Barely Legal Drivers

I’ve just watched fifteen minutes of this tonight, and couldn’t stand watching any more. It was the most surreal thing to watch. I know we see it day in/day out, but to see it from inside their car is downright scary. The young lass was doing 37mph on the motorway, stopped at the end of the slip-road and more concerned about her ‘fashion shoot’ than how she was getting home. The young lad driving about with the windows iced up, and couldn’t manage to get back out of Newcastle.

I just don’t have the nerves to watch any more.

:cry:

I’ve suffered watching the first 2 & can’t believe that they actually award a car to the ‘Best’ driver at the end of the show.
IMO if this is the standard of driving that gets these kids/children need to pass their driving test- there’s something Very Wrong with the system.

They seem to think they are playing Grand Theft Auto & the consequences don’t matter, just reload the game !!!

Perhaps they should stop ■■■■■■■ about with 17-25 year olds & raise the test age to over 25.

i must admit i was scared watching this surly it cant be real as said people in car would notice a camera in car and notice a camera followin you around its got to be a act

I think there should be a complete overhall of the way young drivers are taught and tested.
The present system is about making money.
They could do away with the test altogether, Maybe introduce a staged training program where they concentrate on weaknesses. They could also start doing lessons whilst still at school.

Now I understand why insurance for youngsters is soooo expensive, Imagine footing the bill for a multi vehicle crash on the motorway because some kid doesn’t know how to drive properly on it, chilling thought…

its like all the other “reality” shows … all about viewing figures , utter rubbish !! seen about 10 mins of it and put the radio on

me too, total crap

Just goes to show that graded licencing needs to be introduced

Should Put these camera’s in some of the so called proffessional drivers cabs. Now that would be intresting.

syramax:
its like all the other “reality” shows … all about viewing figures , utter rubbish !! seen about 10 mins of it and put the radio on

Unfortunately it is not rubbish.It is all very true and just shows that the driving test needs to be made a lot tougher.
Also drivers need to be re assessed after a few years and this does not just apply to car drivers either.
A lot of drivers attitudes towards driving are utterly appalling.

motionlotion:
Should Put these camera’s in some of the so called proffessional drivers cabs. Now that would be intresting.

They already do.

ES T&T :smiley:

peewee:
i must admit i was scared watching this surly it cant be real as said people in car would notice a camera in car and notice a camera followin you around its got to be a act

I was sad enough to watch ep 1/2/3. The idea is they know that the cameras are there but think its part of a teenage culture documentary, not an assessment on their driving skills.

There was an exhibitor at the CV Show touting a camera system that filmed the driver and passenger from a position above the windscreen and recorded sound as well. It also filmed the view in front of the cab, like a normal forward-facing camera

If there was harsh braking or a swerve then the system sent footage of the 4 seconds preceding the incident and 10 seconds after to a computer server, and alerted the operator.

The driver and the operator could sit down and view the footage together!

The guy on the stand reckoned Keedwells in Somerset was already using the system.

albion1971:

syramax:

Unfortunately it is not rubbish.It is all very true and just shows that the driving test needs to be made a lot tougher.
Also drivers need to be re assessed after a few years and this does not just apply to car drivers either.
A lot of drivers attitudes towards driving are utterly appalling.

I was speaking from a entertainment point of view . after all that is what I pay my licence fee for,although I am more and more getting the feeling I am being robbed :cry:

GasGas:
There was an exhibitor at the CV Show touting a camera system that filmed the driver and passenger from a position above the windscreen and recorded sound as well. It also filmed the view in front of the cab, like a normal forward-facing camera

If there was harsh braking or a swerve then the system sent footage of the 4 seconds preceding the incident and 10 seconds after to a computer server, and alerted the operator.

The driver and the operator could sit down and view the footage together!

The guy on the stand reckoned Keedwells in Somerset was already using the system.

How many of us would work for a company taking surveillance to such an extreme level, not me, excessive intrusion.

On the plus side, if the TM gives you a crap route, you can slam the brakes on and call him a ****. He’d then receive a nice email attachment of your message :slight_smile:

The young lad driving was year below me in school , made me laugh watching it , driving is basic common sense! It baffles me when you hear of people going the wrong way down the motorway etc it is unreal , I just laugh in amazement lol

The problem nowadays, is most people especially young drivers that having a license is a right.

Maybe before young/new drivers even get behind the wheel of a car they should learn its a privilege not a right!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

jonnytruckfest:
The problem nowadays, is most people especially young drivers that having a license is a right.

Maybe before young/new drivers even get behind the wheel of a car they should learn its a privilege not a right!

Cheers

Jonny :sunglasses:

& it’s a privilege that can be taken away, very quickly !

I watched an episode where the girl, who’s father was a driving instructor , was going down the m23 for a day out in Brighton with her mates,she took a photo of herself whilst driving for Facebook then missed her turn & ended up on the m25 slip, she thought she could just reverse & cut back across , it was incredibly scary to think people like that are given a licence,