Bedfordshire hauliers past & current

Kempston:

No idea if Summerfields are still going?

Came across these two photos yesterday, no idea where I saw them now, somewhere online, would appear they may still be in business.

Thanks for the reply on HA Boyse… Mick Bonham still works at HA’s. I remember as a kid in the 70’s a 4 wheel ERF that was covered all over in stickers and flags! I’m sure it was Summerfield!

Few of HA Boyse who are still going strong. The F10 at the top was the first new Volvo they had. It felt like heaven after the 250 ■■■■■■■ Day cab! BBM was written off by the fitter! The Diesel Tank is still in the yard, had a crease in it as a Fiat Strada hit it!
Bedford TK Loaded was my Brothers Truck CJO that was originally a Dawson Rentals Truck. The step up belonged to LW Vass of Ampthill, the yard is at the bottom of Station Road and was Shared with Build Form and a firm that used the old building for Hide stripping… nice smell in the summer!

01461EBC-3E2F-4057-BC7C-82ABC81E8D8F.jpg

Don’t know if anyone remembers Knights European Foods? Not strictly Bedfordshire but only just outside Bedford in Olney, my old next door neighbour worked for them 30+ years ago. Not around anymore.

2AA7C764-9412-4C73-A21E-C4F007AB5EEF.jpeg

Hemelite Foden from 1966.

Press photo.

DEANB:
Hemelite Foden from 1966.

Press photo.

Great looking Foden Dean :slight_smile:

A few photos of Woodcock transport from Ampthill, I worked with Brian Woodcock at W.H.Allen before he was made redundant, he started driving for his brother but was seriously injured when he was hit on the hard shoulder by a passing vehicle. Nmp.

67FBB9F4-1F8D-4684-836C-F9352DA45D5F.jpeg

BFA4D029-B00C-4B7F-8F97-4742B7AC2FF2.jpeg

Kempston:
Don’t know if anyone remembers Knights European Foods? Not strictly Bedfordshire but only just outside Bedford in Olney, my old next door neighbour worked for them 30+ years ago. Not around anymore.

They originally set up in Water Lane Sherington, near Sherington Haulage and CJ Haynes (Still going strong). My Brother worked for them after school and used to bring home so much Pate & Ham it was crazy!

Kempston:
A few photos of Woodcock transport from Ampthill, I worked with Brian Woodcock at W.H.Allen before he was made redundant, he started driving for his brother but was seriously injured when he was hit on the hard shoulder by a passing vehicle. Nmp.

Good pics Kempston. :wink:

As soon as i read Ampthill i remembered good old L.W.Vass who i dealt with a few times and found them very helpful.

I wonder if they are still going ■■

DEANB:
“Kempston” Heres a clipping of Redland bricks Volvo’s from Milton Keynes. :wink:

London brick and Redlands were a pain with those silly cranes , only unloaded on the road , not onsite and blocked the site roads while unloading . We used to get ■■■■■■ off waiting too get where the bricks were needed , if we got there first we made sure to leave some packs where they most inconvenience them , cue hissy fits and tantrums . They seemed to think the world revolved around them .

BBM330Y:

Kempston:

They originally set up in Water Lane Sherington, near Sherington Haulage and CJ Haynes (Still going strong). My Brother worked for them after school and used to bring home so much Pate & Ham it was crazy!

Funny you mentioned Haynes, I had one of their old scanias come towards me yesterday, old but still in good nick.

DEANB:

Kempston:

As soon as i read Ampthill i remembered good old L.W.Vass who i dealt with a few times and found them very helpful.

Still going as far as I know Dean, real old fashioned company, I used to go in there for shanks and got to know them well, looked after me really well :wink: I knew someone who drove for them going round military bases collecting unused spares and tyres, I could tell you something about that but it would probably cause a lot of trouble :wink:

Couple of photos here Dean.

E5D46CF5-F4C1-4503-951C-11ED5DA8E892.jpeg

Kempston:
“DEANB” “Kempston” A few photos of Woodcock transport from Ampthill, I worked with Brian Woodcock at W.H.Allen before he was made redundant, he started driving for his brother but was seriously injured when he was hit on the hard shoulder by a passing vehicle. Nmp.

Still going as far as I know Dean, real old fashioned company, I used to go in there for shanks and got to know them well, looked after me really well :wink: I knew someone who drove for them going round military bases collecting unused spares and tyres, I could tell you something about that but it would probably cause a lot of trouble :wink:

I agree “Kempston” they were a good company to deal with. Great pic of there Thornycroft wrecker ! :wink:

Kempston:

BBM330Y:

Kempston:

Funny you mentioned Haynes, I had one of their old scanias come towards me yesterday, old but still in good nick.

Both My Brothers Worked for Charlie Haynes. Have known the family all my life as from the village. Happy times as a kid helping wash the trucks. :smiley:

BBM330Y:

Kempston:

BBM330Y:

Kempston:

Both My Brothers Worked for Charlie Haynes. Have known the family all my life as from the village. Happy times as a kid helping wash the trucks. :smiley:

I see them frequently around Bedford as they load out of Charles Wells brewery or whatever they call themselves now.

Frederick Ray mighty Bedford from 1974.

DEANB:
Frederick Ray mighty Bedford from 1974.

Those Detroit engines made them sound anything but a Bedford. I would guess Rays used Bedford’s a lot as they did a lot of work for Vauxhall in Luton.

Few of NMT crane hire and Haulage who bought out Wildmans transport and for some reason closed it down.

52C48ACE-EAE4-4AED-8F89-C6909309DA21.jpeg

D1E9A1C4-FD02-4655-858B-54BD0C95172E.jpeg

ACF47A46-9D36-4ED0-A0E7-B99B7FA38DCC.jpeg

E043AB2B-58B2-4099-92BA-FBC7C53E6241.jpeg

FB01D8F9-5B51-4971-8DD4-C03F80473907.jpeg

Few more NMT

0A0833C9-1C40-4C7E-9E68-6D5D0A5DEF39.jpeg

414440C1-C0D2-4085-8740-AD3A6B4A413C.jpeg

Hi All, I’m wondering if anyone can help me. I’m looking for some photos of Universal Salvage trucks. They were based in beds and later on became Copart. If anyone has any i’ll be very grateful!