Back axle and adblue query

Hi all, silly question time maybe?

1. When I finish a shift, I fuel up in the yard, nobody has mentioned adblue yet? Is It something I should put in or is it just the winter thing? Basicla WTF is it and should I be blueing?
  2. Took out a 6x2 rigid today, by break I was 3/4 empty so pressed the button to raise the wheels, which they duly did. Then I got a driving hieght error!! So I dropped them and thought better off it. Asked a driver later he said he never raises his never told to and doesn’t in case they don’t come back down? Any views?

BTW aren’t fridge lorries noisy? Sat break in a layby wondered which noisy T@@T had left there engine running then realised it was my freezer and no one else was in the layby! :blush:

Adblue is an all year everday thing that the truck uses.So yes at the end of your shift if your putting diesel in you should also top up the adblue…You must have a gauge for it in the truck?..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

All ways fill add blue up when you fill diesel up (but not with diesel )
As for wheels look down side of drivers seat there’s a keypad for raising and lowering suspension , press middle top button green light comes on then press middle button on right hand side and it will level it’s self out then when done turn off button
P/s do it with ignition on
Chiller if empty just switch it off :wink:

daftvader:
Adblue is an all year everday thing that the truck uses.So yes at the end of your shift if your putting diesel in you should also top up the adblue…You must have a gauge for it in the truck?..

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I couldn’t see a gauge or a separate tank, so will check next time. Only got red and white diesel tanks. Cheers

blue estate:
All ways fill add blue up when you fill diesel up (but not with diesel )
As for wheels look down side of drivers seat there’s a keypad for raising and lowering suspension , press middle top button green light comes on then press middle button on right hand side and it will level it’s self out then when done turn off button
P/s do it with ignition on
Chiller if empty just switch it off :wink:

Unfortunately still had some chips n peas on!
Will have another look at the wheels, found a green lorry button, which did rectify it. Cheers Blue.

what makes the truck ?

Man 26t

Adblue tank should be a lot smaller than diesel and will prob have a blue top, but not guaranteed. I top mine up sometimes once a week at most as it doesmt use anything like as much as diesel. If you go into the dash computer that tells you about oil etc it might give adblue too (on my Merc it does).

Tried driving a wheel lifter without lifting the back wheels once when empty - you’d think the apocalypse had arrived based on the amount of red warnings I was getting! :slight_smile:

spacemanZ10:
Man 26t

l/h side of dials at bottom should be a button under fuel gauge with a pump symbol on push that with ignition on and it will toggle between fuel level and add blue
Just one other thing what’s the age of truck ?

Turn fridge off on breaks,won’t hurt the good for 45 mins to have the fridge off as long as you are not opening the doors to let the cold out,it’s good etiquette to ensure fellow drivers don’t have to listen to your fridge all break…I’m a fridge driver and always turn it off on breaks and if I stop at the services to use the toilets the fridge is off whilst I’m gone.

blue estate:

spacemanZ10:
Man 26t

l/h side of dials at bottom should be a button under fuel gauge with a pump symbol on push that with ignition on and it will toggle between fuel level and add blue

Thanks for that, they vary between 2011 - 2015. So where does the Blue go, I assume not straight in with diesel, I couldn’t see any other tanks, only white and red diesel.

xichrisxi:
Turn fridge off on breaks,won’t hurt the good for 45 mins to have the fridge off as long as you are not opening the doors to let the cold out,it’s good etiquette to ensure fellow drivers don’t have to listen to your fridge all break…I’m a fridge driver and always turn it off on breaks and if I stop at the services to use the toilets the fridge is off whilst I’m gone.

Thanks xichrisxi was a bit worried it would all be soggy if I turned it off but I suppose they should stay cool like a house freezer if not opened? It was Frozen btw.
Cheers

spacemanZ10:

blue estate:

spacemanZ10:
Man 26t

Thanks for that, they vary between 2011 - 2015. So where does the Blue go, I assume not straight in with diesel, I couldn’t see any other tanks, only white and red diesel.

Look on other side N/s , the 2011 may not have adblue but the 2012 on will

spacemanZ10:

xichrisxi:

Thanks xichrisxi was a bit worried it would all be soggy if I turned it off but I suppose they should stay cool like a house freezer if not opened? It was Frozen btw.
Cheers

Donkey engine chillers come down to temp quite quick if back is already cold

spacemanZ10:

xichrisxi:

Cheers

Goods will be ok for at least 3-5 hours as long as it’s @ temp when it goes (turned) off and the back doors ain’t opened I was told by Thermoking engineer who came out to me when my fridge packed in once,as you say just like a fridge at home just bigger,45mins won’t hurt it at all and gives you,and others a peaceful break :smiley:

Cheers all, as ever thanks for the help, looks like there is no such thing as a stupid question… oh wait?

Some MAN’s dont use Adblue. I had a 26t fridge unit while on agency and that didn’t have Adblue. Same with the Scania rigid I have no, no Adblue needed.

xichrisxi:

spacemanZ10:

xichrisxi:

Cheers

Goods will be ok for at least 3-5 hours as long as it’s @ temp when it goes (turned) off and the back doors ain’t opened I was told by Thermoking engineer who came out to me when my fridge packed in once,as you say just like a fridge at home just bigger,45mins won’t hurt it at all and gives you,and others a peaceful break :smiley:

Just be careful with this advice, some places do not want you turn off the fridge unless you’re empty.

Re Adblue. As Radar19 says,some do,some don’t. So far in my short career I’ve driven/driving these:

13 reg 26t Scania
14 reg 32t Volvo
15 reg 32t DAF (not something i would readily admit to)
The last two do,the Scania doesn’t. Presumably if there’s no Adblue gauge on the dashboard then that’s that. Or even better,if there’s no tank.
As far as the rear axle,if you lift it with any sort of a load on it can become a minefield if there’s any danger of the driving axle being overloaded and it’s something I’m not 100% sure about, so I play it safe and only lift it when I’m empty. I think some bodies have a weight sensor on the driving axle to avoid that situation but like I say I’m not sure. I hope any of that helps :smiley:

Thanks Nobby