AW Jenkinson - Scotland

Evening all, Looking to see what AW Jenkison is like to work for in Scotland?

I have read some of the previous posts saying you will be worked hard with your hours if you are tramping! What is tramping like with Jenkinson? How far travelled will you be if working out of Lockerbie or Bo’Ness?

What would you expect to recive in your pay pack at the end of the week tramping for them?

Cheers for any Info!

Is it walking floor or chipliner? Hours can be long, but it varies. Some weeks I max every day, others it’s 10-12hrs a day. Pay structure is just about unfathomable. Even drivers who have been here 15+ years don’t understand it. Basic salary plus meal allowance, fuel bonus, attendance bonus and nights out. Bank Holidays are working days so 28 days holiday, but no issue booking them off if you prefer. Hourly rate paid on top of salary fir bank holiday working. Like many places your planner is either the making or breaking of the job. Been with them 2 years now and not leaving anytime soon. Expect around £800 pw including nights out.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

rgt1973:
Expect around £800 pw including nights out.

Night out money is not wages. I wish people would stop including it when they talk about pay.

rgt1973:
Pay structure is just about unfathomable. Even drivers who have been here 15+ years don’t understand it.

I reckon that is no accident.
So your percentage of truck earnings bonus…
Obviously they disclose the truck’s weekly gross earnings to enable you to work out yourself what you are getting then eh?

I also agreed with Conor, your pay is your wages, your night out money is subsistence/expenses.
So on an average of 25 quid, your wage is 675 on 5n/o 700 on 4…not 800.

Conor:

rgt1973:

Night out money is not wages. I wish people would stop including it when they talk about pay.

But the op specifically asked what would you expect to get in your pay packet at the end of the week tramping for them?

So the poster above took his time to write a very helpful reply and answered his question.

Whereas you offered nothing helpful whatsoever. Well done!

I think Conor was alluding to the fact(as was I) that firms attempt to con potential drivers by adding expenses to pay when advertising,.to make things more attractive and many fall for it.
Just saying. :wink:

rgt1973:
Is it walking floor or chipliner? Hours can be long, but it varies. Some weeks I max every day, others it’s 10-12hrs a day. Pay structure is just about unfathomable. Even drivers who have been here 15+ years don’t understand it. Basic salary plus meal allowance, fuel bonus, attendance bonus and nights out. Bank Holidays are working days so 28 days holiday, but no issue booking them off if you prefer. Hourly rate paid on top of salary fir bank holiday working. Like many places your planner is either the making or breaking of the job. Been with them 2 years now and not leaving anytime soon. Expect around £800 pw including nights out.

Thanks vey much for the info and the response it is much apricated! Not sure if it is Walking Floor or Chipliner (Did not ask or was told).

Do you normally park up in lye byes or in services ? or will it just depend on where you are at that moment in time? Will they pay for parking at the services?

Cheers

crunch13:

Conor:

rgt1973:

But the op specifically asked what would you expect to get in your pay packet at the end of the week tramping for them?

So the poster above took his time to write a very helpful reply and answered his question.

Spot on !!

I was wanting to know what was going to be in a Pay Packet… Not just a Wage packet.

“Basic salary plus meal allowance, fuel bonus, attendance bonus and nights out.” + % of truck earnings.

Just remember everything but basic pay disappears if you have a week off so that wont be near £800 anymore.

mrginge:
Just remember everything but basic pay disappears if you have a week off so that wont be near £800 anymore.

Close but no cigar. Yes I’ll grant that your expenses will disappear but anything that is taxable will count towards average earnings for holiday purposes.

If for example your basic was £500 p/ but overtime and bonuses took it up to £800 p/w all year long then £800 p/w is what you’ll receive as holiday pay.

the maoster:

mrginge:

Close but no cigar. Yes I’ll grant that your expenses will disappear but anything that is taxable will count towards average earnings for holiday purposes.

If for example your basic was £500 p/ but overtime and bonuses took it up to £800 p/w all year long then £800 p/w is what you’ll receive as holiday pay.

From this time next year most eu laws will be gone ,one of which will be a right to any holiday pay never mind average holiday pay, another benefit of Brexit

Conor:

rgt1973:

Ridiculous, of course it’s wages , it’s in his bloody wage packet , so he can spend it on what he wants , coffees , beer , women or his mrs / kids
What do you do when you draw your wages out the bank , leave your night out money , meal allowance in there because it’s no t part of your wages
It’s nonsense , normally shouted out by those who don’t get it
I got £120 night out money last week , I drew it out & put it towards my £215 car service bill , so it’s my money , to spend on what I like .

crunch13:

Conor:

rgt1973:

Whereas you offered nothing helpful whatsoever. Well done!

It’s irrelevant what he was asked , he gets £800 pw in his wage packet , it’s his money to spend on what he wants , it doesn’t state on any pay slip I’ve ever seen what you can spend night out money / meal allowance / fuel bonus on / it just says net £800 , so never mind what this lot say , he’s got paid £800 & he can do what he likes with it , it’s his wage
It’s a ■■■■■■■ joke , he’s got £800 in his pay packet , and there saying no he’s only got £700 , mind boggling ,

the maoster:

mrginge:

I get the average hours bit, they wont be paying meal allowance or nights out which are not taxed, but the others like attendance bonus, fuel bonus and the truck earnings percentage must disappear?.

rgt1973:

Your doing ok , £800 pw take home is good other than in these idiots books ,

Alant:

the maoster:

mrginge:

From this time next year most eu laws will be gone ,one of which will be a right to any holiday pay never mind average holiday pay, another benefit of Brexit[/quote
I had last week on holiday & got paid £0 , that’s what I’ve been paid for the last 3/4 whilst on holiday £0

Anything that you are taxed on falls into scope mate.

Alant:

the maoster:

mrginge:

From this time next year most eu laws will be gone ,one of which will be a right to any holiday pay never mind average holiday pay, another benefit of Brexit

No holiday pay because of brexit? Got a link to that one please :open_mouth:

dozy:
[
I had last week on holiday & got paid £0 , that’s what I’ve been paid for the last 3/4 whilst on holiday £0

Is that because you didn’t ask your agency for your holiday pay? They’re not mind-readers, if you don’t ask, you don’t get.

rgt1973:

Is that £800 after tax? Seems decent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk