Beaten and abused

Since yours truly made such an epic display of professional driving skills on Monday, bending my tail lift on a bay, the company put me another unit, one of the 3 sister trucks that my one is part of. This unit used to have a regular driver but since he left a few months ago it’s been used by agency. Now, I’m no prude. I’m quite happy to slum it yet this truck is a right state. It reeks of stale ■■■ smoke and sweat. The majority of the buttons are either missing or cracked. The left mirror glass needed replacing before they sent me into London, the black plastic covers on the mirrors are gone, the curtain is full of holes, no internal straps bar a few broken ones. One of the air vents are been pushed in, the seat is full of burn marks.

Why can’t we get the good agency guys who don’t smash the truck up? Who leave the truck clean, tidy and fueled… The only saving grace of this truck is that it does 56. Is this my punishment for bending the tail lift?

Radar19:
Why can’t we get the good agency guys who don’t smash the truck up? Who leave the truck clean, tidy and fueled…

You stand more chance of getting Father Christmas or the easter bunny to drive for you!!!
:grimacing:

Think about it mate, why would a driver that may not be in the same truck from day to day care that much about it as they may not even be back at that same firm the next day, or even ever… While I wouldn’t behave like that, you should to a fair degree blame the game and not the players!

Sorry pal but I think it’s time for you get on your bike, as the firm may well be giving you the hint…

Theres a company called Stobarts who always want drivers and have mint trucks…oh hang on a minute though…

A bit of suffering can be good for the soul. So I’m told. :unamused:

Seriously though, there’s nothing quite like driving a truck that is not “yours” even if was in a reasonable state, it would still feel weird!

F-reds:
A bit of suffering can be good for the soul. So I’m told. :unamused:

Seriously though, there’s nothing quite like driving a truck that is not “yours” even if was in a reasonable state, it would still feel weird!

Yep , I’m driving a sister truck to mine due to MOT and it’s not the same
Curtain ratchets are different make , it’s got those pull down internal ratchet straps , I have to jump on outer half of tail lift to get it to fully fold out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Radar19:
Since yours truly made such an epic display of professional driving skills on Monday, bending my tail lift on a bay, the company put me another unit, one of the 3 sister trucks that my one is part of. This unit used to have a regular driver but since he left a few months ago it’s been used by agency. Now, I’m no prude. I’m quite happy to slum it yet this truck is a right state. It reeks of stale ■■■ smoke and sweat. The majority of the buttons are either missing or cracked. The left mirror glass needed replacing before they sent me into London, the black plastic covers on the mirrors are gone, the curtain is full of holes, no internal straps bar a few broken ones. One of the air vents are been pushed in, the seat is full of burn marks.

Why can’t we get the good agency guys who don’t smash the truck up? Who leave the truck clean, tidy and fueled… The only saving grace of this truck is that it does 56. Is this my punishment for bending the tail lift?

You mean a good agency driver that wouldn’t bend the tail lift?

[emoji106]

Evil8Beezle:
Think about it mate, why would a driver that may not be in the same truck from day to day care that much about it as they may not even be back at that same firm the next day, or even ever… While I wouldn’t behave like that, you should to a fair degree blame the game and not the players!

Sorry pal but I think it’s time for you get on your bike, as the firm may well be giving you the hint…

Well they bloody should , it’s no excuse too leave a truck like a tip even if your not going too drive it again :unamused: :unamused: , I mean how long does it take too give it a wipe over through shift , put your crap in a carrier bag and in a bin at the end of the shift , and if you want a ■■■ , pull over and get out .
These kids these days are bloody bone - idle , want to just sit there every spare moment staring at there bloody phones :smiling_imp: :unamused: :smiling_imp:

dozy:

Evil8Beezle:

Well they bloody should , it’s no excuse too leave a truck like a tip even if your not going too drive it again :unamused: :unamused: , I mean how long does it take too give it a wipe over through shift , put your crap in a carrier bag and in a bin at the end of the shift , and if you want a ■■■ , pull over and get out .
These kids these days are bloody bone - idle , want to just sit there every spare moment staring at there bloody phones :smiling_imp: :unamused: :smiling_imp:

I didn’t say it was right pal, more that this is sadly the reality of things due to the selfish human nature of some people!

It’s also a little presumptuous and ignorant to say/infer that this behaviour is isolated to kids, or the youth of today, as I don’t believe that’s entirely accurate or the full story! OK it may be getting worse, but who educated these kids and gave them the values they possess■■?

I’d have also thought that operators/employers have a certain amount of blame/responsibility in this matter, as they are the ones that have changed the job over the years from a full time work force where drivers are assigned a unit, to the agency or zero hours contracts that we see today where drivers are cab hopping. Yes the good drivers are victims of this, but I believe there is a multitude of factors that lead to poor standards and a lack of consideration for others.

alicks77:

Radar19:

You mean a good agency driver that wouldn’t bend the tail lift?

[emoji106]

Oooooo ■■■■■! :grimacing:

Radar19:

Yes. :sunglasses:

Oi bloody Oi! Yes, for various reasons, I am now an agency driver. Please do not tar us all with the same brush. Drivers are people too and like people, there are good ones and bad ones, clean ones and dirty ones, wether agency or not! I like to think any wagon I drive is left cleaner than I find it and I have to say some of them are downright disgusting . It is always nice to get into a fresh smelling, clean & tidy truck, and I am always aware I am a visitor in someone else ‘home’. If anything, we need your sympathy rather than your derision.
steps off soap box
:slight_smile:

My attitude towards keeping the cab clean is the same now that I am full time as it was when I was agency. It depends on individuals not employment status.

Radar19:
Is this my punishment for bending the tail lift?

Yes.

They can be bloody expensive to repair.

Weren’t you saying in another post you got your Class 1 through your own time and money but they won’t give you a go?

And now you’ve been put in one of the worst trucks on the fleet?

Does constructive dismissal mean anything to you?

I’d worry less about how agency drivers treat the thing, take the hint and get on your bike.

Sounds from here like there is no future for you there and you’d be better off BEING an agency driver than moaning about them.

You’ll wonder why you bothered staying so long.

Looooo:

Radar19:
Is this my punishment for bending the tail lift?

Yes.

They can be bloody expensive to repair.

Weren’t you saying in another post you got your Class 1 through your own time and money but they won’t give you a go?

And now you’ve been put in one of the worst trucks on the fleet?

Does constructive dismissal mean anything to you?

I’d worry less about how agency drivers treat the thing, take the hint and get on your bike.

Sounds from here like there is no future for you there and you’d be better off BEING an agency driver than moaning about them.

You’ll wonder why you bothered staying so long.

I’ve got 2 days off next week, I’m going to be driving around all the haulers around here.

Radar19:

So having bent a tail lift backing onto a bay, you think its ok to start a thread calling agency drivers names for damaging stuff?
Carlsberg dont do ironic foot in mouth posts but if they did…

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

So having bent a tail lift backing onto a bay, you think its ok to start a thread calling agency drivers names for damaging stuff?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

At first I thought the title was referring to your tail lift…

After reading the responses, it’s becoming increasingly clear that I should of kept me gob shut.

Radar19:

The-Snowman:

Radar19:

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

About thinking before you post? Definitely! :laughing: