payments

as i have been for the last 20yrs been running for large quarry companies and getting paid on the 18th of the following month for work completed
what in your experience is resonable to have to wait for payment in the real world 30 days 60 days or 90 days as i have just got rid of my last 2 8 wheel tippers for multi national (no work ) im now in the outside world running a couple of artic tippers .whats your view please

30 days from invoice date, most comply, the odd ones take the ■■■■, they’re the ones who get a ‘‘little bit’’ added to the next quote, after that I sets my missus on them :grimacing:

Big Joe:
… after that I sets my missus on them :grimacing:

That’ll be the time when you want them to pay - but she doesn’t. :smiling_imp: :wink:

Stan

thanks for the reply lads im very supprised this forum seems to have gone very quiet unless its giving advice on new start ups come on boys lets get talking.

very much like Big Joe, monthly invoices , abattoirs pay 50-60 days, Farmers pay anything from Return post to several months !! although as they’re mostly repeat customers it can be built into the invoice :wink:

We sell a fair bit of aggregates and most pay us in 30 days but a few are 90 days. Did you manage to sell those 8ws ok sammy dog?

i,ve found 45 days to be the norm now

it should be weekly!! we have to pay fuel,wages etc weekly so whats the diffrence, 45 days in this climate is too,too long, we carnt go to tescos etc and pay for the food in 45 days can we,

2 phone calls pursey and they were gone to be honest best move ive ever made worked for one of the big quarring companies good as your last load mate good riddance i say.

globby 480:
it should be weekly!! we have to pay fuel,wages etc weekly so whats the diffrence, 45 days in this climate is too,too long, we carnt go to tescos etc and pay for the food in 45 days can we,

it’s Tesco’s etc. that cause some of the problem !! If they paid the abattoir quickly then the abattoir could pay me !!! iirc they don’t pay for 90 days !!

globby 480:

couldnt agree more, but i,ve found the crap paying jobs will pay you weekly but the better paying jobs are on 45 days, so what do you do? have not a lot of money but have it in the bank or have a decent turnover but your still waiting for most of it to come in, somewhere in between would do me but i dont know of any one except boxes who will pay you weekly

its not just tesco i would say 85% of transport companies take the ■■■■ i have and still do a bit now for companies that pay 90 days now thats taking the ■■■■. but when theres nothing else around you got no choice

john

I put 30 days on the bottom of the invoice but in reality it can be anything up to 90 days :unamused: . However, I have a few customers who will pay as soon as the bill arrives…they get priority :wink: .

I’m not overly affected because 75%+ of my work comes from a large quarry firm and I try to only work for people I know and trust. My 2nd biggest customer pays (usually) in about 50-70days but they always pay so it doesn’t cause too many problems.

thats why i dont whinge about 45 days too much as its for a national company so i know i,m going to get it eventually

what the [zb]?
are you lot a bunch of loan companies? or hauliers?
don’t you know that waiting more than 28 days for payment is illegal?
it has been for a few years now.
you should have a consumer credit licence to allow payments of more than 28 days.
this legislation was brought in to stop small to medium companies failing due to late payments.

but if you complain about waiting 45 days you suddenly find your work load gets a bit smaller, theres no way to win, they will find some way of getting back at you, i just keep my head down and get on with the job

limeyphil:
what the [zb]?
are you lot a bunch of loan companies? or hauliers?
don’t you know that waiting more than 28 days for payment is illegal?
it has been for a few years now.
you should have a consumer credit licence to allow payments of more than 28 days.
this legislation was brought in to stop small to medium companies failing due to late payments.

dont take this the wrong way but… GET REAL if i look up to the companies that pay 90 days and tell them there breaking the law paying me 90 days, after they stop laughing and pick themselfs up off the floor they will tell me where the door is… and then they will move on to the next sucker, and believe me theres thousands ready to take my place, thats why i dont complain (not out loud anyway)

john

chaversdad:
thats why i dont whinge about 45 days too much as its for a national company so i know i,m going to get it eventually

Yep, couldn’t agree more!

chaversdad:
but if you complain about waiting 45 days you suddenly find your work load gets a bit smaller, theres no way to win, they will find some way of getting back at you, i just keep my head down and get on with the job

Yep, couldn’t agree more! :laughing: :sunglasses:

are you businessmen?
i don’t think so.
if someone told me that they weren’t paying for 90 days, then i would wind up their company.
or keep the next few loads. it would depend on my mood.
set your own rules and stop undermining the haulage industry.

but the diference is i was told it would be 45 days when i started for them, thats the deal take it or leave it, so should i have said no, pay me on 30 days or i,m not coming to work for you :unamused: :smiley: