Been Made Redundant Cant Find Work :-(

Hello i have over 35 years experiance as a HGV Class 1 long distance lorry driver . Recently the company that i have worked for over 5years with has due to the economic climate reduced staffing numbers and therefore i have been made redundant.Feel like my whole world has come crashing down as i loved my job so much :confused: To top it all i now have a fight on my hands to get what im owed regarding redundancy pay but hey ho n all that :neutral_face:

I have a clean driving licence and no convictions. My health is excellent and i have had a recent medical. I also have a digital tachograph .

I have experience in driving different types of vehicles which include curtain siders, flatbeds, refrigerators, and containers local and long distant in the UK.

I have bills to pay and still have lots of work left in me therefore looking for work in the West Midlands if anyone knows of any .

My emails is :

tony_ranford@yahoo.co.uk

Thankyou :slight_smile:

Would make sense if we know which area you come from, and if nights out and weekend work, shift, trolley-dolly work etc. is considered :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

west midlands fran? :unamused: :laughing:

Sorry should of said im from Walsall , West Midlands and therefore looking for a base of upto 10-15miles from there. Im able to do any shifts including nights out & weekends long distance etc

Looking for containers , curtainsiders and refrigeration :slight_smile:

Many thanks

Tony

Try driven recruitment in birmingham, andy and gaz are good lads, they supply dhl on the land rover contract at hams hall and solihull. Its agency but may tide you over if theres any slots going.

Not sure now but Poundland were looking for trunk drivers before Christmas out of the Springvale depot.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I hope you find something soon :wink:

Silver_Surfer:
Try driven recruitment in birmingham, andy and gaz are good lads, they supply dhl on the land rover contract at hams hall and solihull. Its agency but may tide you over if theres any slots going.

Cheers for that mate will try in the morning :smiley:

hi,farmfoods from down that way were before xmas to ,hope this helps :smiley:

hothow44:
hi,farmfoods from down that way were before xmas to ,hope this helps :smiley:

Will send my cv to them many thanks for that :smiley:

brados:
Not sure now but Poundland were looking for trunk drivers before Christmas out of the Springvale depot.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, I hope you find something soon :wink:

Thanks for that will contact them tommorow :slight_smile:

Wiseman’s in Willenhall might be worth a call to and maybe Haywards, you never know.

warton freight northern brownhills not brill but do take on

Just another thought, Yodel is now in Willenhall as well, on the old City Link site opp Tesco.

brados:
Wiseman’s in Willenhall might be worth a call to and maybe Haywards, you never know.

Thanks for that :smiley:

topmixer11:
warton freight northern brownhills not brill but do take on

Many thanks :smiley:

brados:
Just another thought, Yodel is now in Willenhall as well, on the old City Link site opp Tesco.

Tried them got nowt but thanks for the suggestion mate :smiley:

Don’t forget Blakemores :slight_smile:

brados:
Don’t forget Blakemores :slight_smile:

Tried them nothing but will keep my details etc , thanks for the suggestion starting to feel a bit better now have new leads to chase :smiley: just knocked me for six , no warnings just told on Friday thats it no job …

Hard I know but something will soon turn up I am sure.

Hope something turns up for you