Bbc 1 2100hrs monday 6-10-08

Darby Flyer:
I just can’t help feeling that based on that comparison, the HGV guy maybe got a harsher sentence unless the law changes and has a standard defined penalty for the offence of Death by Dangerous Driving.

I think they have or about to have a new offence called death by careless driving - could be wrong though.

just sat and watched this on the i player.
horrific stuff. really shows just how quickly it can all go so wrong.

don’t think i’d drive again if something like that happened to me.

watching that made me realise, that the odd row with the missus, is worth it.
she said too me, “i phoned you at work yesterday, but you didn’t answer?”
yet again, i tell her, i hvn’t got bluetooth, so i’m not picking the bloody phone up whilst driving, and stuff like that program, makes me realize, that i can always wait, and speak too the missus when i’m parked up.

just a note, i’m not implying in anyway, that mobile phones had any part in this tragic incident, just used that as an example.

Notice the copper (ex lorry driver) picked on the NI motor straight away.

Ok please put me striaght if I go wrong but although bonemeal/offal is tacho exempt would you still put a card in just to cover your ■■■?

Ok it turn out that fella had been stop before for the same offence so he should of be locked up I agree.

k adams are you having a go at the polish fella because hes a pole or because he was runing bent and dont forget hes working for paddys what do you expect thats the norm for them .

HIGH FLYER:
k adams are you having a go at the polish fella because hes a pole or because he was runing bent and dont forget hes working for paddys what do you expect thats the norm for them .

Alledgedly :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DaveL:
OK,'fess up,who runs tautliners with trailer numbers beggining “LTT”?
The coils looked like they hadn’t been strapped.Could have been a subby,but I’ve never been let out of a steelmill without the coils strapped.Oh & the fireman who said “The coils should have been loaded flat”,needs retraining!
Never had a problem with coils loaded like that.
AS LONG AS THEY ARE CORRECTLY STRAPPED!
Sorry this was the one on the M6.

Loane Transport

HIGH FLYER:

Was this before or after the Poles worked for the English ? and whats with THE PADDYS ■■?

routier didnt meen to cause offence to any 1 my point is every 1 is always going on about the drivers from europe running bent but if you look closer to home there are some firms that do it here is well i can name a few of the top of my head and the worst is the drivers like to blag about it as if they have done something clever. going back to the original post every 1 knows these fellas come here for a few months they work hard. but i think it is down to the firms to make sure the drivers are not pushed for time so i think you should blame the firm for letting it go on ofcourse the driver plays a part is well.

bubsy06:
Fly-on-the-wall documentary following the traffic police of South Yorksire. On the motorway, a moment’s lapse of concentration can have devastating consequences and when a lorry is involved the results can be catastrophic. The Motorway Cops are called to an accident involving a 44 tonne lorry, causing traffic chaos and leaving three dead and many more injured.

I assume this is the crash http://www.motorstoday.co.uk/LORRY-DRIVER-JAILED-OVER-DEVASTATING-CRASH.1222.news

Do we know what the driver was doing in the cab for him not to be looking at the road? Can’t of been on mobile as cop’s would of picked up on that.

When he is released from jail and his driving ban expires if their anything stopping him from driving trucks again by going up through the stages? Or will he just have to sit an extended test? :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :question: :question: :question: :confused: :open_mouth:

Was he running bent? his tacho for that day was ok it was not producing a tacho or filling in his logbook for the day before and not showing his daily rest.

Now Paddy’s I have no problems with, my old fella is Irish. The thing that gets me the police see a irish truck and reckon that they are breaking the law but I disagree maybe in the past but with the law getting stricter I think its the eastern european drivers are more likley to run bent.

That copper (ex lorry driver) is still thinking paddy motor running bent, easy pull. Now if it was a eastern european motor then theres the language barrier to much like hard work if you ask me.

The language barrier is not a big problem coz they have translaters on standby and just radio in requesting one (if not in person then via the phone…)

and as for the coppers easy pull… well… He was right wasn’t he :wink:

Horrific , condolances to all affected by the major topic of the programme.Did anybody else pick up on the narrators comments about the "truck driver in lane 3 that shunted a couple of cars? . . . looked like a transit dropside to me!!
Not defending anybody but whenever a truck is invoved in an rta it seems that they cant stipulate the fact enough on the radio traffic news . . . . so its all our fault then but if they class a Transit as a truck …? why dont they say when theres an rta with no trucks- that no hgvs are invovled?

I don’t think it was stopped just because it was an Northern Irish motor, but I think it was that the haulier was known to be one of those that run a bit dodgy. Remember all this infomation is on a database now so they can target hauliers who have been caught in the past.

Just watching the traffic cop special and could not believe what he had in the back of that transit, wet cement and all.

You would of thought he could of seen the weight problem before he got in the van just by looking at it!!!

Suprised that X REG actually made it onto the motorway with that sort of weight, :laughing: :exclamation: :exclamation: