do it if you don’t have a life