Bad and or dangerous roads

As title thought of this thread after going over the two almighty dips in the a34 northbound opp the holiday inn just before the m40 nice!! Im shocked these have still not been dealt with. Oh and the big hole on the slip road onto the m6 northbound at j6 (this one they just keep trying filling in every other day)! Anyone care to add any I’m sure there are loads these two IMO are quite bad.

The most dangerous road I know off is whatever one my mrs happens to be driving on :laughing: :laughing:

just about every single road i use sounds like that. they are in a terrible state these days. even resurfacing doesnt seem to last more than a few months and the anti skid surfaces are even worse as they soon wear down creating an uneven surface which will reduce grip quite drastically

You on about those ones on the 34 north of Oxford as you go over the other side of the small crossing/bridge ■■ ■■■■ right those are dangerous, air seat goes berserk over those :imp:

tram lines are bad, I remember the the M4 London bound after reading services before it got resurfaced it would throw you half way into lane 2 if you didn’t fight it or catch it quickly.

A1 between bramham and the split for the M1 both directions absolutely shocking road surface been like this for the past 2years.

Phantom Mark:
You on about those ones on the 34 north of Oxford as you go over the other side of the small crossing/bridge ■■ ■■■■ right those are dangerous, air seat goes berserk over those :imp:

Correct yes there are two by the bridges my empty drag trailer took off !!

M62,either before or after Birchwood junction depending on the direction you’re travelling,it’s like driving through a plowed field for at least half a mile! :open_mouth:

a43 silverstone area. shocking. :open_mouth: :unamused:

A443 Newnham Bridge to Worcester via Stockton on Teme.

ovy:

Phantom Mark:

Bad or dangerous driving, not a bad or dangerous road.
As a professional driver, you drive to the conditions.
Conditions doesn’t only mean weather conditions
Conditions also includes the general condition of the road your driving on. Whether it’s motorway, A, B or C road makes no difference. If you are unable to keep your vehicle under proper control, you are not driving to the conditions.
Your drag taking off is not under proper control.

You’ve already mentioned you are aware of these particular problem areas, so it’s entirely down to you to adapt your driving to suit.

Simon:

ovy:

Phantom Mark:

Conditions also includes the general condition of the road your driving on. Whether it’s motorway, A, B or C road makes no difference. If you are unable to keep your vehicle under proper control, you are not driving to the conditions.

You’ve already mentioned you are aware of these particular problem areas, so it’s entirely down to you to adapt your driving to suit.

Its all well and good to say you can adapt your driving to suit.Its the idiots coming the other way that haven’t adapted their driving to suit the road and/or conditions,that can make the road more dangerous!

Dave the Renegade:

Simon:

Its all well and good to say you can adapt your driving to suit.Its the idiots coming the other way that haven’t adapted their driving to suit the road and/or conditions,that can make the road more dangerous!

Adapting your own driving is all you can do. If you have proper control of your own vehicle, you can then take some action to try and avoid the idiot coming the other way. If you don’t have proper control, you’ve got no chance.

Simon:

Dave the Renegade:

Simon:

Adapting your own driving is all you can do. If you have proper control of your own vehicle, you can then take some action to try and avoid the idiot coming the other way. If you don’t have proper control, you’ve got no chance.

Not if you are on a narrow A road where there is nowhere to go.I have been up on a grass verge with the whole width of the vehicle off the tarmac,but if there is a bank or a steep drop,you have nowhere to take evasive action.If you drive the A443 you will see what I mean.Much different to some of the trunk roads.

Simon:

ovy:

Phantom Mark:

I do adapt on the roads and motorways i’m familiar with,especially the bit i mentioned in an earlier post,i learned to adapt to this bit very quickly after i was thrown out of my air seat into the roof of my cab,and yes i was wearing my seatbelt too.

You can’t know every poor stretch of road though,so sometimes you will be caught out by the conditions,and potentially lose control through no fault of your own,Councils and the Highways Agency should shoulder some of the blame for the state of our major trunk routes.

Dave the Renegade:

Simon:

Dave the Renegade:

Simon:

Not if you are on a narrow A road where there is nowhere to go.I have been up on a grass verge with the whole width of the vehicle off the tarmac,but if there is a bank or a steep drop,you have nowhere to take evasive action.If you drive the A443 you will see what I mean.Much different to some of the trunk roads.

So are you saying that not having proper control of your own vehicle gives you a better chance ?

The A4046 between Aberbeeg and Cwm, in the snow.

Always makes me think of this youtu.be/CRHzIZjNUyo the V.C have been replaced with morris dancers brilliant.

Simon:

Dave the Renegade:

Simon:

Dave the Renegade:

Simon:

Not at all.What I am saying if someone is coming at you on a narrow A road who isn’t on their right side of the road and you have a bank on your nearside,or a drop,where do you go…jump over top of him !
So are you saying that not having proper control of your own vehicle gives you a better chance ?

How do you take evasive action in a situation like this,if there is another artic that is following at a fair speed which you cannot see until the last minute ?

These are the type of A roads that I am referring to.And this is a trunk road,the A44 near Aberystwyth.

Although I do Europe these days, I did UK work for 10 years before that. I’ve driven on all sorts of roads, including those 2, others like them and worse.
You can only control your vehicle. Being in full and proper control of your vehicle gives you the best chance in any situation.
Not driving to suit the conditions means you don’t have full and proper control which reduces your chances in any situation.

As professional drivers, it’s up to us to maintain full and proper control of our vehicle, it’s what you are paid for. That means making full use all the information available to us. Using our eyes to observe the road, the movements of the vehicle in front of us, sign posts, everything and anything else that’ll give us a clue.
As adults, it’s no use crying that it’s someone elses fault that you are unable to keep full and proper control. It isn’t, it’s your fault.