Bad payers

Not sure if it’s a longer term sign or just a handful of devious ■■■■■■■■ withholding payment and using the state of the economy as an excuse (and breathe…) BUT, I have a couple of “Customers” with unpaid invoices dating back to 2010. one as far back as october, the other december.

I won’t name and shame just yet but the october chap has been promising Bibby payment for the last few weeks. I spoke to the chap today and he assures me he’ll pay half on friday the rest before april!

We’ll see.

Are any of you lot experiencing this at the moment?

Goaty:

I’ve got a few invoices outstanding at the moment, certainly more so than in other years, including a couple dating back to July and August! (Both the same customer, only totalling around £3k though).

I generally give 90-day terms to most of my longer standing customers so I tend to get paid when the money is due as there is less scope for the “It missed the cheque run” and “we never got the invoice” or smiliar excuses as they have had 3 months to work it into their cash-flow, and the outstanding amounts will show up on their monthly account statement. A few newer customers are on 30-day though and I’m quick to chase these up and apply the 10% penalty fee if they are late.

Yes I have one at the moment in the hands of debt recovery solicitors… :imp:

Brookes and Benson that were Rae Logistics Ltd,at Bromham near Devizes,told,waiting till 3pm for customer to pay me,so i can see it on the screen,ring up next day,no answer,all lies and testicles to me,they sub for Bibby on Beeline work out of Cereal partners in Melksham too.

Goaty:
Not sure if it’s a longer term sign or just a handful of devious [zb] withholding payment and using the state of the economy as an excuse (and breathe…) BUT, I have a couple of “Customers” with unpaid invoices dating back to 2010. one as far back as october, the other december.

I won’t name and shame just yet but the october chap has been promising Bibby payment for the last few weeks. I spoke to the chap today and he assures me he’ll pay half on friday the rest before april!

We’ll see.

:laughing: :wink:

But seriously, hope you manage to recover your monies owed, Paul. :frowning: Have been there myself and it’s not a pleasant experience having the play the waiting game.

things seem normal, but then I work for farmers so they’re always slow payers :wink: