Bbc 1 2100hrs monday 6-10-08

if you havent already done so set your dvd recorder or vhs video motorway cops tonight looks like its worth watching

Will download it to my iplayer tomorrow, if cant get decent picture tonight

Fly-on-the-wall documentary following the traffic police of South Yorksire. On the motorway, a moment’s lapse of concentration can have devastating consequences and when a lorry is involved the results can be catastrophic. The Motorway Cops are called to an accident involving a 44 tonne lorry, causing traffic chaos and leaving three dead and many more injured.

I assume this is the crash http://www.motorstoday.co.uk/LORRY-DRIVER-JAILED-OVER-DEVASTATING-CRASH.1222.news

From the above link, “However lorries and HGVs had to wait until noon before they were allowed to pass by.”

There’s a difference then?? There must be cos Nafeesa Shan says so. :laughing:

The accident happened at 0650 and nowhere in the report does it state how it happened but by 1245 K Holden knows whose fault it is …

K.HOLDEN, Blackburn says…
12:45pm Wed 18 Apr 07
My thoughts go out to the families of those involed in this inccident. Its about time more is done about the amount of motorway inccidents involing lorries they should only be allowed in the far left lane ONLY.

… and how to solve it.

And by evening time John knows that it was a speeding lorry that takes forever to pass another one … :confused:

John, Preston says…
8:33pm Sun 3 Jun 07
My heartfelt sympathy to those who lost their lives.
I am however, so annoyed with lorry drivers who continue to speed and take forever to pass other lorries which effectively blocks the motorway. 56mph should mean 56mph including downhill.
My heartfelt sympathy to those who lost their lives. I am however, so annoyed with lorry drivers who continue to speed and take forever to pass other lorries which effectively blocks the motorway. 56mph should mean 56mph including downhill.

… and wants us all to stick to 56mph downhill - and therefore, I assume, uphill too. :unamused:

This just goes to show what we’re up against folks.

Stan

remove post

bubsy06:
Fly-on-the-wall documentary following the traffic police of South Yorkshire. On the motorway, a moment’s lapse of concentration can have devastating consequences and when a lorry is involved the results can be catastrophic. The Motorway Cops are called to an accident involving a 44 tonne lorry, causing traffic chaos and leaving three dead and many more injured.

I assume this is the crash Three killed in M6 crash named by police | Lancashire Telegraph

So when you put together SOUTH YORKSHIRE Police and the Newspaper Link together

Does LANCASHIRETELEGRAPH not give you a Clue that it wont be the same incident ?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I changed the address think I got the right crash now

bubsy06:
I didnt write that your going mad mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Been a hard day for you today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Davey Driver:

bubsy06:
I didnt write that your going mad mate :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Been a hard day for you today :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yep

So if as the article suggests we have to stick to the left hand lanes only how are we going to pass all the car drivers that do less the 50MPH? Its a bit less prevelant on motorways but the A14 on weekends is full of slow car drivers.

polish driver breakin the rules for over hrs=max pay…no surprise there
the look of the hgv driver after being told hes killed people,after ploughing into
stationary traffic…a harsh reminder for us all :cry:

Stanley Knife:
The accident happened at 0650 and nowhere in the report does it state how it happened but by 1245 K Holden knows whose fault it is …

K.HOLDEN, Blackburn says…
12:45pm Wed 18 Apr 07
My thoughts go out to the families of those involed in this inccident. Its about time more is done about the amount of motorway inccidents involing lorries they should only be allowed in the far left lane ONLY.

… and how to solve it.

And by evening time John knows that it was a speeding lorry that takes forever to pass another one … :confused:

John, Preston says…
8:33pm Sun 3 Jun 07
My heartfelt sympathy to those who lost their lives.
I am however, so annoyed with lorry drivers who continue to speed and take forever to pass other lorries which effectively blocks the motorway. 56mph should mean 56mph including downhill.
My heartfelt sympathy to those who lost their lives. I am however, so annoyed with lorry drivers who continue to speed and take forever to pass other lorries which effectively blocks the motorway. 56mph should mean 56mph including downhill.

… and wants us all to stick to 56mph downhill - and therefore, I assume, uphill too. :unamused:

This just goes to show what we’re up against folks.

Stan

k holden, and john.

the stereotypical, ■■■■■■■ braindead numpty lowlifes.
these two, really havn’t got a clue.

just because, they may occasionally, get held up by some slower lorries, this is the way they choose too vent their anger.
■■■■■■■■■■ of the highest degree.

probably, the same numpties, that come too a virtual stop, when passing the scene of an accident like this, too glare, at others misfortune, and misery.

I’ve just watched the progrram, really brings home what can happen with just a momentryl lapse of concertration.
I’m really impessed by the wife or partner of one of the victims. She realised that the driver hadn’t gone to work with the intent to kill her husband and feels that he will suffer more from what happend that any sort of punishment offered by the courts. A very difficult thing to do when one of your loved one has been taken in such a tragic situation.

whooshwhoosh:
the look of the hgv driver after being told hes killed people,after ploughing into
stationary traffic…a harsh reminder for us all :cry:

I agree not a situation I would ever want to be in at all :frowning:

4 years did he get? I missed that bit, the bloke was only doing his job

OK,'fess up,who runs tautliners with trailer numbers beggining “LTT”?
The coils looked like they hadn’t been strapped.Could have been a subby,but I’ve never been let out of a steelmill without the coils strapped.Oh & the fireman who said “The coils should have been loaded flat”,needs retraining!
Never had a problem with coils loaded like that.
AS LONG AS THEY ARE CORRECTLY STRAPPED!
Sorry this was the one on the M6.

4 years was a bit harsh for Mr Abel (no previous and genuinely remorseful), when the irish-pole got parked up for 11 hours.

Well done to Mrs Goodridge for her pragmatic view after her loss.
Sincere condolences to her and all affected in the crash.

We need more coppers like PC Nairn, good on him, just a shame the courts don’t or can’t backup his good work.

While not knowing the exact and definitive cause of the M18 crash, it really ■■■■■■ me off that this bloke got 4 years when a stupid, idiotic little scrote starts showing off to his mates and kills someone but usually gets less than half.

Who’s more to blame?

Although, reading back on this post, he did plead guilty to Death by Dangerous Driving. Was there more to it than we have seen / read?

Point still stands though.

If I was that trucker and did not know WHY I had done that, then I would never drive again :exclamation: :exclamation:

How could I be sure that history would not repeat :question: - in not knowing what went wrong the first time how could I prevent the same from happening again :question: :question:

I totally agree with that Rog, as I would probably give up driving after such an incident and especially for the same reasons as this guy.

The comparison I was illustrating was that based on the program, he obviously couldnt account for the last few moments which suggested one of two things - he either fell asleep, unlikely as that sliproad is curved or he simply had a lapse in concentration.

To all intents and purposes, he was driving as he always probably has done and this time something has gone very bady wrong.

The hypothetical oik showing off to his mates however, is ovbiously NOT driving as he would normally and is totally aware of the dangers he poses to everyone around him, however, when said oik has an acident and kills 2 out of his car and maybe 2 in another vehicle, they are all to often given a lesser sentence than the driver of the HGV.

I just can’t help feeling that based on that comparison, the HGV guy maybe got a harsher sentence unless the law changes and has a standard defined penalty for the offence of Death by Dangerous Driving.

However, should it come to light that the HGV driver was doing something he shouldm’t have been prior to having this smash, then fair enough, but as yet it’s not clear.

:laughing: Christ and it’s only 8am