Back to work for the sickies

About bloody time our government got to grip with the lazy idle folk who hide behind the mental health excuse.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

So is this a whole generalisation here ? Or just a plain drunken rant ?
Tell your views to a solider with PTSD who jumps out his/hers skin at every loud bang
Or the mother /father who finds their teenage son/daughter hanging in their bed room because Oh you’re not really mentally ill
Oh and I suppose you’re not seen the story on the news about the who was put in secure mental hospitals 100’s miles from home , kept getting moved but no closer to home or family , She did finally make it back near her family in a box
RANT OVER !

Read it again ffs.

rearaxle:
Read it again ffs.

So treat every one like this then and if they don’t , you know what in a week then they’re lying about their mental health
youtu.be/zrzMhU_4m-g?si=pPRKPdYp__KdnDyQ

Sure there are many genuine cases, no doubt…but by the same token there are the habitual scroungers who will jump on every undetectable disability going to maintain their easy going non working lifestyles, they are the ones who should be rooted out.
I know a guy who has not worked since 1986, he’s had everything going, including the obligatory walking with a stick when there is no need.
Last buzz word condition he jumped on was ‘bi polar’, that seems to be the flavour of the month with a lot of them…before anybody jumps in telling me about their cousin Geoff, :unamused: ,.I’m sure being bi polar again is genuine in many cases.
Whatever the cost it will not be anything like the absolute obscene 6 mill.a day that the imported non indigenous scroungers are costing us. :imp:
Maybe they should be the first priority to stop. :bulb:

rearaxle:
About bloody time our government got to grip with the lazy idle folk who hide behind the mental health excuse.

Is that it? A one-line rant with nothing to back it up?

What is there about that one line for you to say to Blue Estate “Read it again ffs”?
He’s been upfront that he’s been struggling recently, there are others on TN who also have been upfront about MH struggles.

How many people are you talking about?
What is the cost to the NHS per annum?
What is the cost to us the taxpayer per “culprit”?
How many of those not in work due to claims of “mental health issues” should be considered suspect, compared to the number of claimants (see PTSD squaddie reference) who can legitimately be seen to be affected?
What types of psychological inability to work are you talking about?

I’m not saying by any means that there are not bogus claimants, I’m inclined to judge these things harshly too, but there’s always been people like that even when I was young. Back then it was said they were “bad with their nerves” :unamused: Assuming that everyone in this category is faking-it isn’t helpful at all.

It’s worth pointing out the particular importance of genuine mental health issues to men:
In the UK, suicide is the highest cause of death among men under the age 45. In fact the highest suicide rate in the UK is recorded for men aged 40–44.
bps.org.uk/blog/male-suicid … t-epidemic

That is already largely being ignored, are you suggesting we should ignore it some more?

Not another “have a go at the ones on £85 a week”. Why not, just for once, go after a water company boss or an energy boss or a million other people ripping you off for a fortune?

But no - the ones we need to go after (yet again) are the ones on a pittance. Incidentallyt the tories did a report on what good tormenting benefit claimints did and then refused to publish it - cos it showed all the “measures to get them back to work” did absolutely no good whatsoever and cost the taxpayer many times more than just paying the their £85 a week and letting them find work themselves. It’s just paying fortunes to private companies to “interview” the disabled.

You want to know the absolute best way of getting people into work? The only one that works? Pay a living wage.

I’m more inclined to be empathetic towards people with MH problems than I am to those who claim their obesity isn’t their fault, so they need shedloads of “treatment” courtesy of the NHS, but the contents of their Tesco’s shopping trolley tell a different story.

Guess who has just been to Tesco’s, in the town with the fourth highest incidence of adult overweight/obesity (76.8% :open_mouth: ) across the UK?

JeffA:
Not another “have a go at the ones on £85 a week”. Why not, just for once, go after a water company boss or an energy boss or a million other people ripping you off for a fortune?

No, they are going after the habitual and career scroungers, the ones who have absolutely nothing wrong with them and know how to play the system. The vast majority of these career benefit scroungers get so much handed to them for free why in the hell are they going to want to go and earn the same or less in a job. Its about time I say, I have no issue with people “genuinely” in need of benefits and they deserve our help.

I Quite agree - Go after the career scroungers and make them work in care homes.

I would start with the Tories in the House of Commons & the House Of Lords - each one of them makes the £85 a week benefit scrounger look totally amateur.

tmcassett:

JeffA:

No, they are going after the habitual and career scroungers, the ones who have absolutely nothing wrong with them and know how to play the system. The vast majority of these career benefit scroungers get so much handed to them for free why in the hell are they going to want to go and earn the same or less in a job. Its about time I say, I have no issue with people “genuinely” in need of benefits and they deserve our help.

At last someone who knows what I’m talking about.

So, for the most of you others who jumped onto a rant about something completely different, Get off ya high horse!!.

rearaxle:

So, for the most of you others who jumped onto a rant about something completely different, Get off ya high horse!!.

[/quote]

I sir refer you to your first post

rearaxle:
About bloody time our government got to grip with the lazy idle folk who hide behind the mental health excuse

No high horse you set the bar , and now trying to justify your wording :unamused:
If you said sickness benefits scroungers you wouldn’t have been jumped on by me and others

My neighbour 4 doors away has two sons in their late 40s both of whom have never done a stroke of paid work in their entire life.Remarkable.

Once you get “Mental Health Issues” on your medical records, then guess who’ll then never get a top dollar job again anywhere?

“Job for Life” people - won’t notice the difference until the day comes when they face redundancy from that “watertight” job, and then find they cannot get employed elsewhere for love nor money…

Btw. This isn’t about me, and I’m not a Jehova’s Witness, and I’m not CF neither.

It matters not if others think you are mentally ill, of course…

Keep away from that catch-all status of “Likely to harm themselves and others” - which’ll get one busted out of ANY job, let alone a transport related job, where you are in charge of what I’ve called many times a “Killing Machine” in the wrong hands…

It’s been some years since Nice and other truck attack locations…

This more recent one in NYC - shows that even liberal New Yorkers don’t ■■■■ about when it comes to throwing the book at such perps…

By far the largest group of “Mentally Ill” among at least the working population, as yet “undiagnosed” - have to be the TDS crowd.
Those who cannot see that the very politicians that are supposedly representing them are, in fact the very enemy they accuse those like Trump of being.
Are Lefties happy in this country now Boris is gone?
Are they happy that Starmer is taking us back into the EU with Sunak’s blessing?
Will they be happy to see Starmer win next year, and promptly get rid of Raynor?
Does anyone even care by this point?

How does one get a “sick note” these days, btw?
I’ve not been able to get a sit-down GP appointment for anyone in my family for the past three years already…
Dunno what I am supposed to do if I were seriously ill, and needed a “referal” - as I’d still need that face-to-face appointment presumably to get one…
Last I heard, my GP isn’t even in the country at the moment, nor has been for some time since! :open_mouth:

Gidders:
My neighbour 4 doors away has two sons in their late 40s both of whom have never done a stroke of paid work in their entire life.Remarkable.

You compare that to when we were young, and we used to see “Retirees” HAVE a stroke within weeks of retiring…

Don’t be jealous of “Baby Boomers” who’ve worked hard for their cushy pension - the last generation to actually get that pension in full, I suspect…

blue estate:

rearaxle:

rearaxle:
About bloody time our government got to grip with the lazy idle folk who hide behind the mental health excuse

No high horse you set the bar , and now trying to justify your wording :unamused:
If you said sickness benefits scroungers you wouldn’t have been jumped on by me and others
[/quote]
Yes WHO use it as an excuse to scam the system…its the new bad back excuse.

Winseer:

Gidders:

You compare that to when we were young, and we used to see “Retirees” HAVE a stroke within weeks of retiring…

Don’t be jealous of “Baby Boomers” who’ve worked hard for their cushy pension - the last generation to actually get that pension in full, I suspect…

True enough.I recall many times from my youth when a man who inevitably worked for the same company all his life,would perish within a year of retirement.
I am a “boomer” and have never taken time off work until getting cancer at age 60. Off sick for 18 months then back to it again to retire at 68 and now enjoying my pension.

tmcassett:

JeffA:

No, they are going after everyone who is out of work or sick. Or do you think they have a different benefit for “habitual and career scroungers”? They all get treated the same and get the same rubbish benefits. That’s why when I was on the dole for a while I remember thinking "I wish those stupid b* would keep quiet about £85 being far too much. In France they get two-thirds of their salary for 6 months. If anyone thinks £85 a week is too much why not just tell them to just single you out and pay you £85 a week because you’re happy with it? Then the rest of us can get two-thirds of our salary.

But I know there’s no arguing with the “get the scroungers” type because it’s not about the benefits anyone gets. If they got no benefits and everyone out of work was sent straight to Belsen it would still be “I hear it’s not bad in Belsen you know”. The only real cure for those ideas is a few months on the dole yourself. I remember one guy who was always saying “My mate gets three grand a week and a new beamer every fortnight on the dole”. Then he went on the dole and got £85 a week. Never heard him say the dole is too much from that day to this.

It’s odd how the only people you ever hear talk about this are the ones “my mate says…” or “I know a bloke in the next village…”

You never EVER get anyone who has actually done this themselves. “I made 3 grand a week on the dole and lived like a king - this is how I did it”. Never seen one yet. Ever.

But there’s no end of stories like "my mate says he knows a bloke who had a drink with a bloke who gave the Queen a loan to pay for a new wing at Balmoral - all from his dole money.

The next time you meet these blokes saying they get a fortune on the dole sit them down with a peice of paper and go through everything they get paid. Then write it out in this thread and let us all know. Cos I got £85 a week.

JeffA:
No, they are going after everyone who is out of work or sick. Or do you think they have a different benefit for “habitual and career scroungers”? They all get treated the same and get the same rubbish benefits. That’s why when I was on the dole for a while I remember thinking "I wish those stupid b* would keep quiet about £85 being far too much. In France they get two-thirds of their salary for 6 months. If anyone thinks £85 a week is too much why not just tell them to just single you out and pay you £85 a week because you’re happy with it? Then the rest of us can get two-thirds of our salary.

But I know there’s no arguing with the “get the scroungers” type because it’s not about the benefits anyone gets. If they got no benefits and everyone out of work was sent straight to Belsen it would still be “I hear it’s not bad in Belsen you know”. The only real cure for those ideas is a few months on the dole yourself. I remember one guy who was always saying “My mate gets three grand a week and a new beamer every fortnight on the dole”. Then he went on the dole and got £85 a week. Never heard him say the dole is too much from that day to this.

Okay so you got £85 a week, I have no idea about your circumstances. But you are incredibly naive believing that isn’t a whole generation out there who know how to milk the system and do get substantially more to make it more rewarding to sit on their lazy asses popping kids out everywhere or claim for a non existent disability or illness rather than get a job.

Let’s not forget also it isn’t just about the amount of physical cash they recieve, it’s all the things they get paid for them - reduced/no rent, council tax etc. And no I haven’t heard this from my mate down the pub, I used to see it on a daily basis in a previous life/job.