bad drivers?

why are there so many truck drivers on roads now that dont flash when u pass or thank u for flashing them in.also lots that pull in before u flash them causing u to have to change your underpants.

Do you drive for Tesco? :smiley:

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … &highlight

Have a read at this one, we saved you a job.

Because it livens things up for some people :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I dont worry bout other people stressing now, let them get on with it, I get paid hourly so I dont mind hanging back a bit.
I actually drove all the way down the M5 last week at 50 mph from Brom to plymouth. What a relaxing nice drive.
Letting the others fly by I was taking pictures of the scenery eating snacks reading the paper watched a DVD too! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
At least it was going well til the fuzz pulled me over! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Lifes too short dont worry bout it mate :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

It;s easy saying don’t worry about it but it’s still ■■■■ annoying.

I have noticed more often than not it’s an O/D with a flash motor that never bothers to thank you. runs and hides

we already been there and done that

i think its because a hell of a lot of drivers dont wait to be flashed in or leave enough gap, once passed think stuff it and pull over.

Yes Steve it is annoying BUT let us/them get on with it. :wink: :wink: :wink:

I’ll flash you.
But if i get arrested. You better pay the fine. :laughing:

why are there so many truck drivers on roads now that dont flash when u pass or thank u for flashing them in.

Because 99% of driver know
the length of their vehicle and
dont need to be told when to re-enter the lane

It is pointless flashing me,
when i,m going 56mph
and the other is going 40mph,

i obviously know i,ve passed you,
but i am probably to busy playing
on my lap top to pull in straight away :stuck_out_tongue:

vice-versa

Why flash someone,
when its obvious they,ve passed me :unamused:

If they were struggling then
i am first to slow down and flash them
to let them in.

But some people expect over-kill,
it looks a bit like the flashing lights of vegas

i just flash out of habit / courtesy, 9 times out of 10 ill get the thank you flash back

its all good

just flash out of habbit aswell and even flash the odd van that doddles passed me. Dont really have the problem of cutting in front as very rare some one over takes on motor way with truck set at 60mph one of the chosen few :sunglasses: but mainly A road where do flashing as slow down for the owns who want to go at there limiters.

i always flash but i let the lorry passing get about 10/15 feet in front and if its struggling i back of a bit just to let him get by,

most of the time i get a thank you,

also i hate when a trucks going slow up a hill and then as ur passing near the top of the hill the truck your passing suddenly goes like a rockets been stuck up its rear end and then you look like an idiot cause you couldnt get by them.

I suppose the only question is this…
If the truck (or any vehicle) that has started to pull in front of you suddenly slams on - can you stop :question: :question: :question:

I must admit that most I have observed pulling in after a flash (or not) do not leave enough space for the above even with the speed differential.

It seems to me, maybe I’m wrong, that convenience is put above safety…

well only way i see it is each to there own…no one is perfect driver but even worse when you have to think for the other so called ‘‘professional’’ driver. Rule number 1 always look after number 1 (yourself) . dont be ignorant driver all time on limiter be amazed how fast other truck disapears after getting in front of you if back off for few seconds to let them on way and doesnt take any time off your life doing so.

Our fleet only does 85 kph anyway so most can fly past me , I don’t bother flashing because you will be doing it every 30 seconds.
People probably think I,am ignorant for it but I don’t care. The speed difference means there is no need. I wouldn’t expect a shopping trolley to flash me when they are at 50 and I was at 56.
Hire units are 90 kph so I do flash when in them.

What is happening more and more is drivers passing you and leaving a ■■■ paper gap , indicating and coming in. I never flash as they are too close but they still come in. More often than not I will move into lane 2 so they aren’t bang in front of me and they can see how close they were when they decided to try and scratch my windscreen.
It’s dangerous and stupid, anyone who comes back in like that is a ■■■■■■■■ of the highest order. Fat barsteward in a slavesens truck always did it on the M1. Not seen him for ages :smiling_imp:

i always try to flash people in wheather they need it or not, same as getting to slip roads if i am neck and neck with another driver if i can accelerate i will but if not i will back off or pull to the right, doesnt bother me if i dont get a thank you but its always nice to see gratitude.

And with car drivers i will try to be courteous as i have the view that maybe they will return the favour to me or some other driver who needs a gap at a junction.

But i cant stand cutting in,

If I pass you like you’re parked, I won’t expect to be flashed in, but if I just spent 5 mins passing you, then I’d like to know when it’s safe to pull in please.

:open_mouth: I got flashed by a White LDV Minibus Sat night by Jct 8 M6… gang on a Hen-night…could`nt safely get my camera out in time to show you…but I got a good look :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

haulmaster:
why are there so many truck drivers on roads now that dont flash when u pass

I work out of felix docks and it’s all quite simple when you think about it

Maritime: totally professional and wouldn’t falsh you in because basically, if you’re over taking them you’re probably breaking the law because they ALWAYS drive at the speed limit, and flashing somebody is also against the law :exclamation:

Gold Star: Never flash anybody in who doesn’t work for them :unamused:

Debens - Wincanton: Yes they’re wincanton so they wouldn’t flash you if you had just run over a school kid and he was being dragged by you and signalling frantically for you to stop :angry:

Leggets: Basically they’re trucks are so knackered they were designed before flashing was thought of or that part of truck went wrong in 1962 and hasn’t been fixed yet :bulb:

Ralf Morton: See Gold Star :stuck_out_tongue:

Roadways: See Leggets :exclamation:

Elite: Due to massive staff turnover has probably only just started working for them and hasn’t worked out how flash thingy works in new toy :bulb:

Dart Distribution: Driver so blown away by the truck (although it’s only a Daf) still has tears in his eyes and can’t even see you :bulb:

HG Moore: Driver still in shock over his/her ■■■■ poor wage packet has vowed never to falsh anyone in ever again :wink:

ermmm ow exactly do you “Falsh”■■? :laughing: