BBC breakfast illegals & truckers

BBC breakfast covered illegals at Calais featuring Brian Yeardly haulage a few minutes ago

AND ■■?

ROG:
BBC breakfast covered illegals at Calais featuring Brian Yeardly haulage a few minutes ago

Not a bad piece actually, pretty well balanced for the BBC for a change. The Yeardley driver was clear and showed the reporter the problem we face and the French guy was spot on.

lolipop:
AND ■■?

iPlayer, start at 07:17

Radio 4 file on four next Tuesday evening (30th, 2000) is about security at sea ports, might be worth a listen as well.

When we drive into the US from Canada, I think I’ve crossed at 7 of the many POE’s, everyone of them has an Xray machine, some fixed, some portable, that you drive through which takes a few seconds.
Now these machines can show up the smallest oddity on a truck & trailer, inside, outside, under and over and if it does, they then pull you in for a full inspection.
I’ve never done Europe in a truck and don’t know the answer but don’t you have that at the ports/crossings and wouldn’t that solve the problem, end of ?
Anything the size/shape of a person would show up immediately, full inspect, thereby eliminating any illegals from getting through and saving fines for drivers.

wheelnutt:

ROG:

Not a bad piece actually, pretty well balanced for the BBC for a change. The Yeardley driver was clear and showed the reporter the problem we face and the French guy was spot on.

lolipop:
AND ■■?

iPlayer, start at 07:17

struggling to find it on iplayer. Is it still there does anybody know

Saw that this morning around 620, thought it was interesting but was anoyed by the French haulier who blamed the Brits for the whole problem!

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29339582

Saw it on ITV a few weeks back… I was more interested in the blokes SoloStar Gigaspace!

The Biker:
Saw that this morning around 620, thought it was interesting but was anoyed by the French haulier who blamed the Brits for the whole problem!

Yea that french fella was having none of it was he,he kept repeating it was englands problem,knob head :unamused:

In a way it is our (our governments fault) that they want to come to the uk for being too soft and land of plenty change this and the numbers trying to enter this country ilegally would fall

seth 70:

The Biker:

Yea that french fella was having none of it was he,he kept repeating it was englands problem,knob head :unamused:

It is an English problem though, he was absolutely right.

it is a english problem , the workers are shafted, the illegals are given everything for free

An Italian town is giving grants to the unemployed so they can learn English and leave.

theguardian.com/world/2014/s … e-to-leave

This poem appears on the Statue of Liberty and is often used when referring to the growth of the USA.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Why don’t these migrants want to go there then?

cav551:
This poem appears on the Statue of Liberty and is often used when referring to the growth of the USA.

"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:

I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

Why don’t these migrants want to go there then?

They wouldn’t make it past the Bermuda Triangle :smiley:

tommy t:
Lorry driver tells of risks of driving through Calais - BBC News

Cheers

neilg14:
When we drive into the US from Canada, I think I’ve crossed at 7 of the many POE’s, everyone of them has an Xray machine, some fixed, some portable, that you drive through which takes a few seconds.
Now these machines can show up the smallest oddity on a truck & trailer, inside, outside, under and over and if it does, they then pull you in for a full inspection.
I’ve never done Europe in a truck and don’t know the answer but don’t you have that at the ports/crossings and wouldn’t that solve the problem, end of ?
Anything the size/shape of a person would show up immediately, full inspect, thereby eliminating any illegals from getting through and saving fines for drivers.

Yes. But the very fact that they catch you with the illegal immigrant is the problem. Because they often check all trucks, there ends up being a huge queue of trucks on the approach to the port acting like sitting ducks as dozens of these illegal immigrants descend to the rear doors of trailers and climb on. There’s no way you can get them out yourself and if you drive in to the port you’re fined 2000 pounds for attempting to smuggle them in to the country, meanwhile, the illegal immigrants are swiftly detained, released and try again the next day, probably resulting in another fine for another driver and so goes the government extortion racket. The whole system the UK customs employ in Calais is geared precisely to ensure illegal immigrants have ever chance to break in to and hide on trucks and then low and behold, they wheel the truck in to the shed, pretend the driver is responsible for the whole affair and top up government coffers. Its entrapment on the grandest scale.

neilg14:

My feeling is always it’s a problem they publicly have to pretend they’re doing something about but really it has always been a deliberate policy to encourage a lot of immigrants here.

robinhood_1984:

neilg14:

Yes. But the very fact that they catch you with the illegal immigrant is the problem. Because they often check all trucks, there ends up being a huge queue of trucks on the approach to the port acting like sitting ducks as dozens of these illegal immigrants descend to the rear doors of trailers and climb on. There’s no way you can get them out yourself and if you drive in to the port you’re fined 2000 pounds for attempting to smuggle them in to the country, meanwhile, the illegal immigrants are swiftly detained, released and try again the next day, probably resulting in another fine for another driver and so goes the government extortion racket. The whole system the UK customs employ in Calais is geared precisely to ensure illegal immigrants have ever chance to break in to and hide on trucks and then low and behold, they wheel the truck in to the shed, pretend the driver is responsible for the whole affair and top up government coffers. Its entrapment on the grandest scale.

So what you’re saying is the drivers get fined even if these illegals are found still on the French side of the channel ?
I didn’t know that, I presumed it was was on the English side.