Back axle and adblue query

blue estate:
what makes the truck ?

Normally a set of wheels and a place for the driver to sit. :laughing:

Iā€™ll get my coat now

Spaceman, IN BASIC TERMS!!! - The whole point of adblue is to control emisions (crap out the exhaust), and trucks emissions standards/requirements have been categorized into groups i.e Euro 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6ā€¦ I believe the Euro 4 MAN was about the last to meet the required standard without having adblue (Which as said above was about 2011-2012). Since then, newer trucks needing to meet the Euro 5 and Euro 6 emissions standards have to quirt a little bit of adblue into the exhaust system to reduce emissions, and pass the required pollution standards. Iā€™m no expert in this field, but I believe all trucks now entering London need to meet Euro 6 standards, but I might be wrong and Iā€™m sure someone will correct me if I am! :grimacing: But Iā€™m just trying to give you a grasp of what itā€™s all aboutā€¦

As for lifting your rear axle, on a Rigid itā€™s called a ā€˜Tagā€™ axle and on a MAN is lifted via a switch on the dash. The control panel down besides your seat is nothing to do with raising the Tag, this is for leveling the truck as required to aid with loading or unload. Once you have finished loading or unloading, you should return the truck to itā€™s normal ride height, and this is the green button shown here.

I donā€™t drive a truck with these anymore, our artic fleet are Renaults which are different. But if I recall correctly you need to switch on (wake up the control panel) by pressing the button directly above the M2 button before it will do absolutely anything.

Again, Iā€™m sure someone will correct me if Iā€™m wrong. And as Blue Estate is our resident VAN expert :wink: Iā€™ll leave it to him! :smiley:

Our 62 Plate MANs donā€™t have adblue. When did Euro 6 come in? Isnā€™t that when MAN went over to Adblue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PaulNowak:
Our 62 Plate MANs donā€™t have adblue. When did Euro 6 come in? Isnā€™t that when MAN went over to Adblue?

Not a clue mate, I couldnā€™t be arsed with the details!
Our other depot has a load of Euro 6 trucks, so know they are aboutā€¦
I was just trying to give the OP an understanding of what itā€™s all about, Iā€™m not bloody researching it as well! :imp:
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PaulNowak:

Our 2 15 plate 26 t and 2 16 plt 26t. Mans are ad blue

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Evil8Beezle:
Spaceman, IN BASIC TERMS!!! - The whole point of adblue is to control emisions (crap out the exhaust), and trucks emissions standards/requirements have been categorized into groups i.e Euro 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6ā€¦ I believe the Euro 4 MAN was about the last to meet the required standard without having adblue (Which as said above was about 2011-2012). Since then, newer trucks needing to meet the Euro 5 and Euro 6 emissions standards have to quirt a little bit of adblue into the exhaust system to reduce emissions, and pass the required pollution standards. Iā€™m no expert in this field, but I believe all trucks now entering London need to meet Euro 6 standards, but I might be wrong and Iā€™m sure someone will correct me if I am! :grimacing: But Iā€™m just trying to give you a grasp of what itā€™s all aboutā€¦

As for lifting your rear axle, on a Rigid itā€™s called a ā€˜Tagā€™ axle and on a MAN is lifted via a switch on the dash. The control panel down besides your seat is nothing to do with raising the Tag, this is for leveling the truck as required to aid with loading or unload. Once you have finished loading or unloading, you should return the truck to itā€™s normal ride height, and this is the green button shown here.

I donā€™t drive a truck with these anymore, our artic fleet are Renaults which are different. But if I recall correctly you need to switch on (wake up the control panel) by pressing the button directly above the M2 button before it will do absolutely anything.

Again, Iā€™m sure someone will correct me if Iā€™m wrong. And as Blue Estate is our resident VAN expert :wink: Iā€™ll leave it to him! :smiley:

Thanks Evil, feel a bit more clued up on the Adblue. I will ask the TM what procedure is and how I know, many of the wagons are scania so whole diff ball game! I did work out the green button seemed to cure the axle issue as I had lowered it and risen it earlier for a bay, but good to have it explained.
Thanks again everyone.

Euro 5 MANs deffo donā€™t use Adblue, Iā€™ve driven them in every shape and size

14 plate Scaniaā€™s at Canute had adblue, so I am guessing it came in 2013.

Anyway Paul, I shouldnā€™t be talking to you. You big bully :wink:

eagerbeaver:
14 plate Scaniaā€™s at Canute had adblue, so I am guessing it came in 2013.

Anyway Paul, I shouldnā€™t be talking to you. You big bully :wink:

Shall I PayPal you ten pence, so you can go call someone that gives a flying ā€œforkā€

I wonā€™t take back anything Iā€™ve said, or offer an apology.

I think it varies from make to make bud. Iā€™ve put Adblue in various older motors, but MAN used EGR to keep within Euro 5 limits, so there was no need for Adblue until Euro 6. I think Iā€™ve driven 58 plate DAFs, way back when, that needed it.

Not that it matters, but one thing I find most annoying about my Actros is that the tanks are on opposite sides. No biggie, stick the tanks wherever you like, but why not plumb it up so regardless of where the tanks are, you can fill them up from the same side?

As usual Evil is spot on. The top middle button wakes up the panel and the green light above it comes on. Green button levels,and the arrows are self-explanatory. When you run a low body at the back like I do,some building sites require some ā€˜upā€™ button treatment for ground clearance,or a temporary raising of the axle for extra traction.
The two arenā€™t to be confused though. Raising the axle shouldnā€™t give you a ride-height warning,it means the suspension isnā€™t level,so you need some green button. Hope it helps

I drove a 63 plate Iveco (Iā€™m afraid to say) that didnā€™t have an adblue gauge per say. You had to go into a menu and another sub menu to find it. And it was hopeless. Itā€™d say 50% full and then half an hour later itā€™d say 10%. Youā€™d go to fill it up, and get about a quarter of a tank in. The next time it said 10% youā€™d end up putting more in than the tank said it could actually hold from empty. Scabby rotten horrid things.

Thanks Paul.