Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

How work practices and ethics have changed.

youtu.be/ztHWW7xYVWE

These two trucks are powered with the same 340 bhp two-stroke GM 8V 71. Bedford TM and Willème-PRP, of Transports Wauthier.

Going back to page before there must have been some sort of tie up between Bedford and Isuzu as a few years back I had a Vauxhall Monterey but everything on it was Isuzu. Good motor also had 2 Isuzu troopers which were exactly the same. Gerbil

Going back to page before there must have been some sort of tie up between Bedford and Isuzu as a few years back I had a Vauxhall Monterey but everything on it was Isuzu. Good motor also had 2 Isuzu troopers which were exactly the same. Gerbil

gerbil sb152:

The connection was General Motors. They owned a big stake in the company. They still have a financial link today.

GM bought a stake in Isuzu. When the first Isuzu trucks came to Australia, they were prominently badged as Bedford, with a small, discreet badge, By Isuzu.
The T platform cars were Isuzu sourced and sold worldwide, under local names, Holden in Australia, Pontiac in North America, Vauxhall in the UK and Opel in continental Europe.

Bedford in Holland

gerbil sb152:

GM owned both makes, the frontera made in Luton was a rebadged Isuzu.

images (3).jpeg

ERF-NGC-European:
Bedford in Holland

To add:

I was never a fan of the Bedford TK but they were popular lightweight lorries of their day, probably because they took that sector into the new era of the more comfortable cab, followed quickly by the Ford D-series.

This one was based in north Holland and was used as a house removal van (verhuizingen).

Tyneside