Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

Froggy55:
Clever!

I think that the special door on the nearside was for the sake of the drivers mate/young lad to
be in and out of the cab quickly dropping bundles of newspapers to the shops. Also it would
speed up the multiple deliveries because the driver never had to move off his seat. Ray.

Came across this Bedford in New Zealand

miketdt:

I read that there was a company building these dwellings, on “past their use by date” trucks, as a means to by-pass building regulations. Being on wheels exempted them from normal building codes and presented a marketing niche.

Star down under.:

miketdt:

I read that there was a company building these dwellings, on “past their use by date” trucks, as a means to by-pass building regulations. Being on wheels exempted them from normal building codes and presented a marketing niche.

As a little kid I loved sitting in the lorries “driving”, so this dwelling has a built-in play area away from the parents!

Isn’t this one, unboarding a ferry on river Nile in Sudan in September 2022 a Bedford? Looks in very good condition.

Argentina.

ECDC8118-8008-4A5A-A053-F565FD2CAD9D.jpeg

Done a few miles in a Bedford KM, even around the Rockies on a few days RnR when exercising in Canada, stopped for a well needed ‘P’ break one day and the lads in the back got the fright of their lives when a Black Bear peered over the tailgate hoping for a bit of grub, never heard grown men scream so much and all crowded around the headboard! :stuck_out_tongue: Franky.

A93C6794-2405-4D53-A978-DA77DD444B68.jpeg

Just finally finished making this KM for the bloke that used to drive the real one-trailer is scratch built

Bedford Blitz TM.jpg

Spotted this on a French forum. It seems to show that Bedford trucks were sold badged Opel in Germany. Any more information about that?

Snapped at Kirkby Stephen.
Oily

Not too spritely I’d imagine

Plenty of these in Portugal,and still very popular.

I went trucking with a driver called Tony who lived with his wife across the road from us. On school holidays. That was a Bedford TK.

Then about ten years later I trained on the TK for my Class 3 in the Army

I loved the noise the whistling brakes made when you released the footbrake, classic.

Nice motors.

It took until 2022 to get my Class 1. Strange what life throws your way.

Swiss mobile bookstore on TK.

Dave Sancroft pic

From my home town of Nottingham

andrew.s:

Star down under.:
The triangular badge, in the lower left corner of the grill, says “By Isuzu”.

I know it’s an Isuzu not a Hino,but I had to drive a Hino 700(?) series for nine months-without a doubt the worst piece of [zb] I’ve ever driven.
I would happily drive a KM every day for a living even now,over that [zb] of a thing.
The KM would be more comfortable that’s for sure.

Do you have experience with Hino 500 series, the one mentioned here https://lorryhub.lk/hino-500-series/. Our Company is going to purchase one and I want to know if it is worth the investment.

john5654:

andrew.s:

Star down under.:
The triangular badge, in the lower left corner of the grill, says “By Isuzu”.

I know it’s an Isuzu not a Hino,but I had to drive a Hino 700(?) series for nine months-without a doubt the worst piece of [zb] I’ve ever driven.
I would happily drive a KM every day for a living even now,over that [zb] of a thing.
The KM would be more comfortable that’s for sure.

Do you have experience with Hino 500 series, the one mentioned here https://lorryhub.lk/hino-500-series/. Our Company is going to purchase one and I want to know if it is worth the investment.

The one I drove was a 700 series-8 wheeler.it looks like the same cab -not a nice place to be at all.