avonmouth truckstop

I cannot believe that in this day and age and after paying 16pound inc 2.50 meal voucher.that I go to have a shower which is also in the price that I find that it is a communal shower room of 4 showers and 1 hook for each and nowhere to put ypur toiletries except on the floor while showering. I am not a prude but do think that cubicles would be the norm in 2013.

Communal showers don’t worry me as i’ve showered with many men over the years (i’m waiting for the replys on this) but certainly 1 peg is just not good enough 3 at least is needed.

Picking your toiletries off the floor in a communal shower :open_mouth: takes a braver man than me to do it!

Lol, I’m hoping to gay peeps who frequent Lymm are reading this.:smiley:

You wouldn’t say that if they were mixed! :laughing:

Seriously though, I agree. Communal showers are disgusting. It’s similar to sharing cabins on boats, hey they’re all drivers put them in together.

Would they to the same to builders or nurses or accountantants?

bald bloke:
Communal showers don’t worry me as i’ve showered with many men over the years (i’m waiting for the replys on this) but certainly 1 peg is just not good enough 3 at least is needed.

I suppose it depends on how big ones peg is :wink: :wink:

you take a country like Germany,most autohofs you get a room with toilet, basin and a shower for around 2 euros and there always spotless,i wouldnt wash my dog in 90 per cent of the places in this country

another reason i never overnight in a ripoff truck stop, shower in the services then off to an ind est

syramax:

bald bloke:

I suppose it depends on how big ones peg is :wink: :wink:

Also depends if its a useful one

neil46:
‘…16pound … is a communal shower room of 4 showers and 1 hook for each and nowhere to put your toiletries except on the floor …’

Versus

knobby gb:
‘… Germany … you get a room with toilet, basin and a shower for around 2 euros and they’re always spotless…’

Aah, aren’t we the lucky suckers to have Lib/Lab/Con, pro-EU dictators doing this for us :unamused:

Happy Keith:

neil46:
‘…16pound … is a communal shower room of 4 showers and 1 hook for each and nowhere to put your toiletries except on the floor …’

Versus

knobby gb:
‘… Germany … you get a room with toilet, basin and a shower for around 2 euros and they’re always spotless…’

Aah, aren’t we the lucky suckers to have Lib/Lab/Con, pro-EU dictators doing this for us :unamused:

You do realise that Germany runs Europe?

If you phone the truckstop they will arrange a hot meal for you when you arrive after the kitchen shuts.
Some drivers walk to the village.Hotel over the train tracks gets busy sometimes.Indian restaurant and Chinese takeaway there too.
Free parking on the road to Davies Turner and the Renault truck dealer.
Off Third Way.

I haven’t been in that place for years, it was a ■■■■ hole then, sounds as if nothing’s changed :unamused:

Greasy tables and poor quality food that was slopped on the plate was enough for me to avoid the place after a single visit, luckily I wasn’t spending the night :sunglasses:

In all honesty I can’t say I’ve ever been in a UK ‘truckstop’ that would score above 3/10.

Some have half decent grub, but those are few and far between, none of them have facilities to match the better ones in Europe & even those are nowhere near as good as the North American ones for facilities.

The place is an utter hole what annoys me is how and y people frequantly use the place
I no t sounds a bit harsh but these places and its not just avinmouth shud be told to buck up or face closure how hard is it to provide decant quality food and decent showers if they supplied that there turnover wud go up making them more off a profitable buisness everyone’s a winner

Im not being funny, but i stopped in avonmouth the other month (my first ever night out) yes the showers are communal but they were clean and the water was hot,the cafe was clean, and the grub was good and fairly decent value with the voucher…

I understand ■■■■ holes exist, but for the price we pay (bearing in mind it covers 24h security ETC ETC aswell) Its not too bad! what do you lads want, the Ritz??

B…

Is soap on a rope still available? :wink:

I found the food to be very good.The breakfast us how many items as you want.Prices are ok.Very secure and quiet at night.

I have only stopped there for food, and found it decent and reasonably priced. There isn’t a lot of alternatives in that area.

I’ve only been there in the day, and the thing that stuck me was how clean it was.

I’ve been in there a couple of times for breakfast, was clean and tidy and the food was good.

I did notice the communal showers though :frowning: and the fact they lock the gates at 10.00pm (iirc) which is usually before I park up for the night :frowning: