Bad Parking

Not very considerate for pedestrians, especially to mothers with a pram / push chair… but these 3 pictures arnt enough to paint even a decent picture… who cares about the cracked tarmac

Ps and how long was it parked there…minutes, hours, days ■■?

Surprised no one has mentioned the fact that it is illegal to park on footpath.

Two driveways were obstructed, pedestrians had to walk on the road to get around avoiding the forktruck unloading steel pipes.
ANY driver should or ought to know the Highway Code about parking safely.

Put another way, would you park like this on your driving test ? No you wouldn’t.

gus607:
Two driveways were obstructed, pedestrians had to walk on the road to get around avoiding the forktruck unloading steel pipes.

Put another way, would you park like this on your driving test ? No you wouldn’t.

I agree with you. Too many people - including a few on here - seem to think it’s ok to park anywhere, and to hell with whoever it inconveniences. I know you can’t always avoid inconveniencing people, but a lot of the time people don’t even try.

gus607:

Any decent company would ensure they have adequate room for their delivery vehicles and ensure it comes in on the correct size vehicle… as not to cause this damage and inconvenience.
Not all drivers want to block up places and cause hassle. try having a bang at the company who he was delivering to.

gus607:

tootman318:
Fair enough but most of that looks old damage. Your point is??

No point. But a picture says a thousand words.

When pointing out to this driver about his crap parking all he could do was give out verbal abuse. Where he parked he had the Forkie drive up & unload him here. Twenty yards away he could have parked on a much wider & quieter road,& got the Forkie to drive to him there, thus not obstructing the pavement & not causing damage to the pavement.

I never said he caused the pavement damage, BUT someone has, It didn’t damage itself. Did it ?

With his attitude this driver will quite easily get himself a good hiding one day.

Are you a wagon driver yourself… !!! Then you know how hard it is to get parked sometimes, at least it’s in a straight line and off the road best he can, stop being a job worth [ZB] and get a life !!!

Doesn’t look like any driveways were harmed in the making of this picture. It is infront of two doors but hardly blocking them in.

I agree RT, some people don’t try, but equally I would suggest that a lot of drivers do. Like I said I think very few people go to work wondering the best way to ■■■■ someone’s day up by parking on the pavement.

Yes it’s illegal to park on the foot path, hardly enough to hang the driver for though I would suggest…

That’s called taking the P parking, handy when some poor old bugger on two sticks or in wheelchair wants to get by, let alone a blind person, not considerate at all but quite normal.

Pity it wasn’t in North London, be a nice hefty fine on its way now.

nick2008:

gus607:

Any decent company would ensure they have adequate room for their delivery vehicles and ensure it comes in on the correct size vehicle… as not to cause this damage and inconvenience.
Not all drivers want to block up places and cause hassle. try having a bang at the company who he was delivering to.

^This.

Try doing Tesco Express deliveries. Some shops have limited parking outside, yet they have 3-5 HGV deliveries every single day often arriving at a similar time of day. Used to get grief all the time off local residents (mainly because its Tesco) for parking illegally (for lack of anywhere else) whilst getting sorted, but really it’s Tesco who should be getting a grip. I never intend to park illegally and always keep off the pavement whenever i can, but sometimes needs must and you compromise.

F-reds:
I always wonder how a pedestrian just happens upon a wagon parked like that. You can see them from far enough away to take an alternate route.

When are people going to realise that 99% of drivers don’t park like that for [zb] and giggles. You do it because you have to. To get your job done. I know, I know, you shouldn’t load from the pavement, but back in the land that was part built by the Romans, I do it all the time to not block the road.

I don’t go round taking a picture of every car that I find parked within 10 metres of a junction, thus blocking a wagon from making a turn. I just get on and find another way into that street.

Life is way too short to worry about things like this. That damage is clearly old damage. It probably has been caused by lots of wagons doing this which suggests that a company is asking them to do it regular. Many wrongs don’t make a right, but it’s not fair to pin it on one driver who told you to do one, for trying to make his work day harder.

If I had parked like that, I would have offered your missus assistance in getting round with her shopping trolley, if I thought she needed it.

Excellent post and exactly the right response! I agree wholeheartedly with F-reds.

Dotty D:

gus607:

tootman318:
Fair enough but most of that looks old damage. Your point is??

No point. But a picture says a thousand words.

When pointing out to this driver about his crap parking all he could do was give out verbal abuse. Where he parked he had the Forkie drive up & unload him here. Twenty yards away he could have parked on a much wider & quieter road,& got the Forkie to drive to him there, thus not obstructing the pavement & not causing damage to the pavement.

I never said he caused the pavement damage, BUT someone has, It didn’t damage itself. Did it ?

With his attitude this driver will quite easily get himself a good hiding one day.

Are you a wagon driver yourself… !!! Then you know how hard it is to get parked sometimes, at least it’s in a straight line and off the road best he can, stop being a job worth [ZB] and get a life !!!

+1 You should join Albion’s gang gus607, he’s a ■■■■ too

gus607:

The same could be said for you though.

Some folk don’t take too kindly to your type. You know, the jobsworth pointing his camera around type.

How about if it bothers you so much and by look of that pavement its not a one off and happens a lot rather then haul abuse at the driver or get abuse from drivers when you point it out take the next step.
Complain to the company their delivering too, I’ve been to loads of sites what have assessments where it says “school kids arriving at 08:50 till 9:15 and 3:00 till 3:00 no trucks must arrive or leave site during them times” Do not take ■■■ road in due to residential streets etc take it up with the company who’s yard is near there and if that fails the council who will make a it restriction for all. hauling abuse at drivers won’t get you anywhere as said above he’s just doing his job and going where he’s told we’re not allowed to think

But the whole point of this thread was that if the driver had pulled across the junction & parked on the wide clear bit, thus not making himself look a ■■■■, this thread would not exist.

Only because this driver was an idle lazy ■■■■■■■ I am sitting here slagging him off, there was absolutely NO reason to park where he had whatsoever. His attitude gets all decent truck drivers a bad reputation.

Yes, I am a wagon driver & work close by, I was amazed he parked where he did, making life difficult for everyone, pedestrians, car drivers & other wagon drivers as well.

Last year a pedestrian broke his ankle after tripping on a sunken manhole cover where this wagon was parked, caused by heavy trucks mounting the pavement here.

gus607:
Last year a pedestrian broke his ankle after tripping on a sunken manhole cover where this wagon was parked, caused by heavy trucks mounting the pavement here.

Hope he Sued the council then for failing for the up keep of pavements

where is Harry Hill went you want him…" fight , fight ,fight " :grimacing:

Seriously for one minute Gus , if you feel so strongly about the whole situation that seems to regulary occur at this particular spot then take it up with the site receiving the deliveries because they are the reason it is happening.

Deal with the Cause instead of moaning about the Effect.

tamarman:
where is Harry Hill went you want him…" fight , fight ,fight " :grimacing:

Seriously for one minute Gus , if you feel so strongly about the whole situation that seems to regulary occur at this particular spot then take it up with the site receiving the deliveries because they are the reason it is happening.

Deal with the Cause instead of moaning about the Effect.

+1 that’s what I said but you know it’ll be pass the buck …

Rhythm Thief:
Send it to this site. They’ll know what to do with it.

Or here:

facebook.com/spottedparking

Ken.

Get out more :unamused:
And let the driver do his job instead of keeping him there longer an confronting him.
Any driver will tell you that not every load/unload point has a football pitch sized loading area. You make the best of it and get on with it. That’s life.
Although I can kind of relate, I get really pee’d off when I see people park in the child spaces at tesco that don’t need to. Stop myself short of photographing and sharing it on forums though :unamused:

personally I agree with GUS on this, the truck driver is being an ■■■ parking like that, right outside peoples private doors, the fact when approached he used verbal abuse according to GUS means he is an ■■■.
If the company he was delivering to said “You must wait here” he could have just relayed that to GUS and he could have indeed taken it up with the receiving gate.