Bedford Lorries, you used to see them everywhere

andrew.s:

big al st:

andrew.s:

My mate sent me a couple of pictures of this earlier!!
It looks fantastic.are you the owner of the TL?

No I’m friends with the owner, but I do have 2 KMs. This was took at Llandudno transport festival on the Conwy road run.

big al st:

andrew.s:

big al st:

andrew.s:

My mate sent me a couple of pictures of this earlier!!
It looks fantastic.are you the owner of the TL?

No I’m friends with the owner, but I do have 2 KMs. This was took at Llandudno transport festival on the Conwy road run.

That looks fantastic! -I’m guessing by the badging this is a later one so a 500 engine ?
What is your other KM?
Get some more pictures up please!!

Yes one of the last with the 500 phase 1.The other a 466 is in bits and being restored.

big al st:
Yes one of the last with the 500 phase 1.The other a 466 is in bits and being restored.

That’s great that another one will be saved!!

Buzzer

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Is the top one a Bedford cab mounted on a heavier chassis or a sub-continent spec? The wheels and axles look more robust than anything I’ve ever seen on a TJ.

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Is the top one a Bedford cab mounted on a heavier chassis or a sub-continent spec? The wheels and axles look more robust than anything I’ve ever seen on a TJ.

Definitely in India so anything goes, someone on here will know for sure of its breeding, Buzzer

Buzzer:

Star down under.:

Buzzer:
Buzzer

Definitely in India so anything goes, someone on here will know for sure of its breeding, Buzzer

They were manufactured by the Hindustan Motor Co., formed in 1948 - the same lot who famously turned out '50s Morris Oxford called Ambassadors for decades. The J4 truck was made by them from 1958 and the heavier duty J6 followed. They are still popular on the sub-continent. When I was in northern Pakistan several years ago I got to sit in the cab of one in a truck stop in the mountains. It was lavishly appointed inside. They are painted and decorated by real artists, many of them just schoolboys.

Here’s a picture I took of one generously loaded in the foothills of the Himalyas:

Thanks for that.

Suedehead:

What was the unladen weight and gross vehicle weight of these ex brewery Bedfords ? Ray Smyth.

Ray Smyth:

Suedehead:

What was the unladen weight and gross vehicle weight of these ex brewery Bedfords ? Ray Smyth.

big al st:

Ray Smyth:

Suedehead:

Thank you Big Al for that interesting info on the brewery 6 wheelers. Cheers, Ray Smyth.

She seems to have a whiff of the Orient about her?!? NMP off FB

coomsey:

Hino what that isn’t! :laughing:

ERF-NGC-European:

coomsey:

Hino what that isn’t! :laughing:

:unamused:

The triangular badge, in the lower left corner of the grill, says “By Isuzu”.