B&Q reefers.

truckerjames123:
Hi

Bit weird though

B & Q 'S Distrbution is done by Kuehne + Nagel Global logistics.

Thanks

B&Q is done by Wincanton :confused:

When I was on fridges they could be set to +30deg C - handy for defrosting the freezer compartment.

Off topic slightly following on from the Screwfix / B&Q thing.
I quite often see a Hanson liveried FH pulling Screwfix trailers, with the building related trades in decline it’s not uncommon to see an aggregate supplier unit pulling a container or similar.

Would the owner of the reefer have been Wodsides by chance?They do a lot of the Irish work,and the fridges would be handy for loading out.Probably only used one way?

K&N took over Hays Logistics who did home delivery for B&Q
Winnies do everything else

Plants and flowers are different things and run at different temps

a few moons ago i did a season with the fridges for them and have fond memories of Sunday morning drives to Chichester or Hull and meeting those nice Polish girls :smiley:

…

whiplash:
Would the owner of the reefer have been Wodsides by chance?They do a lot of the Irish work,and the fridges would be handy for loading out.Probably only used one way?

woodsides cover the north and montgomery cover the south. the plants come over in plain white units and trailers,not sure of the haulier although they are uk regs.

truckerjames123:
Hi

Bit weird though

B & Q 'S Distrbution is done by Kuehne + Nagel Global logistics.

Screwfix is done by Wincanton Logistics.

Why dont they use the same company. :question: :question: :question:

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Thanks

As someone else has said , Wincanton do distribution and warehousing for B&Q, and so do DHL. And between the three of them it runs like clockwork. And they all have a company ethos like ‘putting the customer first’, ‘reducing costs in partnership’ and ‘commited to a greener environment’. However in practice a Khuehne&Nagel vehicle will leave Runcorn empty bound for Doncaster depot. And a DHL vehicle will leave with him with a full load and return empty, if the DHL vehicle doesn’t do the run then they don’t get paid !! And thats how buisness works, contrary to all the partnership, ecological ,customer first ■■■■■■■■ !!!