B&Q reefers.

Anybody know why B&Q use reefers :question: :question:

Passed one in watford yesterday and its the first one i ever seen (might be just noticed), it was a B&Q livery trailer but usually they have curtain sides or trailers with no reefer as cant think what they sell in store that would need to be kept cold in transit but left on a shelf in store :question: :question:

pecjam23:
Anybody know why B&Q use reefers :question: :question:

Passed one in watford yesterday and its the first one i ever seen (might be just noticed), it was a B&Q livery trailer but usually they have curtain sides or trailers with no reefer as cant think what they sell in store that would need to be kept cold in transit but left on a shelf in store :question: :question:

flowers mate

I was gonna say the same thing :wink:

I would suggest plants … it’s bedding plant season !

I asked the same question several months ago,and it was obvious of course,plants.

bestbooties:
I asked the same question several months ago,and it was obvious of course,plants.

yeah, i never thought about the plants they sell, i never actually considered what they sell outside just what they sell inside.

Must of missed your post on that when you posted that, i’ll get a beating now from the people on here who hate repitition :exclamation: :wink: :laughing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

pecjam,
Don’t worry about it mate,I too only read the posts that look interesting and make a comment if it’s deserved.If we read every posting on here,we wouldn’t have time for owt else would we?

its because their deals are that hot if they weren’t chilled they would burn up before reaching the store.

Some people don’t realise that the fridge on a reefer works as a heater as well. Not just for growing plants but essential for soft fruit in the winter which is often at +10C.

Also needed to defrost quickly after switching from frozen

Santa:
Some people don’t realise that the fridge on a reefer works as a heater as well. Not just for growing plants but essential for soft fruit in the winter which is often at +10C.

Also needed to defrost quickly after switching from frozen

I asked some months ago on here how higher a temp a reefer can mantain, think it was something like 40’c or something like that, perfect for a winters day :exclamation: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

POST DELETED under rules and regs of the EU incomptency act 2009. :blush: :blush: :blush:

POST DELETED under rules and regs of the EU incomptency act 2009. :blush: :blush: :blush:

A fridge has many uses from food to chemicals, steel, marble,
paper in rolls or on pallets,the lsit is endless also there are
so many types, and makes, In fact those fridge-trailers
with the side opening walls are on the increase as they are
so good for multi-tasking,

hot tubs.

Hijacking this thread slightly,last week I saw a B&Q liveried unit pulling a Screwfix liveried trailer.Does one of these companies belong to the other? If not then I would imagine neither would be very pleased,as they are in competition to a certain extent.

Highlander:
Hijacking this thread slightly,last week I saw a B&Q liveried unit pulling a Screwfix liveried trailer.Does one of these companies belong to the other? If not then I would imagine neither would be very pleased,as they are in competition to a certain extent.

Is that what they mean by screwing the competition :question: :question: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing:

B&Q and screw fix are linked there both owed by the kingfisher group

Hi

Bit weird though

B & Q 'S Distrbution is done by Kuehne + Nagel Global logistics.

Screwfix is done by Wincanton Logistics.

Why dont they use the same company. :question: :question: :question:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Thanks

B&Q use the fridges to run out to normandy in france and pick up the plants, quite often see them sat in portsmouth waiting for the boat, they take the empty trays out and bring the loaded ones back!

I know this is an old idea, but several years ago I saw that B & Q had bought a fancy black Volvo which they were using to give safe and fuel efficient drivers a superiority complex.

Did it ever go on the road? To be fair I wouldn’t pay most of em with screwfix washers :laughing: