Back in the UK again. Advice/help

44 tonnes on five axles? that’s going to be a wheel clamp jobbie in the UK.

cav551:
44 tonnes on five axles? that’s going to be a wheel clamp jobbie in the UK.

Probably why no one else wanted to do it :unamused: .

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Old John:
30 tons, really? Only advice I can offer lad is to keep to’t back roads and travel only between two and three in t’mornin
What you driving lad, day cab Foden 3000 wi L10 ■■■■■■■ pulling Hoynor bulker?

Eh?? Lwb 4x2 FH 16 with ex Norfolk Line VanHool tilt will just scrape 14t…

44 ton on 5 axles? :grimacing:

Ha ha ha ! He’s an ol Norfolk boy with an ol Norfolk line tilt, 44t on 5 axle’s, Andy G what aree you running light for.

eddie snax:

the nodding donkey:

AndrewG:

Old John:
30 tons, really? Only advice I can offer lad is to keep to’t back roads and travel only between two and three in t’mornin
What you driving lad, day cab Foden 3000 wi L10 ■■■■■■■ pulling Hoynor bulker?

Eh?? Lwb 4x2 FH 16 with ex Norfolk Line VanHool tilt will just scrape 14t…

44 ton on 5 axles? :grimacing:

Ha ha ha ! He’s an ol Norfolk boy with an ol Norfolk line tilt, 44t on 5 axle’s, Andy G what aree you running light for.

Exactly :grimacing: Running out of Gt Yarmouth back in the day 44t could be the loaded weight!
Roffs old DAF 2300’s used to struggle somewhat :wink:
44t on 5 axles is the norm, some in the UK cant get their head around it though, its what came through the chunnel last time and the time before…

I thought you needed six axles for 44ton,have I got it wrong,genuine question.

Having read through the French and hopefully understood it correctly, there is no change to the weight limit for cross border transport which is still 40 tonnes regardless of whether the vehicle has five or six axles. The only exceptions in France appear to be what they call internal intermodal transport (which does not apply to this load) and ex farm transport. The UK limit is 40t on five axles. The article also mentions a one tonne increase to weight limits for most categories to compensate for alternative fuel technology, and some mumbo-jumbo about weird looking aerodynamic additions to vehicles. There is a proposal from the DVSA about the same thing currently.

formation-transport-routier.fr/g … -PTRA.html

cav551:
Having read through the French and hopefully understood it correctly, there is no change to the weight limit for cross border transport which is still 40 tonnes regardless of whether the vehicle has five or six axles. The only exceptions in France appear to be what they call internal intermodal transport (which does not apply to this load) and ex farm transport. The UK limit is 40t on five axles. The article also mentions a one tonne increase to weight limits for most categories to compensate for alternative fuel technology, and some mumbo-jumbo about weird looking aerodynamic additions to vehicles. There is a proposal from the DVSA about the same thing currently.

formation-transport-routier.fr/g … -PTRA.html

Thanks for that,thought I was right.

Well…tipped the agg at Reef One and reloaded at Hargreaves (thanks for the info re the bridge :smiley: ) . Architecural cast iron beams,56 half ton beams and two others, wasnt informed though that one was 14.6m! Never carry projection loads and dont have a load projection sign, an old hi vis hargreaves kindly gave me has done the job so far to Folkestone… :stuck_out_tongue: