bad drivers?

haulmaster:
why are there so many truck drivers on roads now that dont flash when u pass or thank u for flashing them in.also lots that pull in before u flash them causing u to have to change your underpants.

Maybe a reflection of the standard of monkeys (bone idle, self centered, can’t drive for toffee etc} let loose on the road today or, no offence, in some cases they’re not given the chance to let anyone know there’s a good enough gap , safe to come back in now all’s well.

Mikejk:
‘…and flashing somebody is also against the law…’

A broad statement unlikely to be wholly true. However, I am keen to learn what evidence supports the submission within the thread context since it is dismissing a major facet of LGV practice mindful that ‘reminding other road users of one’s presence’ remains a constant consideration in our endeavour to drive safely.

Happy Keith:

Mikejk:

A broad statement unlikely to be wholly true. However, I am keen to learn what evidence supports the submission within the thread context since it is dismissing a major facet of LGV practice mindful that ‘reminding other road users of one’s presence’ remains a constant consideration in our endeavour to drive safely.

We have a copyrighted abbreviation for this Keith.

It is called MMTM and Neil Hobbs holds the copyright :smiley:

It sure ain’t “illegal” to flash your lights. It simply means “I am here” as does sounding the horn. Falshing however, IS illegal and carries the death penalty.

Where do some of you get your information from? :unamused: :confused:

illeagal…i should be banned by now then i flash emergency vehicles in with out the blues flashing and always get a thank you from them saying this now il flash another police van and get pulled for lol

if im trying to get out into lane 2 in traffic and car/van what ever lets me out i always give a wave of thank you at window be amazed how many wave or twinkle indicators back being polite

dont act like a ■■■■ on roads and you start to notice how many cars actually become more patient towards you

I think its a potentially dangerous thing to be doing.

One example i can think of was on the M6 at Forton services a truck in lane one being overtaken by another truck in lane 2, guy in lane 2 was about 2/3d’s past the guy in lane one, there is another truck coming outta Forton on the slip road.

Guy in lane 1 flashes i assume to let guy from the slip road on, but guy in lane 2 thinks he being flashed back into lane 1. Nearly ended up in a nasty accident, guy in lane 1 and guy in the slip road both had to hammer on the brakes whilst guy in lane 2 goes into lane 1.

Seen similar nearly happen at Penrith junction of the M6 at night as well, with people getting confused who is getting flashed in.

only flash in your mate if its safe for him to come across, even if you do flash him in and someone comes out of a sliproad, ok youre an idiot for doing that, but hes still at fault for not looking in his mirrors

Kenny1975:
I think its a potentially dangerous thing to be doing.

One example i can think of was on the M6 at Forton services a truck in lane one being overtaken by another truck in lane 2, guy in lane 2 was about 2/3d’s past the guy in lane one, there is another truck coming outta Forton on the slip road.

Guy in lane 1 flashes i assume to let guy from the slip road on, but guy in lane 2 thinks he being flashed back into lane 1. Nearly ended up in a nasty accident, guy in lane 1 and guy in the slip road both had to hammer on the brakes whilst guy in lane 2 goes into lane 1.

Seen similar nearly happen at Penrith junction of the M6 at night as well, with people getting confused who is getting flashed in.

Crossroads?

Happy Keith:

Mikejk:

flashing overtaking trucks used to be a way of helping other drivers know its safe to come in,you have to use your common sense when you come up to an mway jnct but as i have read so often it seems drivers today dont have any.i am sick of it so now i just let the billy big wheelers get on with it,i dont agree that its owner drivers who are the worst culprits after all they have to pay the insurance not a boss…