Back in the UK again. Advice/help

Third time this year! Tipping 30t of aggregate (polished stone) at Reef One again in Norwich next week and reloading at Hargreaves foundry at Halifax with architectural cast iron . Has anyone loaded out of there? If so whats it like? Cheers…

A better class of fish and chips up that aways !
…best I can offer :slight_smile:

And beer!!!

And in 'alifax they talk proper English like what I do.

Delivered there years ago and I just parked across gates and they just whipped them off thru curtains. That was only a couple of plts tho, not sure what they’ll be like for a full load?

Think there is a low bridge if you go in from the football ground side? You might have to go in around the back of the Nestle factory?

AndrewG:
Third time this year!
snip

Cheers…

Perhaps the Spanish are trying to tell you something? Giving you a chance to acclimatise to your future home, bit by bit?

mbax81:
Delivered there years ago and I just parked across gates and they just whipped them off thru curtains. That was only a couple of plts tho, not sure what they’ll be like for a full load?

Think there is a low bridge if you go in from the football ground side? You might have to go in around the back of the Nestle factory?

Bridge? More like a tunnel. 13’6" (4.1m) so a continental truck should be okay.

google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=en& … px8IkQEwCg

Santa:

mbax81:

That depends who put the sign up saying thats the height.

Santa:

mbax81:

Aye that’s the one, when I went I’d just started out on rigids so was only 12 somert

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:
Third time this year!
snip

Cheers…

Perhaps the Spanish are trying to tell you something? Giving you a chance to acclimatise to your future home, bit by bit?

No one else wants to do it mate. To be tbh though no one even wants to do the Malaga-Calais slog either . I like it, breaks the boredom of my same route week in week out. I did get some surprised looks when tipping at Norwich last time, a ES reg lhd truck with a Norfolk accent driver… :grimacing:

Santa:

mbax81:

Thanks for that, im down to 4.05m with the tilts we use but will bear the bridge in mind when i get near to Hargreaves…

AndrewG:
No one else wants to do it mate.

You mean…

No one else can keep up with yer big 700 :smiley:

30 tons, really? Only advice I can offer lad is to keep to’t back roads and travel only between two and three in t’mornin
What you driving lad, day cab Foden 3000 wi L10 ■■■■■■■ pulling Hoynor bulker?

Twoninety88:
A better class of fish and chips up that aways !
…best I can offer :slight_smile:

He’ll find nowt better than what he had at Long Stratton.

Exley Lane running up from Elland is too tight, and Jubilee Road is closed off for roadworks, so you’ll have to come in from Bailey Hall Road round the back of Rowntree-Mac’s.
ETA: Watch yourself at the end of Bailey Hall Rd, it drops downhill, swings to the right and suddenly COBBLES. And it’s been raining up here
Water Lane bridge is 13’6", but it’s arched and on a hill, there’s been foreigners caught under there before. It’s worth a lot of hero points, but I WILL post the article if you make it into the paper :smiley:

If you’re after somewhere to park up, Church St in Greetland’s a little unadopted road 2 mins from takeaways, co-op and a reasonable little chippy - not much of a detour from the road up to J24

Old John:
30 tons, really? Only advice I can offer lad is to keep to’t back roads and travel only between two and three in t’mornin

Eh?? Lwb 4x2 FH 16 with ex Norfolk Line VanHool tilt will just scrape 14t…

Old John:

arronls:
Exley Lane running up from Elland is too tight, and Jubilee Road is closed off for roadworks, so you’ll have to come in from Bailey Hall Road round the back of Rowntree-Mac’s.
ETA: Watch yourself at the end of Bailey Hall Rd, it drops downhill, swings to the right and suddenly COBBLES. And it’s been raining up here
Water Lane bridge is 13’6", but it’s arched and on a hill, there’s been foreigners caught under there before. It’s worth a lot of hero points, but I WILL post the article if you make it into the paper :smiley:

If you’re after somewhere to park up, Church St in Greetland’s a little unadopted road 2 mins from takeaways, co-op and a reasonable little chippy - not much of a detour from the road up to J24

Thanks for the detailed directions mate, very helpful… :smiley:

AndrewG:

Old John:

44 ton on 5 axles? :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Old John:

44 ton on 5 axles? :grimacing:

Well, he`s OK in France now. After 2019, and north of the tunnel, the rules change somewhat I believe.
formation-transport-routier.fr/g … e-PTRA.htm