Bad Parking

Nice parking “Drive” !

Fair enough but most of that looks old damage. Your point is??

tootman318:
Fair enough but most of that looks old damage. Your point is??

No point. But a picture says a thousand words.

When pointing out to this driver about his crap parking all he could do was give out verbal abuse. Where he parked he had the Forkie drive up & unload him here. Twenty yards away he could have parked on a much wider & quieter road,& got the Forkie to drive to him there, thus not obstructing the pavement & not causing damage to the pavement.

I never said he caused the pavement damage, BUT someone has, It didn’t damage itself. Did it ?

With his attitude this driver will quite easily get himself a good hiding one day.

Do you stick your nose into everyones business?

That is old damage but does loom like its too much caused it or subsidance.im more inclined to say heavy weights have caused it

happysack:
Do you stick your nose into everyones business?

Yes ! When my missus can’t get her shopping trolley past this inconsideratly parked wagon.
Professional Driver ?..I don’t think so.

How do you know he was not asked to park there if I was the driver I would of told you were to go

Question is, were they unloading or needing to be in the position they were and would they have blocked the road otherwise? If so, don’t blame the drivers - they are just trying to get their job done. Have a word with the truck operators/businesses taking the deliveries and make your point to them.

I have done plenty of work delivering to shops & businesses on narrow/residential roads and parking with one side on the pavement is often a reality of the job, just like it’s a reality for most people parking their cars outside their homes. Not ideal given the damage it can cause in a wagon, but a means of parking within a reasonable distance of your customer without severely obstructing the road so you can get the job done.

EDIT: I realise now the driver in this instance could have parked elsewhere but my points remain, he was probably told to park there by the customer so complain to them. Most forkies would winge and moan and some even refuse to tip you if you were on the next street. Just a touchy subject for me, getting winged at by people for just trying to get your job done.

gus607:
Yes ! When my missus can’t get her shopping trolley past

What one of those tartan ones with the little wheels ?

I wouldn’t go to Topsham then if I were you, especially when I’m delivering there :slight_smile:

gus607:
Nice parking “Drive” !

If you concerned about the standard of parking why not contact his boss with the pics and details benteler-distribution.co.uk/ … index.html

anisboy:
I wouldn’t go to Topsham then if I were you, especially when I’m delivering there :slight_smile:

Now that is a pain in the Arris place! :laughing:

I always wonder how a pedestrian just happens upon a wagon parked like that. You can see them from far enough away to take an alternate route.

When are people going to realise that 99% of drivers don’t park like that for ■■■■ and giggles. You do it because you have to. To get your job done. I know, I know, you shouldn’t load from the pavement, but back in the land that was part built by the Romans, I do it all the time to not block the road.

I don’t go round taking a picture of every car that I find parked within 10 metres of a junction, thus blocking a wagon from making a turn. I just get on and find another way into that street.

Life is way too short to worry about things like this. That damage is clearly old damage. It probably has been caused by lots of wagons doing this which suggests that a company is asking them to do it regular. Many wrongs don’t make a right, but it’s not fair to pin it on one driver who told you to do one, for trying to make his work day harder.

If I had parked like that, I would have offered your missus assistance in getting round with her shopping trolley, if I thought she needed it.

Yes a picture does paint a thousand words but without knowing the ins and outs we cannot comment fully. Just the other day I couldn’t get into booker Hamilton cos some fanny had dumped their car in the worst possible place so I couldn’t get into the yard. Resulting in me parking much like this driver infact worse cos I had all four supers on the pavement in a effort to keep the traffic flowing. What happens? Half way thru tipping on street the fanny turns up and drives off making me look like a right ■■■■■■■■ if someone wae a camera turns up!!

■■■■■■■ cameras worst hings ever invented, if they urnae on top of sum cyclists head- they are in some bloody busy bodies hands.

Send it to this site. They’ll know what to do with it.

For myself, I try my hardest not to block the pavement unless I absolutely have to. I don’t see why it’s ok to inconvenience pedestrians but not motorists. If I was being unloaded by a forklift, as in the OP, I’d have parked more considerately and made the forkie drive a bit further.

Rhythm Thief:
Send it to this site. They’ll know what to do with it.

For myself, I try my hardest not to block the pavement unless I absolutely have to. I don’t see why it’s ok to inconvenience pedestrians but not motorists. If I was being unloaded by a forklift, as in the OP, I’d have parked more considerately and made the forkie drive a bit further.

Here is a medal for you :smiley:

That is a craaaaaacking site RT, thank you.

In answer to your question, it’s ok because it’s unlikely to cause a blockage. If you do cause a pedestrian blockage then you truly have parked like a ■■■■

So you too picy’s of the path and truck have you any picy’s of the otherside showing how wide the road was :question:

That website could be renamed mylifeisquiteempty.com though, really.

(Much like the OP’s)

As long as he wasn’t parked dangerously or blocking access then i wouldn’t pass any remarks. When I’m at work I just concentrate on my own affairs, I don’t get paid to worry about what other people are doing.