Been offered a change of working week

I do Wed to Sat now, 4 on 3 off,.
Love the long weekends, my Sunday is now my Saturday if you get my drift, luckily I’ve a good mate who does a similar shift pattern, also a driver, so Sunday football in the pub with him, followed by 2 days with my lovely Mrs :sunglasses:
What’s not to like. :sunglasses:

I have done Sunday - Thursday don’t mind it as my weekend was Friday & Saturday so shop quieter for food shopping Friday or if needed any appointments then could make them fro Friday easy no taking time off or trying to get back

If I had to I’d much rather do Tuesday to Saturday as there’s something satisfying about having a lay in on a Monday and I hate working Sundays although as a supermarket driver I have to do some, trouble is working Sundays can interfere with your Saturday night out.

bald bloke:
If I had to I’d much rather do Tuesday to Saturday as there’s something satisfying about having a lay in on a Monday and I hate working Sundays although as a supermarket driver I have to do some, trouble is working Sundays can interfere with your Saturday night out.

Doesn’t matter to me as I don’t drink and rarely eat out because I suffer from coeliac
Plus Sunday is still being paid at double bubble [emoji6][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

bald bloke:

Doesn’t matter to me as I don’t drink and rarely eat out because I suffer from coeliac
Plus Sunday is still being paid at double bubble [emoji6][emoji16]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If that’s the case then it’s a no brainer.

bald bloke:

Used to be my shift when I worked for Somerfield, and was a win win for me, because I started at 02.00, and always got the prime run on a Saturday because I was usually the only staff driver in, as opposed to all agency, and I was usually done by midday.

Beauty of it was, no bank holiday working for me personally, whereas others had to do it, but normal Monday working at overtime rate was a must, when I felt like it. (Usually every other, and minimum 12 hours was the way.)

One of my line managers at the time, tried for ages to get me on Monday to Friday, but when I pointed out why I wouldn’t, (See above.) he saw my point. :laughing:

How times and personal circumstances change though, because I am now a committed Monday to Friday man, and value my time off at weekends with the wife.

Ken.

When I started at where I work I was initially offered one of two shift option; Sun- Thu or Tue- Sat. As our overtime doesn’t kick in until after 40 hours the thought of working a Sunday for flat rate horrified me. Yeah I know that it’s illogical as it evens out at the end of the week, but still the thought was there.

Juddian:
Rip their arm off.

Sundays are a lovely day for travelling, lack of lorries see.
Fridays are a nightmare once past midday.

5 days work for 6 days pay, cos double time Sunday.

A winner no matter how you look at it.

Wot he sed. ^^^ Sundays - are my core shift. I don’t like working Fridays & Saturdays, and I’m not even Jewish. :stuck_out_tongue:
(I’m getting on agency for four shifts including sundays now - what I used to get for 5 shifts @ Brakes last year when I was there, so “no complaints”)

Well I’ve got to work as I don’t want to wake the house hold up at 4:30am on a Sunday [emoji23][emoji23]
Looked at my paper work and I’ve got a nice 2 day run of
Wales for 10am and back drop and swap for 6am Monday Lutterworth then 12miles up the road pick up Portsmouth
I can earn 3/4 weeks wages in 2days [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally tomorrow I start this new working week , even though customer hasn’t fully confirmed it as permeant we’ve done the run for the last 6 weeks and shows no signs of stopping

Well after a 7 month break for COVID I restart doing Sunday to Thursdays tomorrow and can’t wait ! No more foot down Fridays more like feet up [emoji16]
Also could be doing same run every day ( but talks high up still on going )
Also Mondays tip time has been moved to 8 guaranteed night out and the added no office bids in on a Sunday [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my truck

blue estate:
Well after a 7 month break for COVID I restart doing Sunday to Thursdays tomorrow and can’t wait ! No more foot down Fridays more like feet up [emoji16]
Also could be doing same run every day ( but talks high up still on going )
Also Mondays tip time has been moved to 8 guaranteed night out and the added no office bids in on a Sunday [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my truck

Alright if you want to be bored out of your skull

Hi.Sunday to thursday ive been working that for years its my preferred shift pattern while i do not have family commitments it suits me fine also i dont have to drive through the madness of friday afternoon traffic
i find friday mornings are a good time to do domesstic catching up with less people around in the shops ( hate saturday mornings in the supermarket ) and just as easily go out on friday night with mates etc although listening to the Radio is crap till sounds of the seventies comes on at 3pm

I do Sun- Thursday

Prefer it …

Sunday is a ■■■■ day for anything else, might As Well get paid

Notimetoulouse:
Hi.Sunday to thursday ive been working that for years its my preferred shift pattern while i do not have family commitments it suits me fine also i dont have to drive through the madness of friday afternoon traffic
i find friday mornings are a good time to do domesstic catching up with less people around in the shops ( hate saturday mornings in the supermarket ) and just as easily go out on friday night with mates etc although listening to the Radio is crap till sounds of the seventies comes on at 3pm

Funny thing about the radio [emoji6] that’s what I listen to as well on Sunday

Sent from my truck