Bath Emission Zone

Driving into Bath has always been a pain but from today if you are driving a non compliant van or lorry into Bath it is a pain in the back pocket as well. The £100 charge covers all day .

Numbum:
Driving into Bath has always been a pain but from today if you are driving a non compliant van or lorry into Bath it is a pain in the back pocket as well. The £100 charge covers all day .

Also coming to a city near you very soon

Most trucks are euro 6 well the ones iv driven so won’t effect me

TruckDriverBen:

This. Only people driving stuff older than 2014 are owner drivers who try to make a living out of Courierexchange and car transporters. Oh and Tufnells.

We are based near Bath but since they closed the bridge to hgv have been going on other routes. In our fleet of trucks 7.5t+ only two tractor units are Euro 6. Keep hinting that I need a new S series Scania :wink:

If anywhere needed a complete ring road, that’s it.

PITA any which way through it.

Half of it looks like a bomb site and the rest is 300 years old.

Conor:
This. Only people driving stuff older than 2014 are owner drivers who try to make a living out of Courierexchange and car transporters. Oh and Tufnells.

Blimey! I don’t remember Driffield being that posh. In 2019 most of the trucks I drove were 57-59 reg plates, nearly all still on analogue tachos too

mrginge:
We are based near Bath but since they closed the bridge to hgv have been going on other routes. In our fleet of trucks 7.5t+ only two tractor units are Euro 6. Keep hinting that I need a new S series Scania :wink:

We’re based just outside Shepton and have the same issue, the newer trucks can but our older ones can’t (mine is a 63 plate FH3)…

I was down that way last week, come down the A4 from keynsham towards Bath, and wanted the A39 to go down towards Shepton, on the roundabout for the A39 (by the globe pub?) I could see the signs for the LEZ Bristol side of that roundabout, I thought the LEZ started nearer the city centre? Or does it start there to catch people (realizing they cant go through bath) going to the roundabout to do a U turn and back up the A4, or down the A39? :imp:

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

Or like us have HIAB wagons that need to run for up to 10 years due to costing £250,000 a pop.

pig pen:
I was down that way last week, come down the A4 from keynsham towards Bath, and wanted the A39 to go down towards Shepton, on the roundabout for the A39 (by the globe pub?) I could see the signs for the LEZ Bristol side of that roundabout, I thought the LEZ started nearer the city centre? Or does it start there to catch people (realizing they cant go through bath) going to the roundabout to do a U turn and back up the A4, or down the A39? :imp:

Looking at the map on the upper road into Bath it starts by the park with the big kids play area. The lower road it starts just before the left turn into the one way system by Sainsburys

[quote=“Socketset”

Half of it looks like a bomb site and the rest is 300 years old.[/quote]
It was a bomb site, the luftwaffe bombed it, was known as the Bidecker raids, even they didn’t remodel it,

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baedeker_Blitz

Can someone explain this… put a van reg number in for a merc van/minibus
Can go to bath .free yet pay for brum

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

I am an owner driver with a 13 plate unit and I make a decent living with it I have had it from brand new I could get a new one tomorrow but why should I bother the euro 6’s are a lot more trouble than the euro 5’s I keep mine through choice it makes a lot more financial sense to run this than get a new one

I still see numerous artics crossing the bridge with the 18 ton weight limit, even though the diversion route is advertised in a 50 mile radius from Bath , I’m guessing it’s clueless drivers that can’t read a sign or assume they are legal as they are empty and below the weight limit of which is not the case.
The police say they do random checks at two hours at a time .But the public see an artic and no wonder the industry gets a bad image with a twit driving in his hi viz and no seat belt .

We have lots of customers in Bath, including the council. Our lorries are not euro 6, so we are gonna have to charge the customer the £100, which they won’t like. Especially as lots of the jobs require 2 separate vehicles.

edd1974:
Can go to bath .free yet pay for brum

Tried my 2012 diesel car and got the same result. Guessing they are using different criteria but since the Euro number will be the same, it is very bizarre.

Must be a pain for Bath based companies although I think most get a years grace, but will be interesting to see the reaction of 109LWBs council customers. Likely “not our dept, or our money”.

Btw, is there a requirement as to what they spend the money on or does it just go to central funds?

Professor:

Conor:

TruckDriverBen:

I am an owner driver with a 13 plate unit and I make a decent living with it I have had it from brand new I could get a new one tomorrow but why should I bother the euro 6’s are a lot more trouble than the euro 5’s I keep mine through choice it makes a lot more financial sense to run this than get a new one

Don’t rise to him he’s no idea what he’s talking about .

The main traffic problem is the London Road on the Batheaston side , East area which is very high in pollution and long delays , the buildings are black from exhaust fumes , I have no patience for Bath residents and their I am better than you mentality because in their wisdom they objected to a park and ride on the East side on the basis of a few dog walking fields being built on and the view spoilt .
They also stopped a bus on rails line in the same area for an area where they fly tip and once again dog walkers .

The traffic problem in Bath has been going on since the 1960’s, This ‘Look at Life’ short film was shot in 1968 about the problems then, It’s worth a watch just for the cars & lorries of that era.