Baby Wipes

Seeing Lucy mention them in another thread, has anyone else discovered these are the best cleaning ‘rags’ around??

I borrowed once once and now always have a couple of packs in the cab!! Not only are they good for using as a water and flannel substitute in the mornings but they really do clean!!

Fifth wheel grease on your hands■■? Use a baby wipe… takes it straight off!!! God knows what it is doing to a babies 'arris but they clean anything!!!

I’ve been using baby wipes for years, for exactly the same as you, Bear.

In hot weather, put a container of them in your fridge, or failing that, next to a cool air outlet. When you get all hot and bothered, pull a cold baby bum wipe, out of the container and spread it out over your face. Its Ecstasy, in fact almost as good as ■■■ :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: .

There is a wipe sold in various outlets called Lava wipes, in a red pack. They are particularly good at shifting road dirt and 5th wheel grease.

I use Safeways own brand as they have a plastic snap shut lid (better than a sticky label), saves them drying out.

Great for cleaning almost anything off your skin.

Now if only I could find adult sized nappies :smiley: No need for the plastic bottle anymore :wink:

John

If you’re quick enough they’re also pretty good at removing coffee stains from your shirt!

ourmike:
If you’re quick enough they’re also pretty good at removing coffee stains from your shirt!

Yep, I have used them for that too, Mike lol
I use Waitrose, Cornish :stuck_out_tongue: … posh, eh?? for exactly the same reason as you

Bloody marvellous things…always carry them. I’ve got one of those big plastic boxes which you can just keep refilling. :wink:

So useful I started missing them when we were in the car, so we’v got them in there too now! :grimacing:

Add a roll of kitchen roll for split coffee on the dash/windscreen (don’t ask :blush: ) etc. and that’s all the “housework” covered too. :sunglasses:

i use HUGGIES there brilliant :wink:

I use em all the time. And after that, if there aint a sink, I get some boling water on a towell and wipe my face, its good to wake you up, and gets the baby wipe film off. Bear, theyre the dogs for wiping the cab out with yes.

I used them the same way babies do, if there wasn’t a shower or bidet handy. So soothing!
Now if only I could have found someone to put the talcum powder on :sunglasses:

Salut David.

I use the antiseptic type of wipes from supermarkets.

You’ll also find they’re useful for removing grime from your steering wheel,especially when someone else has been using your motor.

When you next get in your cabs,try it,and see how much muck comes off.

Ken.

essentials :smiley:

i have a packet which i keep with me all the time, most useful

agree with Lucy and keep kitchen roll with me as well

The other thing I have is a 2" paintbrush…gets rid of all the bits/■■■-ash/baccy from the crevices in the dash and down the front of the steering wheel…:grimacing:

ahhhh baby wipes ya just can’t beat em, i have a couple of packs in cab at all times too!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yep, never leave home without them in the cab and as Simon says the best place to keep them in the summer is in the fridge.

Now with all these replies from all of us well past the baby stage how long before we see them marketed as ‘Truckers Wipes?’

Truckers Wipes, soft, strong and soothing,
they keep the wheels of Britain moving.

:wink: :smiley:

Simon:
Its Ecstasy, in fact almost as good as ■■■ :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: .

I think you are doing the ■■■ part wrong mate :wink: :laughing:

north surrey haulage:

Simon:
Its Ecstasy, in fact almost as good as ■■■ :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: .

I think you are doing the ■■■ part wrong mate :wink: :laughing:

No I ain’t mate :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: , thats why they are only almost as good as.
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

cornish trucker:
I use Safeways own brand as they have a plastic snap shut lid (better than a sticky label), saves them drying out.

Great for cleaning almost anything off your skin.

Now if only I could find adult sized nappies :smiley: No need for the plastic bottle anymore :wink:

John

this may help you ■■ lifestyle.co.uk/personals/ba … lothes.htm

those new deo wipes are pretty good if your stuck of a wash first thing keep em in the fridge so there cool great on cool day and can wake you up a bit too if your feeling a little drowsy